Post pictures taken w/ Nikon D40

4fit?

Established Member
Quick question... I'm thinking about a 55-200mm lens. Is it worth it to buy the VR lens? I found the regular ones for about $130 and the VR for around $190.
IMO, Yes.

wow what did you do?
Man, more like what didn't I do. lol. I adjusted damn near everything. Exposure, contrast, curves, saturation, black levels, vibrance, etc, etc, etc. Oh, and I shoot with a Sony A200 SLR, not a D40. Just put those pics in there for prook of what LR can do. :beer:

Kyo

Established Member
Nice pics and info! I'm still playing with my D60 in the auto modes. I took some action shots of my tennis tournament this weekend that turned out OK. I'll play with them tonight and post a few.

Quick question... I'm thinking about a 55-200mm lens. Is it worth it to buy the VR lens? I found the regular ones for about $130 and the VR for around $190.

get the VR!! it's the only way to go man. I have the 55-200mm VR lense, and it's defenetly a nice lense to have around.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
IMO, Yes.

Man, more like what didn't I do. lol. I adjusted damn near everything. Exposure, contrast, curves, saturation, black levels, vibrance, etc, etc, etc. Oh, and I shoot with a Sony A200 SLR, not a D40. Just put those pics in there for prook of what LR can do. :beer:

Im using LR thanks to Powershiftz, are there any tutorials? i have only found the common 3 on the right side.

4fit?

Established Member
Im using LR thanks to Powershiftz, are there any tutorials? i have only found the common 3 on the right side.

Lightroom Killer Tips is pretty well known. And here is a list of some common tips. Most of the learning I have done has been through experimintation. Learn what each slider does and you'll be able to recognize when you need to us it. Also, do a google search for free Lightroom presets. I have installed several of them as well as making my own.:beer:

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
i also got put onto lightroom thanks to Powershiftz and i find it much easier to use, here is a pic that i edited with only having lightroom for a day.

cobraedit1.jpg

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
if you are doing photography pictures then try and take your pictures between 6-8:00pm. But this will vary as the seasons change. basically you want to take pictures during the golden hours which is right before sunset in the evening when the sun isn't so bright out. and in the early mornings.

In your pictures it looks like you took them maybe in the middle of the day? What settings were you using?

Users who are viewing this thread