Prefered SVTP Diet

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
This.

People make it way more complicated than it needs to be. Don't exclude entire food groups, just eat less of everything. People think that eating "clean" means they can eat as much as they want, it's still calories, and if you're not burning more than you're taking in, you don't lose weight, period.

While it is true to control your portion sizes, cutting out certain food groups (i.e. sweets, breads, pastas, starches) is proven to be more effective at cutting weight. Keep your caloric intake about 200 kcal under what your maintenance intake would be and you will lose weight regardless.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Most important thing to do is track your intake. Document everything you eat, there are TONS of apps for it. I just use the S Health on the S5. It tracks your calorie intake and while it might not be 100%, it's a great tool to have. You can track your fat/protein/carb intake. You want to take in less carbs on days where you're not going to be burning it off (because it's stored as fat). So you need to plan your diets towards your activity. The biggest thing is discipline but don't kill yourself. You can still eat good food, just not all the time. My biggest issue was portion size... You eat something you like, you go grab seconds... that's not good. If you already cut out the bad stuff then you're half way there.

I've been down this road off and on for many years. I use to be very active in the gym with heavy weights then life came and knocked me out. Then I become 30... then older and it's not nearly as easy to keep weight off. You just have to stick with it. When you start seeing the results is when you really get motivated and understand why it's good for you.

I JUST got back into it last Monday and mentally... it's already made me feel so much better. Just knowing you're actually doing something for yourself, to become better than what you were is a good feeling. Then when you see the pounds fly off the scale you really see.

I've been taking my vitamins, fish oils regularly now. Cutting out greasy/fatty foods and SALT. Sodium is bad for you and will also make you bloat. I've started replacing salt with pepper or other spices to try and help with flavor but not kill me. Vegetables and fruit, keep them around and fill your plate with them as it's better to fill up on those then less healthy stuff. It's important that you actually read the contents and values on the box so you can help track and understand what you're eating. One of my biggest focus isn't on the calories but calories from fat which is usually on the other side of calories. Try to take in little fats, more proteins and some carbs and especially fibers.

You're calorie intake should be your weight x 10. That is a general range that you should be intaking. Obviously if you want to loose weight you're going to want to drop your intake so you run a deficit. -3500 calories a week = 1lb of fat. I've been burned around 4k calories last week and had a maintenance deficit of at least 4k calories (my recommended is 2,500 range, I've been doing around 1,300 range). I already cut 2lbs. I'm not trained, I am just self learned and self experimenting and I'm sure it's not the best or healthiest way to cut down calories so low but I've been feeling OK so I will take it as being accepted by my body so far. I will gradually increase my intake once I start hitting the weights again.

Users who are viewing this thread