Post your Cobra Pics!!!

Blown93Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 93deznutsblown
Blown93Cobra,

No I haven't is that what you use????
I drive my cobra almost everyday so that could get $$$$$$.:(
I guess I need to pony up and get that dyno tune and see what happens.If you are around 350rwh with 6 psi I should be at least
or close to 400rwh.

Do you have the stock cam in still? E-303 for me.

93deznutsblown,

I do not need to boost the octane since I am only running 6psi. When I go to 9psi I do plan to run more octane with some NOS silver octane booster or some 104 octane racing fuel mixed in. I don't drive my Cobra everyday so it won't be that expensive. Since you drive yours everyday you may want to pulley down to 6psi for everyday driving and if you are going to the track, go back to 8psi. Just a thought. At 6psi I run on 93 octane and have no detonation. :thumbsup:

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
Blown93Cobra,

Thats a good point on the 6 psi pulley. How difficult is it to change pullys? You need some special tools, don't you??:shrug:

thamks for the info.

Blown93Cobra

Established Member
Blown93Cobra,

Thats a good point on the 6 psi pulley. How difficult is it to change pullys? You need some special tools, don't you??:shrug:

thamks for the info.

93deznutsblown,

Yes you will need a pulley puller tool from Kenne Bell and the 6psi pulley. I can't remember how much they are but I don't think it is too bad. It is pretty simple with the correct tool. I am sure you already know, but here is a link to their site just in case.

http://www.kennebell.net/

:coolman:

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
Blown93Cobra,

I've got that one. With the bigger pulley what size belt do you need? Just in case you know that off hand.

I think I'm gonna do that 1st then the struts and shocks.
thanks again for the input.:burnout:

Blown93Cobra

Established Member
Blown93Cobra,

I've got that one. With the bigger pulley what size belt do you need? Just in case you know that off hand.

I think I'm gonna do that 1st then the struts and shocks.
thanks again for the input.:burnout:

93deznutsblown ,

Sorry, I can't remember the belt size. I am sure they can tell you at Kenne Bell. Good luck!

jleews6

Established Member
im going post another picture just to keep this going.:beer:

I never realized how many nice cars were on here.:coolman:

jleews6

Established Member
im going post another picture just to keep this going.:beer:

I never realized how many nice cars were on here.:coolman:

here is the front suspention on my car

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
blown93cobra-----

See thats strange, because I can't go over 5 degrees with 8 psi.
I have a 190 fuel pump, kenne-belle boosta-pump and 24 lbs injectors.I run 93 octane everyday in it but will ping at 6-7 degrees.

I

Hey man,
Have you replaced your timing chain or valve springs. That could help in your pinging issue. Before I changed those items I could not run over 10 degrees base on my 93.

jleews6

Established Member
93cobra2771 The engine compartment and undercarage have been repainted but the rest is factory.The car only has 7000 miles on it so it was easy to clean and paint.All the suspention parts and the rear axle are powdercoated and it has disc on the rear to.

My goal is to run mid nines this summer and get into a magazine.I know I have enough power I just need to get it togther and start tuning.

here are some more pics of my car now lets see more of everyone elses.:beer:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
OK, you tease us with a suspension and 3/4 shot, now how about a money shot of the (9 sec) engine? :D

A list of mods in the sig would be cool as well... :lol:

83gt5.0

Established Member
11419Cobra_015-med.jpg

jleews6

Established Member
93cobra2771 The motor just got here and its not in yet.I still have some polishing and chromming to do.The basic run down on the motor is .
96 cobra motor
forged h beam rods
JE 9:1 pistons
ARP main and head studs
heads by Total Engine airflow that flow well over 300 intake
ported and cut intake by T.E.A

The transmission is a JW powerglide

The turbo is going to be a pt76GTS with a liquid cooler

This setup should make an easy 800 hp and run well into the nines.I hope to have it done by april so I can make some true street events this year.If someone came along with some money I would sell it all and go buy a new cobra.This racecar stuff takes to much of my time.:beer:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Originally posted by jleews6
93cobra2771 The motor just got here and its not in yet.I still have some polishing and chromming to do.The basic run down on the motor is .
96 cobra motor
forged h beam rods
JE 9:1 pistons
ARP main and head studs
heads by Total Engine airflow that flow well over 300 intake
ported and cut intake by T.E.A

The transmission is a JW powerglide

The turbo is going to be a pt76GTS with a liquid cooler

This setup should make an easy 800 hp and run well into the nines.I hope to have it done by april so I can make some true street events this year.If someone came along with some money I would sell it all and go buy a new cobra.This racecar stuff takes to much of my time.:beer:

Are you in GA?

SRV1

Established Member
Originally posted by 83gt5.0
Keepin it alive.........

First off I want to say ALL of you have very clean cars, possibly the cleanest fox bodies ever.

Now with this photo. You said they look down on us for gas guzzling? On the right I do see a Camaro and the left it looks like a F150.....:??: hmmmm......

James:coolman:

83gt5.0

Established Member
On the right I do see a Camaro and the left it looks like a F150..... hmmmm......

Yeah, exactly my point! This was taken on base housing. :lol:

I think I will start taking pictures of some of the goofy cars they have here. I'll post them on a board somewhere on this site. There are some interesting ones.

Users who are viewing this thread