Powdercoat code that matches screaming yellow

twisted03snake

Established Member
Ok fellas, I’m looking at getting some valve covers and few other pieces powdercoated yellow. Does anybody here have a powder code that matches screaming yellow? Or does anybody have contact info to a place that may?! Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is doubtful you're going to find a powder coat to exactly match Screaming Yellow, if that's what you're trying to do. Unlike liquid paint, powder coating cannot be tinted or altered to match your car's paint. You should be able to find a powder coat that comes close. If you're going to have those parts powder coated locally, do you have a sample of Screaming Yellow that you can take to the shop and ask them to match it as best they can? I see in your Signature that you have a Competition Orange Cobra so it looks like you don't have a Screaming Yellow car.

twisted03snake

Established Member
A close match is fine... the local shop is wanting to order samples and charge me for each one so I was hoping someone could point me toward the right color. I had a Comp Orange. Haven’t updated my signature in quite a while.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Your best bet is going to be going by the shop and looking at sample chips. That's what I had to do for my zinc yellow 01.

twisted03snake

Established Member
Another forum was discussing your very question. Someone said RAL-1021 was very close to Screaming Yellow. I can't confirm it, but you can query your powder coater. Here is the RAL-1021.
Prismatic Powders - RAL 1021

I was literally just reading that Bob! Thank you! I’m going to order some and see what happens!!! Thanks again svtp!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey, show us the installed powder coated pieces when they done/installed. :)

GodStang

Established Member
Ya I was going to say head over to Prismaticpowders.com and head to their gallery and just look at the pics of yellow they have. I buy all my powder from them and they are fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread