Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't believe the hype. They make it sound like all you have to do it rinse it off with water, ever-after. I tried it, and trust me, you still have to wash and wax.
There is no miracle short-cut. Just stick to what you've always been doing. Use the 2-bucket method, clean good MF towels, common sense, and your products of choice.
Really?!?!?
I got my truck done earlier this year with a Cquartz Finest application on the entire vehicle including wheels. It is my daily driver, brand new truck, so I wanted to keep it looking good for a long time.
I would beg to differ on your statement. When I wash the vehicle, it's a lot easier to clean and I have no swirls as the Cqaurtz Finest application requires a paint correction and eliminating oils from the paint. Plus, when used with RELOAD, the Cquartz Finest can last up to 2 and a half years or more. Truck looks insanely good after just a wash and an application of RELOAD. Money well spent.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Tell us why. Waxing is quite cheap & easy. I don't think I could justify paying hundreds for one of these coat jobs unless the reasons were VERY compelling

Because I can spend the money on a coating, do it myself, and it lasts for years. I do it once and I am done. Sure, it takes more time, but it is definitely worth it. After I did the CQuartz my car had a different look to it that it's never had with wax. Much much more depth and gloss. I use CarPro soap and Reload on it, it's kept inside, I expect it to last a lonnnnng while. I am my own detailer so I get out of the high prices for coating installs; but until you do one yourself, you don't understand why the price is so high. It's not easy to apply coatings like it is a wax.

I don't believe the hype. They make it sound like all you have to do it rinse it off with water, ever-after. I tried it, and trust me, you still have to wash and wax.
There is no miracle short-cut. Just stick to what you've always been doing. Use the 2-bucket method, clean good MF towels, common sense, and your products of choice.

I have noticed a decent amount of less upkeep after CQuartz. It repels everything. The back of the car used to get dusty as hell from just driving around town for a few minutes. It doesn't do that now unless I hit a dusty road. I have driven it in the rain, when it stopped raining and I pulled over, never even looked like rain had touched it. You still have to wash it, but not having to wax it is nice.

I haven't seen any reputable coating that claims you can just rinse the car off. Of course you have to wash it, but with a quality coating you don't have to wax.

This.

Yeah I know I was being a little sarcastic. It's similar to another layer of clear coat, but no one can truly tell how long they really last.

You can tell... You can start to see when the hydrophobic qualities are going down, that's when you know it's time for it again. I will say this. I helped a buddy do CQuartz UK on his car. We did part of the car in one night and he finished it the next day. The next day before he finished he pulled it out in the sun and you can very clearly see where we had CQuartz on it and where it wasn't.

Really?!?!?
I got my truck done earlier this year with a Cquartz Finest application on the entire vehicle including wheels. It is my daily driver, brand new truck, so I wanted to keep it looking good for a long time.
I would beg to differ on your statement. When I wash the vehicle, it's a lot easier to clean and I have no swirls as the Cqaurtz Finest application requires a paint correction and eliminating oils from the paint. Plus, when used with RELOAD, the Cquartz Finest can last up to 2 and a half years or more. Truck looks insanely good after just a wash and an application of RELOAD. Money well spent.

Reload is amazing. I use it on my truck as well, and it works better than most waxes I have used. Lasts pretty damn long too; it's impressive for a spray sealant.

Here is my test of CQuartz UK after I let it harden for a day or two, I wanted to see how well it would bead/sheet. The hood wasn't done in this video.

[youtube_browser]eCc-DqKt_fs[/youtube_browser]

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Headlight%20Claws%202_zpsh8iib5p2.gif

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Props to you Booky!

First time I have seen someone royally **** up the look of a Hellcat.

Those sick monster claw marks really send the message!

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
Props to you Booky!

First time I have seen someone royally **** up the look of a Hellcat.

Those sick monster claw marks really send the message!
I was going to say I don't like the claw marks either, but I wasn't going to be an ass about it. =p

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Reload is amazing. I use it on my truck as well, and it works better than most waxes I have used. Lasts pretty damn long too; it's impressive for a spray sealant.
Here is my test of CQuartz UK after I let it harden for a day or two, I wanted to see how well it would bead/sheet. The hood wasn't done in this video.
Yes sir. Amazing stuff. When I drive to work in the morning after it rained or overnight dew is on the truck's hood, it's amazing to watch how it works.
Definitely money well spent.

Greg,....that car looks killer!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Damn Booky,

Just giving you a lil' jab mate. You dont have to bust out the teeth and claws on me!

Truth be told, you have a real nice car. Those stick on tire letters and Monster sticker gotta go though... Well, at least the Monster sticker.

PS: I do like Hellgato, even though that wouldnt be what I'd do to a Hellcat myself.

No worries, I actually just put the vinyl scratch marks to see how they looked.

They cost around $10 so I thought I would give them a try and I can easily remove them when I get tired of them.

But the white letters on the tires are a different story.

I love RWL tires on white cars, so those will remain. :beer:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^agreed that was a great color for the 05-09 cars! I wish they would bring grabber orange back, I think I like it even more than hugger and comp orange. School Bus Yellow on the later 11 up S197s is good looking, but just not the same.

Recon

Established Member
^^^agreed that was a great color for the 05-09 cars! I wish they would bring grabber orange back, I think I like it even more than hugger and comp orange. School Bus Yellow on the later 11 up S197s is good looking, but just not the same.

I wish they'd bring it back as well. Looks great on the S197 I. I like comp and school bus, but they don't have anything on grabber. Ironically most people think it's yellow when they ask about the car.
Here's my GT's big brother.
f8824c824ae50f8dfe868e3e9b3161e8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread