Powerlease Guys--buy Your Shelby At MSRP Or LESS!!!!!

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
My best friend, Jon (Mach 1) has landed a position at a great Dealership in California, they will do MSRP OR LESS!!!!!!!! He has been brought in to try to sign up as many Powerlease Option guys as possible......Their goal is to process more Powerlease guys than anyone else in the Country....they will deal to get your orders, believe me......

email [email protected]
cell 562-843-2927

03snakerush

Established Member
outright purchases...

By any chance would your friend be willing to do any purchases at m.s.r.p. and if so- you sure it's ok to contact his cell number you provided? Thanks.
Steve

Mach1Fun

Established Member
PowerLessors: Get Your GT500 BELOW MSRP.

Hello Fellow Mustangers...

Thanks to my P.O.'d friend 1993CobraMustang (Sandy) for starting this thread. All PowerLeasers should thank him - he has been the bug in SVT's (and Team Mustang, Hau-Tai Tang, Bill Ford, etc.) backside for almost 2 years. Ever since they failed to mail our Options in July of 2004. And now that the options are coming in, dealerships are charging you guys for the 'privilege' of giving you your GT500. I've heard of offers of $10K or more over MSRP - What a deal!

In 2003/2004, I sold over 25 Mach 1s, when dealers were still waiting for their 5th or 6th cars. I want to be the one to sell the most 2007 GT500s, as well.

I have worked as a salesman, then a sales manager (and always the SVT rep) at an Orange County (SoCal) dealership for several years. I left a year ago to pursue other interests, but kept in touch, bringing in customers and brokering deals several times a month - as well as collecting large donations from them for my Mustang Club's car shows. I recently came back to work on some projects and secured a delivery point for my scheduled GT500....

Today I explained to the dealership owners about the PowerLease Options, and that we should work to get an many Leassors on board as we can - both to deliver vehicles, and to offer firm pricing to those selling their Options, so they can themselves offer a tangible deal to their buyers. They understand, and have authorized me to make any deal I want to. If you hold an Option, you will pay less than MSRP. Considerably less. if you want to sell your Option, you now have the ability to offer the buyer of your Option a firm price (I saw a guy on eBay selling his place in line - but said nothing about what the dealer was going to sell the GT500 for). Selling your Option is just selling 'a place in line' if you do not have a promise from a reputable dealer.

Yes, my dealership will make some money. But we are going for quantity - not for overcharging you for the privilege of giving you YOUR GT500. Indeed, it is my privilege to deliver it to you.

And to answer the questions that are bound to come:

Can I have one of yours at MSRP?
No, the dealer will not sell his own allotments at MSRP. No one is. ($20k over is common right now, and we will be listing our first GT500 - a black Convertible - on eBay next week).

I live out of state - how about taxes/shipping?
Taxes: We can waive California sales taxes if the vehicle is shipped out of state/country (Bill of Lading needed), or delivered at the state line.
Shipping: We'll help arrage it, or load it on your truck. It may cost you some to ship, but if you are saving money, why not?

Discount Programs: "I have A/D/X/Z-Plan, how much?"
A-Plan? I am pretty sure Ford did not offer A-Plan when the 2003 Cobra came out, and they do not need to offer the incentive here, either. But if Ford offers A Plan, and you have an Option - bring it on! X-plan? Don't think it will be available on this car, but if so...call me. If you have an Option, email or call me and let's make you (or your Option buyer) a happy customer. No games, no drama, no closers...

A little about me. I started selling Fords because I was a Mustang nut, and the Dealership saw value in that. I was the one guy on the lot (that you never get) who actually knows about the cars he sells. I was the first in the dealership's 35 year history to become Master Certified in sales. I run one of the Nation's largest Mustang Clubs (bcmc.net) and am also an SVTOA Chapter Director.
I was able to sell some of the first 25 2003 Mach 1s built, and even walked along side mine taking photos as it went down the line at DAP. All 25+ Machs that I sold were delivered in wrappers and with no license plate holes drilled (nothing like seeing that on the lot, huh?). We'll even leave the railroad dust on it if you ask...

Maybe a long post, but just wanted to let you all know that you'll be buying your GT500 from a fellow owner and enthusiast. Feel free to contact me.

Jon Schultz
mach1fun
President, Beach Cities Mustang Club
Director, SVTOA LA/OC
[email protected]
cel: 562 843-2927 (PST)

PS: I saw something about posts from 'non-supporting' members. This is why I did not mention the dealership name. Please let me how I can provide support, and we'll be happy to do so.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
Do a little more research on your shipping. You can't waive taxes. The buyer will have to pay applicable sales tax at time of registration in his state or if California is a communicable tax state you will collect it at the time of sale.

John (Ships Saleens from his Ford store out of state)

Mach1Fun

Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
Do a little more research on your shipping. You can't waive taxes. The buyer will have to pay applicable sales tax at time of registration in his state or if California is a communicable tax state you will collect it at the time of sale.

John (Ships Saleens from his Ford store out of state)

Please check your research. Also, please watch your misquotes. I did not say we would "waive taxes". I said waive California taxes. We can absolutely waive California State taxes when a vehicle is shipped/delivered out of state. Yes, the buyer of course pays their local taxes/fees. And in most cases, these taxes/fees are much less than California's rates.

Thanks for trying to keep it straight, and for not flaming which I am finding kind of common here. What store do you work at?

Take care
Jon
mach1fun

bullittman

Established Member
Kudos Jon ! I think that should help a few lease holders or at least give people something to count on in this crazy time. The only thing I would dispute would be the "All " dealers selling at ADM. The MSRP dealers are surely in the minority. I have one of those at MSRP.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
Jon,
My shipper takes Saleens anywhere in the country, covered, for 1800 or less, insured. That is a worst case scenario(florida to washington state btw)

03snakerush

Established Member
Jon- Thanks for the reply. I will never pay anything more than m.s.r.p. for the GT500, which may in fact exclude me from one altogether. Thats ok. If you get to the point where this b*llshit hype dies down and need to sell one at m.s.r.p. I will absolutely buy one. Even if it's an 2008 production run/model. I know people are acting like they're under the influence of narcotics when you simply say "Shelby", but in reality, this car is a Mustang. A Mustang with a much better engine than stock and a few other improvements, but other than badging and hype- come on. Thanks for the info, and take care! :beer:

GTWill

Established Member
03snakerush said:
Jon- Thanks for the reply. I will never pay anything more than m.s.r.p. for the GT500, which may in fact exclude me from one altogether. Thats ok. If you get to the point where this b*llshit hype dies down and need to sell one at m.s.r.p. I will absolutely buy one. Even if it's an 2008 production run/model. I know people are acting like they're under the influence of narcotics when you simply say "Shelby", but in reality, this car is a Mustang. A Mustang with a much better engine than stock and a few other improvements, but other than badging and hype- come on. Thanks for the info, and take care! :beer:
I'm with you. You can either go with the hype and pay the $20k over msrp as some would suggest or believe Ford "we will build as many as there is demand for". The hype is from self serving people that have something to gain.

Mach1Fun

Established Member
GTWill said:
I'm with you. You can either go with the hype and pay the $20k over msrp as some would suggest or believe Ford "we will build as many as there is demand for". The hype is from self serving people that have something to gain.
'

Another Misquote. What was said was "we will build as many as we have orders for". Only thing, is that it is the factory that says how many the dealerships are allowed to order. So, when the factory feeds dealerships 2-4 Shelbys into the dealer's order system, yes, they will build as many as they have orders for. A dealer can not just 'order' as many as it wants and hope to get them. So, the head of the Mustang Program (Tang) misspoke when he said that.

Hey, why don't you guys bash on the people here who took advantage of Ford dealers by getting an agreement to sell at MSRP before the dealers understood how hot the program would be?

There are a bunch of haters in here, whining about the people who come in to a PowerLease topic forum and discuss the PowerLease Options. What the hell? You guys have no life? If you do not have an Option, nor desire one, why are you posting here - let alone hating, flaming and spewing?

Unbelievable.
Jon
mach1fun

03snakerush

Established Member
Have a nice day salesman. By the way, I see you're new here- calm the f*ck down. There are no "haters" in here. Just adults asking questions and stating personal opinions. :shrug:

Last edited:

RossSVT

Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
Jon,
My shipper takes Saleens anywhere in the country, covered, for 1800 or less, insured. That is a worst case scenario(florida to washington state btw)

Send me a PM on your shipper. I'm looking to ship a 95R from the West Coast to the East Coast.

GTWill

Established Member
Mach1Fun said:
'

Another Misquote. What was said was "we will build as many as we have orders for". Only thing, is that it is the factory that says how many the dealerships are allowed to order. So, when the factory feeds dealerships 2-4 Shelbys into the dealer's order system, yes, they will build as many as they have orders for. A dealer can not just 'order' as many as it wants and hope to get them. So, the head of the Mustang Program (Tang) misspoke when he said that.

Hey, why don't you guys bash on the people here who took advantage of Ford dealers by getting an agreement to sell at MSRP before the dealers understood how hot the program would be?

There are a bunch of haters in here, whining about the people who come in to a PowerLease topic forum and discuss the PowerLease Options. What the hell? You guys have no life? If you do not have an Option, nor desire one, why are you posting here - let alone hating, flaming and spewing?

Unbelievable.
Jon
mach1fun
Yes unbelievable http://www.fastcoolcars.com/2006-2007_shelby_cobra.htm The quote was "it (Ford) will build all the 500's drivers demand". You can spin that anyway you want. "Tang misspoke" wow you must know something noone else does. For the record I have no problem with buying or selling powerlease options for whatever they're worth. It's your tactics that stink.

drmustang

Banned
Mach1Fun said:
'

Unbelievable.
Jon
mach1fun

Exactly how is a buyer who agrees to the MSRP taking advantage of the respective dealer?

Mach1Fun

Established Member
03snakerush said:
calm the f*ck down. There are no "haters" in here. Just adults asking questions and stating personal opinions. :shrug:

Ok, hater. Actually, I just see a bunch of people off topic in a Fourm thread for PowerLease Option holders, bashing those people. :wf:

Mach1Fun

Established Member
drmustang said:
Exactly how is a buyer who agrees to the MSRP taking advantage of the respective dealer?

Quit misquoting me. That is like the second time. Deals for MSRP before the dealer knew about the Shelby program and the value of the vehicle. That is taking advantage. Much worse than a dealer charging a markup over a suggested price from the factory.

Damn, you are the most negative, off topic, whining poster I have seen in all the boards I've been on. Go ahead and have the last word now, because I am done with you.

Jon
mach1fun

Mach1Fun

Established Member
GTWill said:
Yes unbelievable http://www.fastcoolcars.com/2006-2007_shelby_cobra.htm The quote was "it (Ford) will build all the 500's drivers demand". You can spin that anyway you want. "Tang misspoke" wow you must know something noone else does. For the record I have no problem with buying or selling powerlease options for whatever they're worth. It's your tactics that stink.

Thanks for the non-flaming reply. I am not putting spin on anything. What I do 'know' is that no matter how Ford reps say it, the factory will only build as many as they have orders for. And there will only be as many orders as the FoMoCo feeds into its dealer's computer ordering systems. They said they will 'feed' 7000 this year. Of course, if that number goes up, everyone will complain about that, too.

Take care
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread