Power windows less than reliable.

crazyhorse89

Established Member
Go figure it's 80 out today and after work go get in the car and go to roll down the windows and drivers side don't move. Get home figured it's prolly the switch so I swap the 2 right there and same result Call Ford, $153 they can keep it. Anybody have a window motor or know where to get one cheaper?:bash:

yuke175

Established Member
Sometimes my window doesnt go up, if I hold the button and slam the door shut at the time it goes right up... just something to try

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
It happens to some new edge cars if you park your door in direct sunlight and it gets real hot. It will work once it cools down inside the door.

crazyhorse89

Established Member
Oh I still love it but it's like really? At least it went back up after backing out the driveway this morning while it was raining. Damn tinted windows. It didn't wanna roll down sometimes but hit the button a few times and it'd work just fine. Called some of my grandpa's buddies at Napa and said i'll have one tomorrow for $53. Just aggravating, trying to order lowering springs and what not ya know. :nonono:

jdgt03

Established Member
I had an 03 Gt that you would have to hit the center of the door for the motor to kick in every once in awhile, i lived with it for years. Just a bad spot on the motor. Seems to be common on 99-04.

crazyhorse89

Established Member
I had an 03 Gt that you would have to hit the center of the door for the motor to kick in every once in awhile, i lived with it for years. Just a bad spot on the motor. Seems to be common on 99-04.

Yea I hear ya there I put it off all winter. Like the car:beer:

da2k17

Established Member
a good whack right by the inside handle always fixes my issue. every once in a while it wont move :shrug:

SBVERT03

Established Member
i pray mine doesnt develop any problems with the window motors. its just such an annoying problem, and i dealt with that enough with my old 01 camaro z28. now those cars have major window motor problems!

crazyhorse89

Established Member
Well changed the motor out this afternoon. Took me longer to put the door panel back on than it did to do the rest of the job. Now off to put the new head unit in and order my lowering springs and CC plates next week

rdrunnr

Click Click Racing
Established Member
I am going through this now with my 03. The driver's side window sometimes won't work. When it doesn't, you hear something clicking when you hit the switch. Is this just a bad motor?

Users who are viewing this thread