Powerlease Guys--buy Your Shelby At MSRP Or LESS!!!!!

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
So many red flags bother me about this post I almost had to reach up from the keyboard and close my own mouth; but rather than engaging a professional salesman I'll point out two things and give some basic advice.

1. "If you hold an Option, you will pay less than MSRP. Considerably less."
2. "No, the dealer will not sell his own allotments at MSRP. No one is. ($20k over is common right now, and we will be listing our first GT500 - a black Convertible - on eBay next week)"

Now ask yourself- and i'm not bagging on Jon because ALL dealers and all brands do it- but why would a dealership lease you a car for a cost below MSRP but not actually be willing to SELL the same car at or even a little above MSRP? Worse yet, it's on a model they could easily sell for a "nominal" markup- say $5k.

Just do yourself a flavor- know what you're doing before you sign. Google around and get some info on how leases really work, why dealers like them, ect.. and popping $50 for software like Lease Wizard or Expert Lease Pro (or ELP lite, or any of the variants or spreadsheets- i'm not recommending these products, just giving you something to start a search term with ;) isn't a bad idea eather. They help clarify your perspective and that of the dealer- and avoid any, um, "misunderstandings". Some even give you a free 800 number- call 'em right in front of the dealership staff and read off the numbers and see what comes back at ya...

bullittman

Established Member
Mach1Fun said:
Deals for MSRP before the dealer knew about the Shelby program and the value of the vehicle. That is taking advantage. Much worse than a dealer charging a markup over a suggested price from the factory.

Jon
mach1fun

Jon, just to go off topic a little longer...... I support your original intention,and your comments about the free market system are correct but you might want to just step back a bit and look at the group your talking with. As a fellow enthusiast I'm sure you can understand that, rightly or wrongly SVT people have strong emotions and ties to our vehicles. I think we come to view them possesively and when you look forward and wait so long we lash out....It's probably not even rational. As to the MSRP deals. I did my homework and was fortunate. I will do my D---#$T to help this dealer every way I can as a reward for that. I'm also not going to beat up or badmouth other dealers who do different, because as you say that is the system we have. :beer:

OK Back to topic ;-)

Last edited:

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
fairport, ny....i use to go to thirsty's, lose my money at golden tee and hope to god Uncle Ralph was there for a rib cook out.....

03snakerush

Established Member
Mach1Fun said:
Ok, hater. Actually, I just see a bunch of people off topic in a Fourm thread for PowerLease Option holders, bashing those people. :wf:

There is no need to start this "hater" moniker thing. The only thing I "hate" is people who claim to own cars that aren't even in their possesion yet. Oh...kind of like your 2007 GT500 in your car list.... :loser:

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Doesn't work like that. Sorry.

Yes it does. Just gotta shop around. I was able to get A-plan on my 03 in late 02, but opted to wait until I saw a sweet DSG 'vert.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
Now I normally don't get into discussions like this but I couldn't help but notice this load of BS...

Mach1Fun said:
Deals for MSRP before the dealer knew about the Shelby program and the value of the vehicle. That is taking advantage. Much worse than a dealer charging a markup over a suggested price from the factory.

How is paying "sticker" for a car taking advantage of a dealership? It's a big laugh that you say it's "worse than a dealer charging a markup" when all that is price gauging. Dealerships like you guys (or stealerships more or less) will take the customer for all he can when he buys the car on your "additonal markup" stickers. People that pay ANYTHING over MSRP are just fools and are dumb enough to know better.

I surely hope you sell all the cars you get... because if you don't you'll have a repeat of the 03 fiasco and you'll have cars sitting on the lot for six or seven months and practically give them away. How else would you explain how I got my brand new 10th Anniversary Convertible for a good seven or eight grand off sticker price. Go ahead and tell me I "took advantage" of the dealership... the sales manager sure was happy that day because at the end of the month he didn't have to pay taxes on a car that had already sat there for seven months with hardly any "real" lookers.

Just my .02 e-cents... your mileage may vary :D

Shannon

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
if you read about dealer profit margins in the last 1 or 2 you would fully understand why they have to make money when they can.

bubbrubb

FOURCED said:
Now I normally don't get into discussions like this but I couldn't help but notice this load of BS...

How is paying "sticker" for a car taking advantage of a dealership? It's a big laugh that you say it's "worse than a dealer charging a markup" when all that is price gauging. Dealerships like you guys (or stealerships more or less) will take the customer for all he can when he buys the car on your "additonal markup" stickers. People that pay ANYTHING over MSRP are just fools and are dumb enough to know better.

I surely hope you sell all the cars you get... because if you don't you'll have a repeat of the 03 fiasco and you'll have cars sitting on the lot for six or seven months and practically give them away. How else would you explain how I got my brand new 10th Anniversary Convertible for a good seven or eight grand off sticker price. Go ahead and tell me I "took advantage" of the dealership... the sales manager sure was happy that day because at the end of the month he didn't have to pay taxes on a car that had already sat there for seven months with hardly any "real" lookers.

Just my .02 e-cents... your mileage may vary :D

Shannon

+1 billion

now this goes out mainly to Mach1Fun, since he seems to be the one shaking the bee hive, so to speak.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but whos fault is it for not knowing their product? Am I at fault for being an overly educated consumer? Hell no! How in the hell can so many people forget what MSRP actually stands for these days? I am getting an 07 gt500 at msrp, and I practically had to push the dealer to get on the ball. Granted, I really really wanted to get an 03/04 this summer anyway, and I found myself looking into the successor as well. Its only logical. And now I'm a slight fanatic about the GT500 and svt in general, and fairly knowledgable about the GT500. I find it rather pathetic that a salesman on comes onto an internet forum trying to tell everybody how wrong they are about everything (gross exaggeration, don't take it to the grave with you).

Oh, yeah, and I printed out and brought in the damn order form into my dealership back on march 13th. They had no idea. .. pathetic. I consider that for all the work I've done to make this go through, paying msrp is rather generous. I realize that not all dealers are that slow to catch on to the gt500 hype, and that it was just a personal experience, but the one thing that takes away from this cars release is all of the crap that people speculate and say (especially about the one thing that will really affect most of us: the price)

Users who are viewing this thread