Powerlease Option For Sale

Mach1Fun

Established Member
drmustang said:
Look at the bid histories on the ones with big #s. A bunch of guys with no track record out bidding themselves to raise the price. Be carefull what you believe. There are more scams and dirty tricks on Ebay than you can imagine.

The high bids on these "options" range from 570-15,100. What does that tell you?

With all respect to a fellow(?) eBay expert: Just how many transactions have you done on eBay? How many scams are there on eBay? How are you sure these guys are outbidding themselves? I have over 6500 transactions, and looking, I do not see any evidence of your accusations. The price differences could simply be that some Options have been listed longer than others, or that the ones for $15,000 come with a promise of less-than-MSRP pricing.

Tell me a 'dirty trick' from eBay, please. I will look out for them in the future. Also, have you ever tried to open a second (unrelated) account on eBay? Not that easy. Lastly, can you tell us all the percentage of unsatisfied customer trasactions overall on eBay.com? (A: less than .01 percent).

I do see that you continue to attack :bash: , flame :burn: , spew :xpl: , and overall discount the existence and validity of the Ford SVT PowerLease 'Option', when there is clear and concise proof that it is a real program. If you indeed have an eBay account, feel free to bid on the June 2003 PowerLease brochure that I carry in my eBay Store.

Do you ever post anything that is not a flame? Why are you so angry? Why do you have to try to throw someone under the bus who has long tried to help other SVT owners get thier Options? Geez. Can someone tell me if this kind of posting is common on this site?

Jon

drmustang

Banned
Mach1Fun sees his friends option as the equivalent of "GOLD". There is a serious flaw in his thinking/solicitation. This assumes that virtually all GT500 buyers will allow themselves to be manipulated into paying 60 grand or more for the car. Is this likely to happen?
This complicated scenario would require you to negotiate a price with an option seller and then find yourself negotiating yet another price with a Ford Dealer. Does this make any sense?

How about this option as an alternative. Pay nothing for a privaledge or a promise: make your own deal on your terms and at a price that you are comfortable with.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Having been in the car business with a HOT product, I can tell ya that the dealers are not going to part with their 3-4 Shelby's cheaply. That's 3 to 4 cars for the ENTIRE year! Not 50 to 100 GT's mind you. You can bet that these cars will command top dollar due to limited availability. The dealer will likely give someone with a Powerlease option a car BELOW MSRP because it doesn't count against that 3 or 4 car allotment. This PL Option's gonna make somebody happy for sure. Those who can't conceptialize this, shouldn't buy a Shelby anyway I guess.

CaDDy

Banned
1993cobramustan said:
I Am Selling My Powerlease Option. I Should Have Option First Part Of Week.......Options Can Be Transferred Only Once....I Have One agreement With My Local Dealer To order car at MSRP......I Am Also Working With 2 Other Dealers To Get Pricing Below MSRP.....please PM If You Are Interested....I Have Not Set Pricing And Won't Until I See If Powerlease Cars Will Be Early Delivery......You Can Submit An Offer, Or I Will Get Back To You When I Receive The Option Packet For Details on Transfer (SVT will be handling transfer of options and will issue transferee a new Option to take to dealer for order placement....

Would you be able to buy a GT500 with Powerlease option or only lease it?

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
I just have to say that car clubs and sites tend to be a brotherhood with people helping each other not trying to make a huge profit from one of their fellow members.

Personally I think this topic should be banned because it's against everything SVT-P and car clubs in general stand for.

Lucky you, you have an option to buy so IMHO use it or loose it or sell it elsewhere but how dare you try to take advantage of your fellow SVTP Members.

I personally have given things for free or dirt cheap to fellow members.

Why - because they are always there to help, to pitch in to change a broken 1/2 shaft , help find a part # for a replace FPRS or anything else you can imagine.

If you want to make $100 and give someone a good deal because they are a fellow member then post here, otherwise you do not deserve to be a member of this site.

Three Cobras

Established Member
NJCobra -
Sounds reasonable to give away something that cost you little. But in the case of Powerlease, we've been paying lease payments for two years to get this option. It was not free. I traded in a paid-off 01 Cobra to get the Powerlease car. Why should I give away something I or others paid many thousand dollars for? I'll share anything I learn with this group as I've learned from them as well. I'm buying the car with the option. If I weren't I wouldn't be rich enough to give it away as well as have to suck it up and continue to pay on my '04, that's for sure. I'd take any money I made on the sale of the Powerlease option to pay off some of the outstanding balance on my '04 Cobra and keep it. Unless, of course, you'd want to donate some big money so I could keep the '04. Probably not. I'll bet.
Get all the facts before the flame.

Last edited:

NJCOBRA10thA

Established Member
I most certainly did not flame, but you do not deserve to be a member with that attitude.

You Paid NOTHING for the option, well I am sorry you leased a car so you paid for a car and got the option for free.

Go to ebay where you will find plenty of people to take advantage of.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
i will have at least 2 or 3 shelby's here, but i dont think i would post them on svtp for over msrp and expect a warm reception :D

Mach1Fun

Established Member
NJCOBRA10thA said:
I just have to say that car clubs and sites tend to be a brotherhood with people helping each other not trying to make a huge profit from one of their fellow members.

Personally I think this topic should be banned because it's against everything SVT-P and car clubs in general stand for.

Lucky you, you have an option to buy so IMHO use it or loose it or sell it elsewhere but how dare you try to take advantage of your fellow SVTP Members.

I personally have given things for free or dirt cheap to fellow members.

Why - because they are always there to help, to pitch in to change a broken 1/2 shaft , help find a part # for a replace FPRS or anything else you can imagine.

If you want to make $100 and give someone a good deal because they are a fellow member then post here, otherwise you do not deserve to be a member of this site.

So, if I needed a car... Or REALLY wanted one JUST like yours, would you sell it to me for $100 - a good deal because I am a fellow member here? It is the exact same thing. Right now, like it or not, GT500s are going for $20K+ over window sticker (yes, someone will post right after me and say they got one for MSRP, but won't tell the real reason why). If an Option holder wants to sell HIS for $20K, this only benefits the guy who really wants the car. The buyer, who would be paying $20k to the dealership anyway, now has the ability to 1) pay less than MSRP; 2) Pay taxes/registration on a $40k Shelby instead of a $60k Shelby; 3) Have lower registration fees for years to come and 4) get one of the very first ones built.
As far as $100, start the bidding on eBay at that, and you'll see what these Options are worth.
NJCobra, I respectfully say that it is you doing the members here a disservice buy encouraging them to look over this great, time/money saving option of buying one of these PowerLease Options. You can negotiate everything up front (at least with me you can) including price, warranties, trade, financing, etc.
These guys on the dealership lists paying $20-$40K over are in for some fun when the car finally comes in! The dealership is just getting started making a profit. You want this car? Well, your trade is looking kinda tired... And we could only get you the 2nd best interst rate. And only a 100% profit on the warranty... But wait: Nothing guarantees that they will even GET the car when it comes in. Someone sees the truck come in with a Shelby on it and offers $50K over - I know a LOT of dealerships that will (and have) taken that deal. Refund the deposit to make thousands more? or "sorry, your car did not come in". Happened a lot with the 2003 Cobra. You probably saw a lot of postings about it if you were a member here back then. And THIS car is twice as hot, appealing to SVT and Shelby fans.
With the PowerLease Option, that Shelby is built with YOUR name on it, not the dealerships. The dealer is just delivering it to you. Rarely does one get to hold the cards like this when buying a car.

Also, I run two clubs - one of them being one of the largest in the country. I would not expect a member to give me something something clearly vauled at over $20,000 for just $100. Nor would I give it away myself.

So, back to your Cobra. I have that $100... cash... whadda ya say?

Jon
Mach1Fun

Mach1Fun

Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
i will have at least 2 or 3 shelby's here, but i dont think i would post them on svtp for over msrp and expect a warm reception :D

Great news. My dealership would like to offer your delership MSRP on all three. That is a quick $130,000ish for you guys. Where do we send the check & the truck... haha.

Try to sell any other car on the lot at MSRP, and people have a stroke. Most cars are sold well below and buyers are still not happy (the best deals get the worst followup surveys). Get a car that is worth more than MSRP (and this one is), these same buyers cry that they can not buy it at MSRP. They believe that the dealer has no right to a profit. If the buyer had two, that same buyer would sell that car for a $50K profit in two seconds.

If you want a GT500 and have not ordered one yet, you better start talking really nice to Jackie here, or me, or your local dealer, or start bidding on eBay. Think you'll wait for a better deal? Maybe on a used one in a few years. This car is HOT and will likely hold its markup through the 2 year run.

Good luck, and happy bidding!

Jon
Mach1Fun

Mach1Fun

Established Member
I'll Take All Three....

Jackie Chan said:

Great news. My dealership would like to offer your delership MSRP on all three. That is a quick $130,000ish for you guys. Where do we send the check & the truck... haha.

Try to sell any other car on the lot at MSRP, and people have a stroke. Most cars are sold well below and buyers are still not happy (the best deals get the worst followup surveys). Get a car that is worth more than MSRP (and this one is), these same buyers cry that they can not buy it at MSRP. They believe that the dealer has no right to a profit. If the buyer had two, that same buyer would sell that car for a $50K profit in two seconds.

If you want a GT500 and have not ordered one yet, you better start talking really nice to Jackie here, or me, or your local dealer, or start bidding on eBay. Think you'll wait for a better deal? Maybe on a used one in a few years. This car is HOT and will likely hold its markup through the 2 year run.

Good luck, and happy bidding!

Jon
Mach1Fun

GTWill

Established Member
Mach1Fun said:
Right now, like it or not, GT500s are going for $20K+ over window sticker.....
These guys on the dealership lists paying $20-$40K over are in for some fun when the car finally comes in.......... Someone sees the truck come in with a Shelby on it and offers $50K over ......clearly vauled at over $20,000
I appreciate the explaination of the powerlease but all the B.S. hype about the price is getting old, salesman.

NJCOBRA10thA

Established Member
You should not take advantage of people on this site, but karma will get you in the end.

Not going to stoop to your level. Your response is incoherent.

The bottom line is you paid $0 for your option and want to sell it for $5,000 $10,000 or more. Good luck to you just do it somewhere the F^%$ else.

Mach1Fun said:
So, if I needed a car... Or REALLY wanted one JUST like yours, would you sell it to me for $100 - a good deal because I am a fellow member here? It is the exact same thing. Right now, like it or not, GT500s are going for $20K+ over window sticker (yes, someone will post right after me and say they got one for MSRP, but won't tell the real reason why). If an Option holder wants to sell HIS for $20K, this only benefits the guy who really wants the car. The buyer, who would be paying $20k to the dealership anyway, now has the ability to 1) pay less than MSRP; 2) Pay taxes/registration on a $40k Shelby instead of a $60k Shelby; 3) Have lower registration fees for years to come and 4) get one of the very first ones built.
As far as $100, start the bidding on eBay at that, and you'll see what these Options are worth.
NJCobra, I respectfully say that it is you doing the members here a disservice buy encouraging them to look over this great, time/money saving option of buying one of these PowerLease Options. You can negotiate everything up front (at least with me you can) including price, warranties, trade, financing, etc.
These guys on the dealership lists paying $20-$40K over are in for some fun when the car finally comes in! The dealership is just getting started making a profit. You want this car? Well, your trade is looking kinda tired... And we could only get you the 2nd best interst rate. And only a 100% profit on the warranty... But wait: Nothing guarantees that they will even GET the car when it comes in. Someone sees the truck come in with a Shelby on it and offers $50K over - I know a LOT of dealerships that will (and have) taken that deal. Refund the deposit to make thousands more? or "sorry, your car did not come in". Happened a lot with the 2003 Cobra. You probably saw a lot of postings about it if you were a member here back then. And THIS car is twice as hot, appealing to SVT and Shelby fans.
With the PowerLease Option, that Shelby is built with YOUR name on it, not the dealerships. The dealer is just delivering it to you. Rarely does one get to hold the cards like this when buying a car.

Also, I run two clubs - one of them being one of the largest in the country. I would not expect a member to give me something something clearly vauled at over $20,000 for just $100. Nor would I give it away myself.

So, back to your Cobra. I have that $100... cash... whadda ya say?

Jon
Mach1Fun

Mach1Fun

Established Member
NJCOBRA10thA said:
I most certainly did not flame, but you do not deserve to be a member with that attitude.

You Paid NOTHING for the option, well I am sorry you leased a car so you paid for a car and got the option for free.

Go to ebay where you will find plenty of people to take advantage of.

NOBODY DESERVES TO BE A MEMBER EXCEPT ME, DAMNIT!!! :mj:

Question, NJcobra: If someone paid .25 cents for a comic book, and it were worth $1 million today. Should the lucky guy give it away, or god forbid try to sell it for .50 cents? Me, I would be really afraid of the .25 cents worth of Karma.

If someone ever wills you a really cool vacation home, which you'll be getting for nothing, please let me know. 'Cuz Karma dictates that you give it to me. Thanks in advance.

Jon
mach1fun

NJCOBRA10thA

Established Member
Mach1Fun you are so off from the point. Everyone is entitled to make a buck but if someone is going to be that sleazy he shouldn't shit where he eats and shouldn't be posting it to his comrads at SVTP.

I don't have a vacation home to give away but I do have other items I would love to give to someone I am friendly with or at least have a common intrest like SVTP.

In fact I just gave away my old Bowflex to a friend of a friend just wanted to see it put to good use.

Selling an option to buy for $$$$ is not illegal, but the point is it's not something you should do to a friend and I consider this community to be friends with limited exception.

Sometimes you may pass on selling a used car to a friend because you feel you could get more selling it elsewhere and don't want to rip off your friend. This is the same thing.

Mach1Fun

Established Member
NJCOBRA10thA said:
You should not take advantage of people on this site, but karma will get you in the end.

Not going to stoop to your level. Your response is incoherent.

The bottom line is you paid $0 for your option and want to sell it for $5,000 $10,000 or more. Good luck to you just do it somewhere the F^%$ else.

Incoherent?? Just because you you can not understand a good deal when it hits you in the face... Explain, oh mighty decider of who should be a member here, how I am taking advantage of anyone. I will sell an Option holder a 2007 Shelby for $1000 over invoice. Explain how that is bad.

As far as going somewhere f'ing else. Is this not a forum for PowerLease Option discussion? Do you have an Option? YOU are the only one in the :wf:

And to the moron who lables me "salesman". Thanks. If you understood the process of buying a vehicle like I do, maybe you would not be so angry ar car dealerships. You get taken every time, huh? Poor guy.

NJCOBRA10thA

Established Member
Mach1 I didn't say you are wrong for selling an option hodler a Shelby for $1,000 over invoice is wrong. I see nothing wrong with that. In fact I might consider that a deal reserved for a friend.

What I do have a problem with is someone selling an option for $5,000 $10,000 or more to their fellow SVTP members.

All I said was that's your perogative but do it elsewhere don't treat your fellow SVTP members like that.

You respond with I should give you my vacation home if ever willed or selling a comic book for $1,000,000. I see nothing wrong with it, but if your friend wanted that comic book it would put you in a tough place. If selling to your friend what do you charge him or is it simpler to just sell to someone else. That was my example with the used car to a friend. If my response was misleading then I am sorry but I was complaining about the option holder not you.

I think some how you got on the aggressive with me for perhaps the wrong reason.

Mach1Fun

Established Member
NJCOBRA10thA said:
Mach1 I didn't say you are wrong for selling an option hodler a Shelby for $1,000 over invoice is wrong. I see nothing wrong with that. In fact I might consider that a deal reserved for a friend.

What I do have a problem with is someone selling an option for $5,000 $10,000 or more to their fellow SVTP members.

All I said was that's your perogative but do it elsewhere don't treat your fellow SVTP members like that.

You respond with I should give you my vacation home if ever willed or selling a comic book for $1,000,000. I see nothing wrong with it, but if your friend wanted that comic book it would put you in a tough place. If selling to your friend what do you charge him or is it simpler to just sell to someone else. That was my example with the used car to a friend. If my response was misleading then I am sorry but I was complaining about the option holder not you.

I think some how you got on the aggressive with me for perhaps the wrong reason.

Thanks for the note. Look at it this way. If your friend was going to pay a dealer $20k markup (with the higher taxes and fees), and you had a pice of paper that you wanted to sell for even up to $20k - a piece of paper that would let your friend save money at the dealer on the car, taxes, registration fees, warranties, trade, and lock in a for-sure car for that friend - who was going to spend $20K over anyway, and who does NOT have to buy it from you... Can't you see that the friend IS getting a deal?
Maybe you do not think so. So, we agree to disagree. Either way, thanks for the conversation.

Also, as a 'salesman', I offer that any deal that comes from SVT-P, a fair referral donation will be made to the website. This was suggested from another member (friend) here.

Regards,
Jon
mach1fun

NJCOBRA10thA

Established Member
Mach1 I couldn't do that to a friend.
Believe me I am no born again nor do I suffer from high morals but there are just some things I won't do.

My motto is screw those that deserve it leave the others alone and whenever I can help someone out I do.

I would never do that to a friend and in fact lets say we agreed to $5,000 for that option instead of the $20,000 he was willing to pay the dealer I probably couldn't go through with it but that's just me. In fact as retarded as it sounds I might end up paying him to not buy it from me so I can sell it for $20,000 to a stranger.

I can't profit like that from a friend. A stranger yes, but not a friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread