Powder coated Alcoa - finsihed

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Damn I love those red valve covers. I really would like to add color in my engine compartment. Umm what to do what to do....Red or go with the blu.....

I think red would look best with your color

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Take off black valve covers were only $100. Powder coating was maybe $75. You can try a couple colors and still be cheaper than a new set of blue FRPP covers. I wanted to do a silver wrinkle with a variant of a red candy on top but couldn't get the silver wrinkle base. Would have been cool to have a wrinkle candy color.

Last edited:

breoland

Established Member
Nice! I had mine done at weldcraft and had the welds smooth out. I do some highway miles with my car every once in awhile and was wondering how the r888 would do. hate to burn up a set because of the highway.
robertm with the superdnake is putting down similar power to mine if not more and he seems pretty happy with the dunlops. I have no idea what to do.

as for the cam covers i went with ford racing blue, stand out nice with my red gt500

wheelin

Established Member
Do you need to have the bump stop relocation bracket with only a 315? Or just trim it?

Here are a few pics from today...sorry the lighting sucks...quick pics with the iPhone. I won't be installing anything for a couple of months though.

When I do the install, I will be using the bump stop relocation brackets and I have the FRPP bump stops. I already installed QA-1 rear shocks which don't have a dust cover. Finally, I'll have the metal brackets near the shocks removed.

I won't have near as much power as you (580) but the R888 is a track tire. The Dunlop simply isn't an R compound tire and I can't see it out performing the R888. Google and you'll see some cars putting down sick power using the R888.

Here are a few pics of the rims. I had the 9 inch Alcoa's widened to 11 3/4 with the welds smoothed. I'm using the 10" up front. Pics of the inside of the rim is the one that has been widened. I used WeldCraft. Not pictured is the unrepairable rim I was sold...that's sitting in the garage.

I have the FullTiltBoogie brake ducts and they come anodized which I'm not a fan of. I had them powdercoated satin black.

Finally, I bought a set of take off cam covers complete with engine tag. I had them shot with a basic wrinkle red.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here are a few pics from today...sorry the lighting sucks...quick pics with the iPhone. I won't be installing anything for a couple of months though.

When I do the install, I will be using the bump stop relocation brackets and I have the FRPP bump stops. I already installed QA-1 rear shocks which don't have a dust cover. Finally, I'll have the metal brackets near the shocks removed.

I won't have near as much power as you (580) but the R888 is a track tire. The Dunlop simply isn't an R compound tire and I can't see it out performing the R888. Google and you'll see some cars putting down sick power using the R888.

Here are a few pics of the rims. I had the 9 inch Alcoa's widened to 11 3/4 with the welds smoothed. I'm using the 10" up front. Pics of the inside of the rim is the one that has been widened. I used WeldCraft. Not pictured is the unrepairable rim I was sold...that's sitting in the garage.

I have the FullTiltBoogie brake ducts and they come anodized which I'm not a fan of. I had them powdercoated satin black.

Finally, I bought a set of take off cam covers complete with engine tag. I had them shot with a basic wrinkle red.

NICE!!

ALL of it!!

R

Snake82

Established Member
7a4b6f32.jpg

Snake500... was this pic taken at Carlisle All Fords by any chance??

Users who are viewing this thread