Prepare for Insanity | 16k-Mile 2003 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3L Power Stroke 4×4 on BaT

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
There's also a lifted 2000 Excursion, 7.3, 4x4, on Robby Gordon wheels with 88k currently at $30k. There seems to be quite a market for clean, diesel Excursions.

crazy4life

Established Member
BATs seller fee's are capped at 99 bucks.
Buyer fee capped at 5000
Thats why everybody loves BAT
  • Sellers pay a $99 listing fee, with the option to add our Plus photo service for an additional $250. There are no other seller fees on BaT.
  • Buyers pay a 5% fee on top of the final sale price to BaT, with a minimum of $250, and capped at $5,000.
  • Contact us for pricing of our White Glove Service.

Dave.O

Established Member
I actually have an 2001 7.3 4wd limited. It does have 260k miles on it but the interior is perfect and the paint is near perfect. I actually wonder what it’s worth in this market

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I actually have an 2001 7.3 4wd limited. It does have 260k miles on it but the interior is perfect and the paint is near perfect. I actually wonder what it’s worth in this market

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

$18-25k depending on condition and color.

Ke1130

Established Member
I will also add--For the schmucks in CA like me, you can register this truck for under $100 because it is not considered a commercial vehicle unlike ALL pick up trucks in CA, thus no weight fee.

An F250 of the same generation as this Excursion will cost $400 or more to tag every year in this awful state.
I just renewed my excursion reg and it was $225 and my f250 is up in February and it’s $425 both are MY 2002 is there any way to register the ex for under 100 that I don’t know of? Jw if there’s any exemptions I’m not claiming.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I just renewed my excursion reg and it was $225 and my f250 is up in February and it’s $425 both are MY 2002 is there any way to register the ex for under 100 that I don’t know of? Jw if there’s any exemptions I’m not claiming.

Weird. Wife's 2002 3/4 suburban costs us about $115 annually.

Probably county-based taxes? IDK...

Ke1130

Established Member
I’m up north of sac so that’s definitely a possibility or maybe gas vs diesel. I was just curious if there was any exemptions I was missing out on. Registration prices are crazy high here.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We continue to be amazed at the money some of these vehicles are getting.

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
With the pricing I see on this stuff makes me wonder what my 8,000 mile 2001 Dodge 1500 with the off road package with the dana 44s and 5.9 would bring.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I'd much rather have a late model front with the 6.7 and newer dash. I have a friend that is a fabricator, that can build them. The wife bought his old rig before this project had a 6.0, she used it like a school bus shuffling kids around. They loved it.
IMG_20190423_164802.jpeg
IMG_20190429_163240.jpeg
IMG_20190423_164846.jpeg
20190627_153533.jpeg
20200910_175412.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^^ Wow, that is over the top nice! Does your friend do a lot these conversions? Approximate cost?

IA Shelby

Established Member
I would be close to dying if either of you were close. If it eclipses $100k I would be absolutely shocked.
Logic left this market a while back. BAT is now like attending a live auction at an upscale charity event. “Baller’s” just bid outrageous money to “prove” to other attendees how successful they are. Seen it a hundred times. Funny thing is that guys that usually win those auctions are not the real deep pockets in the room.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^^ Wow, that is over the top nice! Does your friend do a lot these conversions? Approximate cost?

The biggest company in the US that does this is Custom Autos by Tim. They do a KILLER job. I owned one for about a year. Their kits start at about $50k + a vehicle.

Custom Autos by Tim

Ke1130

Established Member
The biggest company in the US that does this is Custom Autos by Tim. They do a KILLER job. I owned one for about a year. Their kits start at about $50k + a vehicle.

Custom Autos by Tim
I’ve seen these conversions and always thought they were really cool just wondering what your reason was for selling? Also most I’ve seen have salvaged titles (not from this company just in general) is there any reason for that other then saving the money of initial cost?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’ve seen these conversions and always thought they were really cool just wondering what your reason was for selling? Also most I’ve seen have salvaged titles (not from this company just in general) is there any reason for that other then saving the money of initial cost?

I was actually contacted by a member on here about selling it, so I did. I usually only keep things for 6 months to a year anyways.

CAbT does a lot of salvaged title ones as well. It's getting chopped up anyways, so if they can save $30k up front, a lot of people do. Mine was a clean one owner at the time.

When/If they get mainstream on doing the 2017+ bodies, I'll probably get another one. I'd really like a F-650 Excursion, but besides the cool factor, I have no need for it.

Users who are viewing this thread