Prefered SVTP Diet

Ponyracer1

Established Member
I know all you guys are 6'6" and 280lbs of solid muscle and would never need to diet or hit the gym, but IF you were born a mere mortal and wanted to improve your body, what would be your chosen path?

I'm 39 yrs old, 6'4" and normally run about 235-240lbs. I wanted to lose some inches around the middle and lose the love handles and paunch that I developed as I've gotten older.

For 4 1/2 months I cut out ALL junk food, sweets, deserts, soda, etc. Ate "better" than normal. Did an hour and a half at the gym 6 days a week. Pretty much all cardio. Concentrated on burning calories, treadmill set at lvl 15 incline at 4.2 mph (fast walk for me) or so for an HOUR per day, usually the elliptical for the rest of the time. Also did a fair amount of running outdoors, and 40 pushups per hr in my office for the majority of the time.

After 4.5 months of this, I ended up with the same waist measurement, and I gained 10 lbs. Arms and legs are def bigger, chest is bigger, belly=no smaller.

So after saying **** it and going back to eating the occasional snack and soda I'm ready to try again. Obviously my body doesn't respond well to cardio to burn calories so I'm going to start a lifting routine to build muscle as well as a decent "diet".

Been reading up on the Paleo diet and it seems to make sense and be pretty easy to follow. Thoughts?

Last edited:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
For me I cut down on carbs especially after lunch. Start your day with healthy mix of protein and carbs but toward the end of the day cut down (or out completely) all carbs and eat more protien. Last I stop eating at 7:00 pm but just before bed I drink a protien drink (casein protien because it is slow burning and will sustain you throughtout the night). And of course keep up your work out routine and allow yourself one cheat day just not to burn yourself out on eating healthy. Hope this helps........ image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Entrenched

Established Member
I went from 330 to 215 by doing a Keto diet (along with a 5 day split and 30 minutes minimum of cardio every day). At first it was really hard, but eventually got really used to it. Now I try to keep carbs to a minimum with a once a week cheat.

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
I don't think that Cardio doesn't "work" for you, I think it's the type of cardio you are doing. A fast walk is a great warmup exercise if you're going to be lifting weights, but (in my experience) a solid 20 minutes of high heart rate cardio usually achieves great results. I like to use the elliptical because after 2 surgeries, I have bad ankles.

Skipping junk food is a great idea, but I've never had the need to cut carbs down the way I see some guys do. Everyone is different, but I think you should examine your gym routine. Also, eating better is great, but if you are still taking in more calories than you burn, you will not lose weight.

sonicblew

Established Member
to use a treadmill, interval training on the treadmill is a good way to go. a fast walk never does much for me. gotta make it a bit tougher. I totally agree with 'ScreamingFast' above. thats how i eat and exercise if i want to lose weight.
Good Luck

sdoo500

Established Member
Paleo worked great for me. 20 pounds in 8 weeks and I didn't lose any strength at all. Actually lifted more in a couple lifts. Ate pretty paleo an occasional couple beers on weekends and crossfit 4 days a week

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
For me I cut down on carbs especially after lunch. Start your day with healthy mix of protein and carbs but toward the end of the day cut down (or out completely) all carbs and eat more protien. Last I stop eating at 7:00 pm but just before bed I drink a protien drink (casein protien because it is slow burning and will sustain you throughtout the night). And of course keep up your work out routine and allow yourself one cheat day just not to burn yourself out on eating healthy. Hope this helps........View attachment 33562
View attachment 33563

View attachment 33564

Damn man, looks like you cut at least 20-30 pounds. Could of done with the boxers pic though.... :D

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My wife and I's diet is roughly 90% Paleo and we've been doing it for the last year and will continue doing it for the rest of our lives. I find it somewhat easy to do and I dropped 20lbs in about 3 months just changing my diet (still working out the same). Give it a shot and if you stick with it, I have no doubt you'll see results.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
The SVTP diet is a mix of nitromethane, pure vitamins, and powdered Tungsten.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
My wife and I's diet is roughly 90% Paleo and we've been doing it for the last year and will continue doing it for the rest of our lives. I find it somewhat easy to do and I dropped 20lbs in about 3 months just changing my diet (still working out the same). Give it a shot and if you stick with it, I have no doubt you'll see results.

Started tonight. Gonna give it 30 days and see what happens. Once I get a baseline I'm going to hit the gym for weight training and minor cardio.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Keto....hands down.

I started again this Monday and will do it for six weeks. My goal is to lose 25 pounds this time. Keto appeals to me for several reasons.

1. The type of food you are permitted to eat. Can't beat having bacon and eggs for breakfast and two lettuce wrapped bacon burgers with avocado/cream cheese spread on top for dinner. Then for dessert I usually have my "keto ice cream" which right now is Blueberry-Peach flavored with pieces of cooked bacon inside with my cinnamon/sugar (sucralose) chicharrones on top. On keto that is a dream come true.

2. It allows you to lose a large amount of FAT quickly. I do not like being on a diet more than anyone else, and I really hate having to give up almost all carbs. However, in six weeks I will lose more weight than most people would in 4-5 months. Not only that but I will be eating great fatty and protein rich foods which give me fantastic energy and allows me to build lean muscle. At the same time all the weight being lost is coming solely from fat reserves rather than a mix of muscle and fat.

3. It's much harder to fail on a keto diet because even one cheat snack or meal can throw you out of ketosis and ruin a couple days or weeks work. It becomes much harder to justify even one Oreo or piece of chocolate cake when you know that it will throw you of of ketosis. Then you will have to spend the next couple days getting back into ketosis and probably put on weight in the process, all for that one minute of gratification. Because of this I find that most people who get into ketosis and stay in it for at least a month lose a substantial amount of fat compared to a normal diet.

Last edited:

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I have never had the big boy weight, mostly I guess because I am not a big boy.��

Any way my diet is what ever I want when I want, stop when I am full.
I don't gorge myself.

I also HAVE to eat breakfast every day , a pb and j sandwich at 9 (I start work at 7 off at 6 ) , lunch at noon .
Noon lunch is like a meat and cheese etc.sandwich , fruit, yogurt, soup in the winter .

Dinner is no holds barred, red meat , fish once a week , chicken once a week , fresh veggies, pastas, and beer .
I average 145-150 in the summer and just about 165 in the winter.
Like I said before, I feel for you guys .
Keep up the work.

I guess I should have said I am also almost 60

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
With just a few small changes you can make a significant difference. Cut out grains and anything with added sugar. That's going to remove about 90% of processed foods from your diet. Meats (preferably wild or grassfed) and colorful veggies (if you're going to eat potatoes try to make them purple potatoes or sweet potatoes) should make up the bulk of your diet. Beans and dairy are fine as well. Follow that diet and with a small amount of exercise you can cut a lot of fat.

As an example: my dinner tonight will be sea scallops and veggies in a spicy red curry sauce.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I know all you guys are 6'6" and 280lbs of solid muscle and would never need to diet or hit the gym, but IF you were born a mere mortal and wanted to improve your body, what would be your chosen path?

I'm 39 yrs old, 6'4" and normally run about 235-240lbs. I wanted to lose some inches around the middle and lose the love handles and paunch that I developed as I've gotten older.

For 4 1/2 months I cut out ALL junk food, sweets, deserts, soda, etc. Ate "better" than normal. Did an hour and a half at the gym 6 days a week. Pretty much all cardio. Concentrated on burning calories, treadmill set at lvl 15 incline at 4.2 mph (fast walk for me) or so for an HOUR per day, usually the elliptical for the rest of the time. Also did a fair amount of running outdoors, and 40 pushups per hr in my office for the majority of the time.

After 4.5 months of this, I ended up with the same waist measurement, and I gained 10 lbs. Arms and legs are def bigger, chest is bigger, belly=no smaller.

So after saying **** it and going back to eating the occasional snack and soda I'm ready to try again. Obviously my body doesn't respond well to cardio to burn calories so I'm going to start a lifting routine to build muscle as well as a decent "diet".

Been reading up on the Paleo diet and it seems to make sense and be pretty easy to follow. Thoughts?

You and I are the same size. I am currently 6'4" 235lbs. I am usually around 210lbs and lean but I put on the extra weight since I quit smoking 2.5 years ago. I have been telling myself that 25lbs of extra mass is worth being smoke free but I am at the point that I want to lose the extra weight. I am waiting for the New Years resolution crowd to die down so I can join the gym again. In the mean time I have been riding my bike 30-50 miles a week with a lot of uphill riding.

YJSONLY

Established Member
I'm not a huge guy but 6 foot 210. But need to loose a few pounds. I started to drink morning shakes with kale, spinach, unsweetened almond milk and fruit. As my morning breakfast was CARBS all the way around. I am on the road/go so lunch is hard and dinner is at my mothers/ or grandmas old fashioned cooking. (Wife in night school... I'm not a cook). So I am not going to loose 20 pounds in a week or anything bd have a active lifestyle and work daylight to dark (hints why I eat at moms and grandmas we are from the south). I need to get a base weight as I have been on this diet for 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread