Power Loss - Continued!

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
As a refresher, I took my GT500 into a shop for a new tune and so they could fix up my O2 sensor problem. When they finally finished up the tune they said it should be making 30 more HP but it just won't.

Now it's to the point where I doubt its even making 400rwhp. This is killing me and I need to figure it out.

So far what I have done is verify that the IAT's are OK and the cooling system is working as it should.

Are the programs in the SCT tuner for datalogging provided by the tuner shop or sct? My tuner doesnt have an option for the gt500 and I cant get the setup for the 5.0 manual mustang to return any data on the O2 sensor voltage. I was going to use that as a way of seeing if my catalytic converters are clogged up.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Van, I will give you a call tomorrow. Have to step out the door at the moment. Thanks

frydguy79

Established Member
i had the same problem with a guys car, turned out his jba cats came loose and plugged up the xpipe.... took blew a rod

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Van is great guy and he will help you through it, I spoke with him today and he gave me a lot of good advise and some things that need attention.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
yes it did.... too much back pressure??

Thats nuts!

I did some datalogging just now and think I eliminated the cats as a problem.

According to my SCT the spark advance throughout my second gear pull only ranged from 12-15. My IAT's on my second pull remained a constant 136 and this was after I had just cruised at 50mph or so for a couple miles. I have an AFCO Dual fan heat exchanger and enlarged reservoir. What temps should I be seeing and what spark advance?

fullboogie

Established Member
The ignition advance seems a bit low compared to what I've seen, but I don't know if that would be your problem. What does a/f look like?

The SCT datalogging software is free from SCT - and your tuner should know that.

Users who are viewing this thread