Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
I see all kinds of cars owned by members here and other forums pop up when I do a mustang google search... I wish I could get mine to pop up but it never does... don’t guess it really matters tho

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I see all kinds of cars owned by members here and other forums pop up when I do a mustang google search... I wish I could get mine to pop up but it never does... don’t guess it really matters tho
You need to take more photos of your car and post them on the forums.
When I do a search for my specific Mustang, A LOT of photos show up of my actual Mustang.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What are you having done to it??
Was gonna be my next question

Well, that's kind of a long story.
Spun a rod bearing at 141k and when that happened, I bought an Aluminator short block (10:1) and had the heads redone.
900 miles later, guess what? No oil pressure and there's a knock. The engine is well out of warranty period too.

So now it's all a mystery, not sure what it's going to need now. The builder is assuming a full rebuilt, but he's staying optimistic. I won't hear much until mid Nov, once he actually starts tearing into it. I just told him to keep the car until March/April.
Depending on the damage to the Aluminator, I'd like to throw some forced induction at it. I'm still undecided between a turbo or D1SC.

Saleen498

Established Member
Spun a rod bearing at 141k and when that happened, I bought an Aluminator short block (10:1) and had the heads redone.
900 miles later, guess what? No oil pressure and there's a knock. The engine is well out of warranty period too.

So now it's all a mystery, not sure what it's going to need now. The builder is assuming a full rebuilt, but he's staying optimistic. I won't hear much until mid Nov, once he actually starts tearing into it. I just told him to keep the car until March/April.
Depending on the damage to the Aluminator, I'd like to throw some forced induction at it. I'm still undecided between a turbo or D1SC.
Coyote swap!!!!! More power for less $

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member

Well, you already got a aluminator coyote there so you got some good power natural. I’d build it back with some upgrades and swap the cams. I don’t even know if I’d do any forced induction as your power is pretty damn good without it but I guess it depends on your goals and the rest of the car and can the rest of the car handle it and if it can go procharger but that’s just my .2c so I’d probably just leave it natural

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
You need to take more photos of your car and post them on the forums.
When I do a search for my specific Mustang, A LOT of photos show up of my actual Mustang.

Yep.. I’ve seen yours! So I guess don’t be surprised if y’all see pics of my mine :)
It’s not quite as mean as you guys mustangs, but it does do ok for what it is and is way better than stock 2v, but it’s like I’m always wanting more, wasn’t satisfied with spray lol

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, you already got a aluminator coyote there so you got some good power natural. I’d build it back with some upgrades and swap the cams. I don’t even know if I’d do any forced induction as your power is pretty damn good without it but I guess it depends on your goals and the rest of the car and can the rest of the car handle it and if it can go procharger but that’s just my .2c so I’d probably just leave it natural

No Aluminator Coyote. It's a 4.6 Aluminator. Made 286 at the wheels after the Aluminator went in. That's not enough power.
The rearend is already built. The trans was rebuilt (but nothing overly strong) a few years ago. The engine was/is the last big step.

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
No Aluminator Coyote. It's a 4.6 Aluminator. Made 286 at the wheels after the Aluminator went in. That's not enough power.
The rearend is already built. The trans was rebuilt (but nothing overly strong) a few years ago. The engine was/is the last big step.

Oooh I see, and understand, hell yes I’d go with the procharger, I assumed you meant coyote 5.0 sorry bout that

Thabeast

Established Member
82748ae1b98073e948b61b37620470e2.jpg

Patiently (somewhat) awaiting completion

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member

Personally, I like the cobra 4.6 and it can do great things if done right, the guy that owns the speed shop I go to has built one up to over 1000rwhp and he changed out the tranny to a powerglide, that’s totally not what I’d want but he’s probably got 6 figs in this car and he runs it.... it has a twin turbo set up

Users who are viewing this thread