Predator Pulley Tune Dyno...richened 10%

2K3BRA

Established Member
I think alot depends on the timing and the a/f ratio at the same time cuz they both work together, cuz it can be leaner crusing cuz the timing is way down, and when you punch it the timing jumps up and so does the a/f (well down but you get what i mean). I'm just worried that these graphs are too lean when the pedals to the metal that its gonna burn holes in the pistons. I've just saw this kinda stuff from my 01 I've been through it all :(

Last edited:

2K3BRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced46
That is a perfect a/f line. But it is hard to compare a centri blower to ours. Since our max boost is coming on much earlier instead of peaking at max RPM. A/f should be somewhere around 11.5-12.0. Kauffmann knows their stuff. I drove 5 hours to them for them to tune my Procharged GT. I may just have to take a trip out there again if this Predator thing doesnt work out

Dave

I would take mine there if I do pulleys (when i get it lol). just for the fact all my experiences with diablo and superchip were not the best to say the least. Autologic seems to do fine for just getting timing and air/fuel down to a T. :rolling:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced46
here is my BONE stock A/F graph. paper filter still on. No mods. Just the silencer removed. If you guys need it for comparison

stockdyno_medium.jpg

From the looks of this and your graphs posted on page one, it looks like you are a little high .. stock you are getting down to 12 by 3 - 3.5k .. on your other graphs, it looks like you are still at about 15 at that range ... ...

anyone else see that?

Crowley

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
A lot depends on conditions I would imagine. But I would be concerned that as winter approaches, and the air cools off, that it will be even leaner.
Does that sound right?

Yup, that's right. Leaner, and more timing in the Winter. That's why I'm waiting for the end of this winter to see how many 03's popped their motors with this thing.. If none do, I think it's pretty safe. If they'll make it through the winter driven hard, the EEC will take care of it during the hot days..

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
Yup, that's right. Leaner, and more timing in the Winter. That's why I'm waiting for the end of this winter to see how many 03's popped their motors with this thing.. If none do, I think it's pretty safe. If they'll make it through the winter driven hard, the EEC will take care of it during the hot days..

Yeah, winters a bitch over here in Southern Cali. :p

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
Yeah, winters a bitch over here in Southern Cali. :p

Yea, you miss out on the increased performance. It's really a big difference. I pulled an extra pound of boost last night, and it's still in the 40's at night.

At sub-zero temps, this car just plain rips. Cold gas, cold air, cold IC fluid, oh hell ya.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
Yea, you miss out on the increased performance. It's really a big difference. I pulled an extra pound of boost last night, and it's still in the 40's at night.

At sub-zero temps, this car just plain rips. Cold gas, cold air, cold IC fluid, oh hell ya.

You forgot cold nuts, cold snot, and cold a$$. Ever thought about heated seats? Hows traction in those temps?

Blades

Established Member
DC REALLY leans it out.. It makes a good toy for a small pet.. thats it.. I can post AF charts of DC vs JLP (with idler pulley).

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
DC REALLY leans it out.. It makes a good toy for a small pet.. thats it.. I can post AF charts of DC vs JLP (with idler pulley).

Post it :D

New my intake will be here today... BYE BYE Densecharger.

-Peter

Blades

Established Member
airfuelcomparo.jpg

IMO I think thats a huge diff.. You can actually see where the addition of the idler pulley helped gain boost on the top end (thus the leaning out of the top end on the JLP graph)

in case you cant tell the diff.. DC is red and JLP is blue..

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
If the DC is bringing in more air and therefore making the engine run lean...wouldn't it be beneficial to keep the DC and just find a way to get the fuel to it?

An engine is basically a big air pump, so the more air you can move through it the better so long as you can get the gas to it to keep it from burning up. For that reason I would thind the DC would be better...assuming you could richen it with a better tune.

Is this line of thinking on track?

Blades

Established Member
Well.. It could be that it has too many bends and it ****s with the MAF and the MAF does the leaning.. So its not like its drawing more air in, its just tricking the computer..

My knowledge barely skims the top of this so I won't make any uninformed decisions. However.. say I richened up that DC and made everything nice.. I'd probably lose power..

With the JLP it makes the same power but its much richer.. I'll take the JLP.. lean it out a bit.. and make a little bit more power..

There are other factors too, the DC is in a terrible position and a bitch to install.. When I removed mine to clean it changed colors within a months usage... and took me a long as while to remove.. Not to mention.. the filter was BADLY dinged up..

Good point tho.. I wondered the same thing.. Maybe someone could shine some light on it.. I just try to throw out my stupid ASSumptions.

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
Well.. It could be that it has too many bends and it ****s with the MAF and the MAF does the leaning.. So its not like its drawing more air in, its just tricking the computer..

EXARCEE!!!

That's what causes the problem.

POS the reprise
-Peter

Users who are viewing this thread