Predator Pulley Tune Dyno...richened 10%

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
I can attach the dyno sheets, but didn't want to because SweetSVT99's post.
If anyone wants to see them, I will attach them.

My last dyno before this was with a 3.4" pulley and diablosport chip (it was a lean at 13:1 at 6500RPM). 444RWHP. 445 tq. SAE

After swithing to Stock Pred Pulley Tune and 2.8 DUB pulley, it was 444RWHP and 480 tq SAE. No idea on A/F this time as the probe fell out (but I didn't know it at the time).

I reflashed with a 10% adjustment towards richness on the Pred, and reran at 462RWHP, 492TQ SAE with an A/F of 11:1 at 6500RPM. 5 pulls in about 45 minutes, it was probaby 70 degrees and raining. Alt is probaby 1400ft. This pull was the 5th one of the series.

Hope this helps someone.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
thats really weird that you had to actually richen it up. Mostly everyone else, including me has had to lean it out, like in my case i have it leaned out all the to the max and its still rich (10.8 @ 6500rpm)

im also running the pulley tune with the 2.80

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I think some of the early complaints on the Predator's performance is due in part to operator error. We have all seen the posts from owners who are confused over which way to go when raising/lowering fuel levers, timing, etc.

As owners spend more time with the tool, I think we will see higher satisfaction levels. Afterall, there is a learning curve with everything.

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by WS6JJP
thats really weird that you had to actually richen it up. Mostly everyone else, including me has had to lean it out, like in my case i have it leaned out all the to the max and its still rich (10.8 @ 6500rpm)

im also running the pulley tune with the 2.80

He's running the Densecharger... Leans out the AF big time.

-Jason

:beer:

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
I can attach the dyno sheets, but didn't want to because SweetSVT99's post.
If anyone wants to see them, I will attach them.

My last dyno before this was with a 3.4" pulley and diablosport chip (it was a lean at 13:1 at 6500RPM). 444RWHP. 445 tq. SAE

After swithing to Stock Pred Pulley Tune and 2.8 DUB pulley, it was 444RWHP and 480 tq SAE. No idea on A/F this time as the probe fell out (but I didn't know it at the time).

I reflashed with a 10% adjustment towards richness on the Pred, and reran at 462RWHP, 492TQ SAE with an A/F of 11:1 at 6500RPM. 5 pulls in about 45 minutes, it was probaby 70 degrees and raining. Alt is probaby 1400ft. This pull was the 5th one of the series.

Hope this helps someone.

Post the graph.

I have the exact setup as you and RAN WAY LEAN.

I dumped the Densecharger for a straight line intake, since Diablo hinted that was my problem.

I'd love to see your A/F graph.

Your numbers seem high for your mods, also no belt slip with a 75" belt?!?! I'm running a 74" with tensioner and don't see any... I'm guessing if I added an inch it would show some slip.

Also no added timing? Just adding a bit of fuel?

I'll get my next dyno with the new intake next week.
-Peter

Last edited:

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
oops...yeah, i didnt see the densecharger..that would lean it out.....i still need to get a hold of diablo to get mine leaned out above 4500rpm, below that its great

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
This may be a little confusing. Colors from one graph to the next are different. Take note of the dyno run numbers.

9 was with the 3.4 inch pulley.

12 was with stock pred pulley tune and 2.8 inch pulley (probe had fallen out at that point but it wasn't noticed.)

14 was with pred pulley tune pus 10% richness (but the probe was out, so a/f is useless on this one too. On the next attachment, is 14 and 16. 16 was same setup as 14, but the probe was in correctly.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
see 11.1 seems to be pretty rich on most cars i have experienced tuning. on these cars it seems to really like the fuel does that seem to be the case. everyone with good numbers seems to be 11.1-11.8

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
nuxx,

yes, 75 inch belt, but I running a South Fla Pulley HQ idler.

I agree, those numbers do seem high for the mods. And the car didn't dyno that great when the only mods were catback bassani exhaust and k&N. I think it was about 360 RWHP and similar torque then.

I didn't touch the timing. I did raise the rev limiter to 6800, but that and fuel was it.

I actually called diablo to verify that sliding the the bar left was adding fuel.

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
As you can imagine, after I adjusted the A\f and then saw the graph on run 14, I about crapped my pants. That's when I noticed the probe was out, and said lets try it again.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
I must not know how to read those sheets. The A/F looks dangerously lean to me. :eek:

Can someone explain how this is an 11.1 to 11.8?

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
There are only two af lines in those two pics you can look at with accuracy. Run 16 (blue in the second pic) and run 9 (blue in the first pic.) The probe was not in properly in the others.

It does look lean on run 16 til 5500rpm. Does anyone think that there is a real danger at the lower RPM's?

nuxx

Established Member
Copperhead... your A/F looks too close to mine. Don't you think it's way too lean in the mid RPM? That alone made me swap out the Densecharger for a non fenderwell intake.
-Peter

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
It does look lean on run 16 til 5500rpm. Does anyone think that there is a real danger at the lower RPM's?

I do and just about everyone I showed it to does as well. Diablo said it's caused by the maf not reading correctly with where it's located with the Densecharger.

Here is my last graph...
03Dyno_280_pulley_tune_Exhaust_CAI_timing.jpg

-Peter

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
It may be. I have read that it isn't that dangerous until you start getting up into the higher RPM's...but I really don't know for sure.

That's why I like SVTPerformance :) I'm afraid I only know enough to be dangerous instead of helpful.

One thing I know for sure though is...I don't want to burn a piston.

Users who are viewing this thread