PPRV delete, yet hez still there, need ideas, please help.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
So my car has the dredded hesitation and have tried to tune it out with no luck. I ran out of time last year as the weather turned to crap. I decided that i was done trying to screw with it and pulled the pprv last night. Well, guess what, still hesitates just as bad. Im out of ideas and patience and just about ready to sell this bitch. Anyone have and ideas on my next moves? Mods are: 2.8, o/r x pipe, catback, new tr6ix plugs gapped at .35, I think my tuner said my timing is @ 23.5 degrees. Its pissing me off that its raining and I cant drive it to datalog the car.

P.S. my buddies 2000 Camaro SS with 401/378 is beating me because of this.:fm::fm::fm:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I can imagine it's frustrating for you, but you have to remember this is Sunday afternoon and most people aren't logged on yet. Later tonight or starting tomorrow I'm sure you'll be flooded with ideas and info to assist you. Weekends are kinda slow for SVTP, so check back tonight and tomorrow. You only gave it 29 minutes lol

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
I can imagine it's frustrating for you, but you have to remember this is Sunday afternoon and most people aren't logged on yet. Later tonight or starting tomorrow I'm sure you'll be flooded with ideas and info to assist you. Weekends are kinda slow for SVTP, so check back tonight and tomorrow. You only gave it 29 minutes lol

Thanks for your input and I totally understand what you are saying but if you look closer at the times you will see it was yesterday I started the thread and bumped it today.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Is your hesitation only at WOT while shifting or are you talking about a different kind of hesitation?

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
Whom is tuning your car?

Rick @ Amazon. I have talked to him and he is aware of the issue. In just looking for other things I can try like spark plug gap or anything else.

Is your hesitation only at WOT while shifting or are you talking about a different kind of hesitation?

Yes its only wide open throttle shifts.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I just got my tune from Rick last week, have the exact same mods as you do and im trying to figure out what to do myself. I haven't done the pprv delete yet but was just about to order the parts i need to do it.....assuming that would fix it.

Now im curious as to what the problem would be if that didnt cure your symptoms?

Sub'n for any good info.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Thanks for your input and I totally understand what you are saying but if you look closer at the times you will see it was yesterday I started the thread and bumped it today.

My bad, I see it was yesterday lol. I'm at work and just saw the times and thought it was the same day.

Replies are starting to come in now though, so hopefully you'll get it figured out.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Rick @ Amazon. I have talked to him and he is aware of the issue. In just looking for other things I can try like spark plug gap or anything else.

I just got my tune from Rick last week, have the exact same mods as you do and im trying to figure out what to do myself. I haven't done the pprv delete yet but was just about to order the parts i need to do it.....assuming that would fix it.

Now im curious as to what the problem would be if that didnt cure your symptoms?

Sub'n for any good info.

You guys have the same tuner and have the same problem? I would think the tuner would know how to correct the problem and if not maybe the problem is in the tune:shrug: Hopefully someone who's had the problem and corrected it will chime in and inform on what actions fixed it.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
You guys have the same tuner and have the same problem? I would think the tuner would know how to correct the problem and if not maybe the problem is in the tune:shrug: Hopefully someone who's had the problem and corrected it will chime in and inform on what actions fixed it.

im hoping its not the tuner since he cant fix it lol, i havent even talked to him yet about it since i just got the pulley and tune but hopefully like you said someone that has had the problem and got it fixed will be in here soon.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
So these are mail order tunes from Amazon on the SCT XCalibrator 3, not Dyno tunes, correct?

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Rick is going to need datalogs.. anything without them is speculation

usually we are not in the shop on the weekends but I try to check the forums in case we are needed...Rick tried to call you before we left for NMRA in Commerce on Saturday but we were given the wrong phone #..

he has a lightning here from TN to dyno tune this morning but as soon as he is done I will have him call you again.. can he reach you at the # you last PMed me at any time?

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
O
Rick is going to need datalogs.. anything without them is speculation

usually we are not in the shop on the weekends but I try to check the forums in case we are needed...Rick tried to call you before we left for NMRA in Commerce on Saturday but we were given the wrong phone #..

he has a lightning here from TN to dyno tune this morning but as soon as he is done I will have him call you again.. can he reach you at the # you last PMed me at any time?

Thanks linn. I am aware of the situation with you guys out if the office. The weather has been crap since I pm'd you on Friday night. I won't be able to datalog the car till Thursday with the weather forecast. I was just looking for other option that I can try on my end until I can get you the datalogs.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
O

Thanks linn. I am aware of the situation with you guys out if the office. The weather has been crap since I pm'd you on Friday night. I won't be able to datalog the car till Thursday with the weather forecast. I was just looking for other option that I can try on my end until I can get you the datalogs.

Hey man, I thought I would let you know I did some datalogging tonight, sending it off to Rick in the morning to see what he can do.

My fuel rail pressure goes crazy when I shift, spikes way high then drops to under 20 was the most significant thing I noticed.....

Ill let you know what I hear back

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
Hey man, I thought I would let you know I did some datalogging tonight, sending it off to Rick in the morning to see what he can do.

My fuel rail pressure goes crazy when I shift, spikes way high then drops to under 20 was the most significant thing I noticed.....

Ill let you know what I hear back

That's pal. Weather forecast is still not looking good till Thursday so I'm stuck till then. Let me know what Rick says.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member

Linn, can you have him call me when he gets a chance at the last number I pm'd. I just have some questions about what I should do about the ported blower I have and supporting mods. Thanks so much.

racebronco2

Established Member
Two things helps to reduce the dreaded hesitation, power shift, install the wot box or install the pprv delete. I have tried the last two and they both work. Friends powershift and they never have the problem. I also have a tune from rick and without using the wot box and now i have the stock pump assembly i don't have any hesitation problems.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
Two things helps to reduce the dreaded hesitation, power shift, install the wot box or install the pprv delete. I have tried the last two and they both work. Friends powershift and they never have the problem. I also have a tune from rick and without using the wot box and now i have the stock pump assembly i don't have any hesitation problems.

I'm not blaming the tune or Rick so I hope no one is thinking this is as bash on anyone. I was just looking for other suggestions like cop's or plug gap or anything else that I might be missing. The main reason is because I have spent some good money on parts that are sitting in the trunk waiting to go on. Doesn't really make sense to keep adding parts until this problem is fixed. I just want to go on record that thus was not a call out or anything like that. Rick has been very good to me and fast as Hell getting me tunes next day.

I did the pprv delete Friday night and didn't fix the problem. I can't power shift because the clutch won't hole the power.

Users who are viewing this thread