posted the cobra on craigslist

zincslowbra

Established Member
my buddy has a c6, my pullied cobra lays a smackdown and rides nicer of course being almost 700 lbs. heavier is a huge disadvantage to any vette w/bolt-ons. he actually says he wished his lookd more like a "muscle car", how bout dem apples!

NJredfire03

Established Member
The thought of selling my Cobra has never crossed my mind. If I wanted a different sports car, I'd just sacrifice everything and save for it, if that was possible of course.

DEMARCO313

Established Member
my buddy has a c6, my pullied cobra lays a smackdown and rides nicer of course being almost 700 lbs. heavier is a huge disadvantage to any vette w/bolt-ons. he actually says he wished his lookd more like a "muscle car", how bout dem apples!

It's a 400pd difference unless your a convertible. Sweet you were able to beat him with just the pulley :). Were you shocked? Was he mad lol? A lot of stuff does matter when it comes to those c6's and how they perform in stock trim. They very drastically.

Those ls2 auto Vette's are turds from the factory. A c5 z06 is faster than a c6 ls2 rather it's an auto or manual. The ls3 Vette's run MUCH better and than the ls2 turds lol.

1. Is your friends car a ls3 or ls2?
2. Is it an auto or manual?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
A vette isn't on my shortlist of cars I want to own in place of my '03: Viper GTS or Cayman S,

zincslowbra

Established Member
It's a 400pd difference unless your a convertible. Sweet you were able to beat him with just the pulley :). Were you shocked? Was he mad lol? A lot of stuff does matter when it comes to those c6's and how they perform in stock trim. They very drastically.

Those ls2 auto Vette's are turds from the factory. A c5 z06 is faster than a c6 ls2 rather it's an auto or manual. The ls3 Vette's run MUCH better and than the ls2 turds lol.

1. Is your friends car a ls3 or ls2?
2. Is it an auto or manual?

yes its an ls2 stick, a guy i work with has an ls3 wit bolt ons, ran an 11.88 at like 121, then he got a cam dyno'd 485rwhp and wiped a lifter so now its apart. my 03 weighs 3920 its a 600 lb difference and its not a zo6

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
vette schmette....i would NEVER get rid of my cobra...and certainly wouldnt do it for a vette. maybe if it was some brand new, supercharged, bad ass vette....but other than that...nah. it just seems like two vastly different breeds of people (cobra/vette people), and i just cant see myself over in the vette owners group, with all of the other old ass men. maybe in about another 30 years, when im in my mid 60's though lol.

LOL agreed!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I'd only sell my Cobra to get back into another Supra or a GTR.

DEMARCO313

Established Member
yes its an ls2 stick, a guy i work with has an ls3 wit bolt ons, ran an 11.88 at like 121, then he got a cam dyno'd 485rwhp and wiped a lifter so now its apart. my 03 weighs 3920 its a 600 lb difference and its not a zo6

o ok. Have you ran your buddies ls3 when he was bolt ons?

You're saying your Cobra is 3920 with nothing in it? Do you have a heavy stereo system or something in it to make it weigh that much? If not then I assume you mean race weight which is with you in the car right? Cobra's weigh about 3650 pds. The convertible is heavier but still doesn't weight 3920 :??:

In stock trim coming from the factory the Cobra weighs about 3650 and the ls2 Vette weighs about 3250 that's why I said 400 pound difference.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
If thats what you want to do more power to ya. Who cares, your the one that will be making the payments. On another note I have seen quite a few members here go from cobra to vette only to come right back ;-) Id love a C6 Z06 personally though. There tits! I wouldnt think of selling my cobra for anything less :nono:

svtaddict

Established Member
i posted mine up for sale here about a month and a half ago then delt with people telling me they would give me what i wanted for it if i fixed this and that minor things like needing fornt tires alignment exhaust leak and i fixed them and said screw it im keeping it now i priced it low to sell quick as is and now its tight again and i love it! corvettes are nice but im 32 and i feel like everytime i see a vette im expecting an old retired guy or a douche with a golf sweater over his shoulders hehe no offense vette owners but you know what im talking about

stal94gt

Established Member
We should just wait for the "I made a mistake" thread lol

lol, i have been kind of a dick seller at this point, quite a few guys have called and stopped by to see the car and i am extreamly honest so most people dont want a car that gets bad mpg. also i wont sell it to a kid mainly cause i dont feel it would be responsible on my part. i think deep down i am trying to keep the car.

zincslowbra

Established Member
o ok. Have you ran your buddies ls3 when he was bolt ons?

You're saying your Cobra is 3920 with nothing in it? Do you have a heavy stereo system or something in it to make it weigh that much? If not then I assume you mean race weight which is with you in the car right? Cobra's weigh about 3650 pds. The convertible is heavier but still doesn't weight 3920 :??:

In stock trim coming from the factory the Cobra weighs about 3650 and the ls2 Vette weighs about 3250 that's why I said 400 pound difference.

yea i gotcha bro, the book weight isnt always right tho, my 67' nova weighd (2850) but in the real world it weighd 3300 wit me and full tank....and yea my car wit slicks ran 11.88 @119 so its rt difference my weight difference is subframes basically and my wider rear rims might be a lil heavier of course thats me and full gas tank with spare and jack

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
you guys can hate and i dont have a problem with it. i have built mustangs since the late 90's and i am rounding the age to fit in with vette people. plus im young enough to shock people that i own a vette. to each their own. i have had fun with the cobra, but now i want a turn key sports car that i can pull out once a month to enjoy.

I went from a 97 Cobra to a 98 C5 and I'm back in a Cobra (the 03) I'll keep the 03 thank you kindly..

derockgt

Established Member
i would trade my cobra for this. GL OP try and hold out for the Z
1d9b0__mattred.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread