Chelo
Established Member
7a4b6f32.jpg

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do you mean the Dunlop that is priced at $860 each without shipping? I'm not spending almost $1,800 on two tires. The R888 will stick better as well. Being a weekend driver, the R888 (R compound) will last enough for me and two will cost about $740 shipped. Once they wear out, I can replace them, have better traction, and still be $300 ahead.

So, cost and traction.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Picked everything up this weekend and will post pics on Friday. Wrinkle red cam covers. Satin black fulltiltboogie air ducts as well.

breoland

Established Member
Do you mean the Dunlop that is priced at $860 each without shipping? I'm not spending almost $1,800 on two tires. The R888 will stick better as well. Being a weekend driver, the R888 (R compound) will last enough for me and two will cost about $740 shipped. Once they wear out, I can replace them, have better traction, and still be $300 ahead.

So, cost and traction.

let me know how much power you make and how well these tires work. im in the same boat as you and waiting to make a tire purchase. car is making roughly 725-750 to rear wheels
also if you needed an other mods t get them to fit properly

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Here are a few pics from today...sorry the lighting sucks...quick pics with the iPhone. I won't be installing anything for a couple of months though.

When I do the install, I will be using the bump stop relocation brackets and I have the FRPP bump stops. I already installed QA-1 rear shocks which don't have a dust cover. Finally, I'll have the metal brackets near the shocks removed.

I won't have near as much power as you (580) but the R888 is a track tire. The Dunlop simply isn't an R compound tire and I can't see it out performing the R888. Google and you'll see some cars putting down sick power using the R888.

Here are a few pics of the rims. I had the 9 inch Alcoa's widened to 11 3/4 with the welds smoothed. I'm using the 10" up front. Pics of the inside of the rim is the one that has been widened. I used WeldCraft. Not pictured is the unrepairable rim I was sold...that's sitting in the garage.

I have the FullTiltBoogie brake ducts and they come anodized which I'm not a fan of. I had them powdercoated satin black.

Finally, I bought a set of take off cam covers complete with engine tag. I had them shot with a basic wrinkle red.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Damn I love those red valve covers. I really would like to add color in my engine compartment. Umm what to do what to do....Red or go with the blu.....

Users who are viewing this thread