Power adder 1/4 mile times and trap speeds........

dennisn

Established Member
Looking for times with the different setups. Was originally planning on hellion twins but not sure if I can swallow the almost 10,000 for the proper setup. (I already have fuel system and injectors)

What kind of times are people running along with trap speeds....... I know bmr is into the eights with the tvs but that's a built motor and underdrive etc...... I have a Paxton off my 13 that's not even 6 months old I could put on the new one but would like to know what to expect. I see some have the whipples and tvs's. Anyone actually got them out to the track yet and if so what kind of times. I'm not as concerned with hp numbers as I am with 1/4 times and trap speeds.

Thanks in advance,

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I had a VMP TVS kit on my auto 15, went 10.5's at 134 on 20" wheels and pump gas. I recently sold that kit and bought a Hellion twin turbo kit, installing next week. You can get a Hellion twin kit for under $8000 if you know the right people. You'll find a lot more info over on M6G, and almost all of the fast setups are tuned by Ken Bjonnes. He has several Whipple customers going 9's in the mid 140's as well as several TVS and Hellion customers putting down great times. Good Luck!

Looking for times with the different setups. Was originally planning on hellion twins but not sure if I can swallow the almost 10,000 for the proper setup. (I already have fuel system and injectors)

What kind of times are people running along with trap speeds....... I know bmr is into the eights with the tvs but that's a built motor and underdrive etc...... I have a Paxton off my 13 that's not even 6 months old I could put on the new one but would like to know what to expect. I see some have the whipples and tvs's. Anyone actually got them out to the track yet and if so what kind of times. I'm not as concerned with hp numbers as I am with 1/4 times and trap speeds.

Thanks in advance,

demas

Established Member
I had a VMP TVS kit on my auto 15, went 10.5's at 134 on 20" wheels and pump gas. I recently sold that kit and bought a Hellion twin turbo kit, installing next week. You can get a Hellion twin kit for under $8000 if you know the right people. You'll find a lot more info over on M6G, and almost all of the fast setups are tuned by Ken Bjonnes. He has several Whipple customers going 9's in the mid 140's as well as several TVS and Hellion customers putting down great times. Good Luck!

Which tires did you have in this run man?

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
My Paxton has impressed me time and time again...

10.7@130 out of the box on 7psi and stock exhaust on 93 tuned by the Magicians at Lund
10.5@134 with headers added and JLT intake so 9psi on 93 same tuner
10.3@139 with 11.6PSI and a wastegate I built tuned by Lund

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
My full weight, premium auto car went 10.51 @ 132 with a TVS at 9.5lbs on 93/Torco (no fats/skinnies, no weight reduction everything in place)

Same car at 11lbs (added opgs before doing this) with race gas went 10.31 @ 133

Now at 15lbs (Aluminator 11:1) with fats/skinnies on E85 it has been 6.20 @ 113 (1.41). I'll run the 1/4 soon. It equates to a 9.6 @ 142-143.

Still full weight except wheels /tires, all factory Ford suspension, stock driveshaft, stock 6R80, stock converter, sway bar on up front, all plastics, everything and 6 rib (never had belt issues if any kind).

What a great car and power adder. Part throttle response is just effortless. Wide open is stupid.

Last edited:

chevpwr

Established Member
Here is mine at 15psi shutting down 900 feet out. I'm car 313. Mods are in my sig.

TfIRQL.png

mhyjek

Established Member
Here is mine at 15psi shutting down 900 feet out. I'm car 313. Mods are in my sig.

TfIRQL.png
Your 60 and 1/8 dont really support your 900ft claims your slip suggests you had your right foot through the floor board!

chevpwr

Established Member
What do you mean? Most turbo/supercharged cars pick up 30+mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4 it would have been a 144+mph pass and a 9.8X.
The guy beside me that I was racing was a motorcycle.

Here is a slip from last year at 600whp and 10.66@130mph. I'm car 140.
The slip on the left was 540ish whp and hitting the breaks.

dQQvZx.jpg

Last edited:

Evan Christy

Established Member
I am looking to buy a S550 would it be possible to run in the 10's with just a KB or a procharger with out getting crazy with the mods

Users who are viewing this thread