Post The Little Touches on Your Mach1

Tlayson23

Established Member
Yep handpainted. Was pretty easy just don't let it sit in the sun for a few hours before you paint it lol shit gets hot. I love the bumper with the stripes kinda adds a little something. Oh I don't have any pics at the moment but I have the run pony in my trunk. I may go get some pics of it. No one notices because I barely remember it's there lol

Btw I love the idea of the flat black supports on the bumper

Thanks alot... i was just waxing the car looking it over and thought it might look good so i gave it a try and i'm happy with how it came out

SVT1994

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
pic of my car w/o honeycomb w/o black letters w/o black tail lights

Mach1008.jpg

w/ blacked out tails, w/ honeycomb panel, w/o black letters

machdec2010001.jpg

w/ blacked out tails, w/ honeycomb panel, w/ black letters

machdec2010002.jpg

Tlayson23

Established Member
Just a couple of small things like polished alternator, chrome electric water pump pulley, and one that rarely gets noticed, the polished upper intake manifold.

P1010030.jpg

I also replaced the rear tail lights with the 99/01 Cobra and the Ford emblem on the trunk illuminates (like indiglo blue) when I turn on the head lights. Sorry no picture of the emblem lit up.

I also polished my Kenny Brown Extreme Matrix SFC's as well as the aluminum driveshaft. No one knows it is done, but I do and that is all I need to know.

I also wired my line line lock activation to the cruise control off switch. Most people never know it is there. Same with the addition of the GT500 rearview mirror with the autodim.

and that looks absolutely sick, nice work

Tlayson23

Established Member
Anyone else besides f8lmach done anything unique with their shaker? I'm always lookin for something unique to do to my car and i feel like the shaker is missing something but i dnt know what it is

Tlayson23

Established Member
That ^ looks sweet... i did that on my old gt:

001.jpg

Gonna be at least painting the straps on the mach pretty soon, havent decided whether to paint the actual cover or just use tire shine on it after i wash it like i have been doing, and cant decide whether to go silver with the straps or color match em with the car like you did

clc44

Established Member
Color match ;)

Did your GT have aftermarket cams? Someone sold one on here not to long ago that was the same color.

smitty2919

Established Member
How difficult is it to get those straps off? If they get removed is the tank going to drop?

I'd love to do this but haven't investigated how to remove them or how they come off.

smitty2919

Established Member
Got ya, that's what I figured, but I never remember noticing how they were in there when changing exhaust etc.

Thanks, Now to drive till the gas is low and investigate this.

Tlayson23

Established Member
How difficult is it to get those straps off? If they get removed is the tank going to drop?

I'd love to do this but haven't investigated how to remove them or how they come off.

When i did painted the straps and cover on my GT i got 2 jacks and 2 blocks of wood... theres a small lip on the actual tank that sticks out past the cover on each side which i jacked the blocks of wood up under to hold the tank up (make sure you don't have much gas in the tank). This let me pull the cover and straps off at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread