Prey (Predator 5)

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Can't be anywhere near as awful as that last piece of shit that was made. God that movie was bad, think i watched 15 minutes of it and couldnt take it anymore.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
It is a little girl.
What made the original movie work, was that you were introduced to the starring cast, and each had his own quirky persona that you could get behind. When each one started getting killed in a horrible manner, the rest fought a running retreat that saw their best get picked off one by one, until the best of the group (Dutch) was left to figure out a way to beat the Predator.

6'-2", 250 lbs of the best, pulled off a win, barely.

Now comes this garbage.

A 5'-5", 125 lbs (soaking wet) wamman is going to go beat a Predator? Really?

Where is the threat of her dying? Of course other (toxic) males in the movie will be killed, and only by her superior skills and brain will she defeat the Predator.

Love the idea of going back to an earlier time, they could have mixed in Native Americans no problem, like Louis L'amour's Last of the Breed (a great book, and easy to read).

No way am I going to watch this crap.

E

PS Sorry, I am a little pissy about what Hollyweird has done to action movies.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can't be anywhere near as awful as that last piece of shit that was made. God that movie was bad, think i watched 15 minutes of it and couldnt take it anymore.
THAT is true. I watched probably less than you did.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
It is a little girl.
What made the original movie work, was that you were introduced to the starring cast, and each had his own quirky persona that you could get behind. When each one started getting killed in a horrible manner, the rest fought a running retreat that saw their best get picked off one by one, until the best of the group (Dutch) was left to figure out a way to beat the Predator.

6'-2", 250 lbs of the best, pulled off a win, barely.

Now comes this garbage.

A 5'-5", 125 lbs (soaking wet) wamman is going to go beat a Predator? Really?

Where is the threat of her dying? Of course other (toxic) males in the movie will be killed, and only by her superior skills and brain will she defeat the Predator.

Love the idea of going back to an earlier time, they could have mixed in Native Americans no problem, like Louis L'amour's Last of the Breed (a great book, and easy to read).

No way am I going to watch this crap.

E

PS Sorry, I am a little pissy about what Hollyweird has done to action movies.
While I'll give this movie a chance, I agree with this. Going back in time to the Native Americans is an awesome idea. Most tribes had badass hunters, and it would be great to see a movie with the hulking Predator facing off against some Native Americans on their own land. In the first movie, the jungle was similar to the Predator's home planet (IIRC from the books I read some time ago) so you have highly trained mercenaries with serous weapons, but they are out of their element. Would be cool to see the script flipped and have the Native Americans be in their element.

But unfortunately, that's just not enough "representation" so it has to be a woman. Maybe it'll be like Top Gun Maverick and the woman part fades into the background, but we know Hollywood probably won't allow that. I guess we'll see.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
While I'll give this movie a chance, I agree with this. Going back in time to the Native Americans is an awesome idea. Most tribes had badass hunters, and it would be great to see a movie with the hulking Predator facing off against some Native Americans on their own land. In the first movie, the jungle was similar to the Predator's home planet (IIRC from the books I read some time ago) so you have highly trained mercenaries with serous weapons, but they are out of their element. Would be cool to see the script flipped and have the Native Americans be in their element.

But unfortunately, that's just not enough "representation" so it has to be a woman. Maybe it'll be like Top Gun Maverick and the woman part fades into the background, but we know Hollywood probably won't allow that. I guess we'll see.
I hear you, and raise you a "Ms. Marvel"

Attachments

• ms_marvel_0.jpg
    ms_marvel_0.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 68

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Not a fan of the woke bullshit either but I have no problem with a strong female lead.

I do like the fact that this movie goes back to the basics of the original formula. It’s warrior vs warrior in brutal combat to the death. Looking at the cast it seems they used a lot of real Native Americans too which I think is pretty cool.

We have Hulu so I’ll check it out.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
You guys are all wrong. Tatonka-ette over there join forces with the predator to eradicate the evil whilte colonizers and they will ride off into the sunset, only after the tribal chief makes her the tribal chief because girl power.

Straight to stream because it's a steaming pile of dog shit that would tank in the box office.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a fan of the woke bullshit either but I have no problem with a strong female lead.

I do like the fact that this movie goes back to the basics of the original formula. It’s warrior vs warrior in brutal combat to the death. Looking at the cast it seems they used a lot of real Native Americans too which I think is pretty cool.

We have Hulu so I’ll check it out.
I absolutely agree with you but refuse to invest any time or money into anything that panders for it or any other woke flavor of the week bullshit. I actually think it looks good for a predator movie (love them all and am easily entertained) based on the trailer but even a little wokeness is too much for me. If they just left the part out where she says "because you all think that I cant" from the trailer they would have tricked me into seeing it. I would have definitely gone out of my way to watch it but that line told me everything I needed to know about the movie.

Not much new stuff in our house as far as entertainment goes because of woke/equality propaganda, we avoid it at all costs. If the wife would let me drop Disney+ I would but thats where most of our "old stuff" tv entertainment for the family comes from. Post up your thoughts after you watch it, I think its gonna be good aside from the pandering.

Slight O.T.
Ellen Ripley is still the reining champion for a movie chick badass in my opinion.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks ok. We just keep getting rehashed shit out of Hollywood. Some new stuff would be nice.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Just got down watching it...Meh........6 out of 10 stars.....

Defiantly not as good as the first one.
How would you rank it against "The Predator", if I had to pick the bottom of the barrel I think that one just barely edges out "AvP Requiem".

SVTFastBack

Established Member
There is no rating for it, it's simply just something to watch just to watch.. I've had no sway in either direction after watching it as its like literally the most neutral movie I've seen in a long ass time. But it's still better than 70% of the shitbox junk piles that have come out in the last 5 years, it just doesn't have anything in it to build up excitement. Dat fake ass snake and other animals crapshoot CGI tho! So it has a little comedy in it because they look so bad.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a newer trailer with the fight scene worth viewing. After watching this video, I'm definitely in on watching Prey at home at some point.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
It was a piece of shit IMO, i've heard a lot of people say it was OK though.

Shit CGI in quite a few scenes. I turned it off during a scene where there was a bear fight with the predator, and the predator picked up this 1000 pound grizzly like it was nothing... Then in other scenes it's struggling to fend off this 100 pound 5 foot 2 Indian bitch.

Just another woke movie pushing woke crap. Im surprised Elizabeth Warren didn't make an appearance saving everyone with a bow and arrow.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It was a piece of shit IMO, i've heard a lot of people say it was OK though.

Shit CGI in quite a few scenes. I turned it off during a scene where there was a bear fight with the predator, and the predator picked up this 1000 pound grizzly like it was nothing... Then in other scenes it's struggling to fend off this 100 pound 5 foot 2 Indian bitch.

Just another woke movie pushing woke crap. Im surprised Elizabeth Warren didn't make an appearance saving everyone with a bow and arrow.
I just finished watching it, I will say I liked it better than the last shity Predator movie that came out with the giant Predator. But it wasn't great. And agreed, watching the Predator beat the hell out of the 1000 pound grizzly than get its ass owned by a tiny Indian girl lol, come on

Users who are viewing this thread