PPRV delete, yet hez still there, need ideas, please help.

TRBO VNM

Yeah I know its wayy lean, I only went wot for datalogging.

Its now been richened up to about 10.5 to 1. So still have some tuning to do.

WOT and lean is what blows these up. Just to datalog doesn't matter. You should only pull to a certain rpm at WOT and when you see it lean, you let off. send that log to Rick and let him adjust and do it again until you are able to go WOT and have a safe a/f. mid range rpm pulls are probably all you should have done, let him do his thing and go from there. All you are doing is risking the motor. tuners do not need a full rpm datalog in order to start making adjustments.

This is typically what tuners do on the dyno as well when first starting out.

PPRV helps, imo, shift faster.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
WOT and lean is what blows these up. Just to datalog doesn't matter. You should only pull to a certain rpm at WOT and when you see it lean, you let off. send that log to Rick and let him adjust and do it again until you are able to go WOT and have a safe a/f. mid range rpm pulls are probably all you should have done, let him do his thing and go from there. All you are doing is risking the motor. tuners do not need a full rpm datalog in order to start making adjustments.

This is typically what tuners do on the dyno as well when first starting out.

PPRV helps, imo, shift faster.

Thanks for the advise, I should have thought about that a little bit more, shouldn't have to worry about it now but if I ever have that problem again I will do that for sure.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread