Predator for 99/01 cobras?

Mach0ne351

Established Member
no. they were doing tests on the 01 cobra motor for the 03. but the eaton blower was destroying the 01 cobra engine, so they didnt release the 03 with a cast aluminum block. they went with the cast iron block.

-marek

TNstangman

Established Member
Originally posted by Mach0ne351
no. they were doing tests on the 01 cobra motor for the 03. but the eaton blower was destroying the 01 cobra engine, so they didnt release the 03 with a cast aluminum block. they went with the cast iron block.

-marek

I was talking about the Diablosport predator. Sorry I should clarify.

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/predatormustang.htm

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
excuse my ignorance- but wouldnt it be better to get a dyno and prof. tune for the car as opposed to this? I could see benefits in being able to change say tire sizes, and maybe gear ratio, as well as for things like changing the programing after adding parts one at a time, like exhaust, pulley- but wouldn't it just be "better" to do it with a chip once you finsih all the bolt ons?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by cobracide
Dyno tune anyday over a canned chip. Get real. $300 reflash too. What a rip.

zactly...my tune was 350 from brian at apten, that's including about 100 bucks for the dyno time....got almost 16 rwhp out of it, and better mileage...

sclaws

On the RPMOutlet site it said 'Coming January 2004', and if you add it to the cart it says 'backordered'. I don't know..that's just what it said at that vendor site. I decided against it and am looking at the Anderson Ford PMS..gonna go look at it running Monday.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
The predator was developed to combat the next generation PCM which have no Diagnostic port. GM and Ford have both gone forward with removing where we would install our chips. The Diablosport predator is nothing more then a chip in a handheld device. But it is a great device. Allowing you to configure many options on your vehicle without having to send your chip in. Of course with an device like this a dyno session would be recommended with the tuning of the diablo predator. They are more expensive then your basic chip at 495.00 each but the device allows you unlimited changes on your vehicle. Where before you had to pay for ticks and different programs. The Granatelli units are nothing more then diablo units.
I got one for 380.00. Great device.

TNstangman

Established Member
Originally posted by stang99svt
Huhh.. I guess I better lower my price if I'm going to sell them:p

Oops... Sorry. Didnt mean to try and under cut you. Just thought you might like the info.

Users who are viewing this thread