Price check

VEGAS_SVT

Established Member
Looking at a 04 one owner, 34k miles, all stock other than tires. Red fire. Asking $30k. Car fax checks out. What do y’all think? I am ready to jump on it.

EDIT:
Owner dropped to $28k after I told him I am going to wait a bit. I offered $26k for a sale right now.

Last edited:

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
OP, my advice unless you're just swimming in cash is this. Slow down, take some time & watch the market here. Winter is coming. Prices for fun cars will reflect that.
There are some real nice cars that pop up here, just be patient. I'm sure the red fire car mentioned is nice. It's just overpriced @ 30k with those miles.
Are you stuck on red fire or just liking this one that popped up?
At that price range you'll be able to find a much lower mile car if you practice a little patience.

nickf2005

Established Member
OP, my advice unless you're just swimming in cash is this. Slow down, take some time & watch the market here. Winter is coming. Prices for fun cars will reflect that.
There are some real nice cars that pop up here, just be patient. I'm sure the red fire car mentioned is nice. It's just overpriced @ 30k with those miles.
At that price range you'll be able to find a much lower mile car if you practice a little patience.
Great advice.

In addition, the used car market is up across the board due to the supply chain being royally screwed up at the moment. I'd recommend anyone merely "looking" at buying used cars to hold out until Q2 of next year.

Tangent, the sub compact tractor market is similar. Hardly anything new on lots and used prices are a little salty. I paid $16k for my 2011 used JD in 2014. I just got a trade-in offer of "around 11k", which amounts to about a $15,000 market value. Looking to size up, but inventory is hard to come by!

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Price is high. Guy on Facebook selling a 03 Sonic Blue with 10k miles for 34k. Just posted it yesterday and already sale pending.

If I had the space I'd be all over it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

VEGAS_SVT

Established Member

Not swimming in cash, I really wanted to stay about $25k for a clean mostly stock car. This just happened to be within driving distance and looks really clean. Not stuck on the color either but it is one of my top 3.

VEGAS_SVT

Established Member
Price is high. Guy on Facebook selling a 03 Sonic Blue with 10k miles for 34k. Just posted it yesterday and already sale pending.

If I had the space I'd be all over it.

Yeah I was talking to him. He's 3rd owner, been through an auction, and the carfax was misprinted to show the motor had been replaced. I was told it was a head replacement but either way carfax shows motor.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I was talking to him. He's 3rd owner, been through an auction, and the carfax was misprinted to show the motor had been replaced. I was told it was a head replacement but either way carfax shows motor.
That's some interesting stuff that's never mentioned. I've been messaging him for weeks about cobra stuff before he decided to sell.

CRUMPA

Seems high for the miles, but prices are going up. Many replies suggest higher prices are justified for car with good mods, but if the "Terminator" breaks into general collectible status - every reason to think so - collectors tend to want unmolested cars. Conundrum...

VEGAS_SVT

Established Member
That's some interesting stuff that's never mentioned. I've been messaging him for weeks about cobra stuff before he decided to sell.

He seemed like a good dude but was a little too pushy on selling the car, it was more than I wanted to spend also.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
He seemed like a good dude but was a little too pushy on selling the car, it was more than I wanted to spend also.
It is a lot of money. All depends on what a person wants. Still a lot of nice ones out there. I couldn't pay that price if I knew I was going to mod it.

VEGAS_SVT

Established Member
Owner dropped to $28k when I told him I think I am going to hold out for a bit. I already showed him my account balance so he knows I am serious. I said $26k and I'll come get it right now.

MG0h3

Established Member
Is this the one in VA with the Rovos wheels?

Here’s the deal, there’s “low miles” and there’s not.

This one is just at the edge in my opinion. You out 15k on it and it’s no longer “low miles”. So don’t pay the premium for it.

Also, do you plan on never modding the car? Seriously consider this. A blower, fuel stuff, and clutch is 10k if you do it yourself unless you get a used blower.

Don’t be afraid of modded cars. Just know what you are looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VEGAS_SVT

Established Member
Is this the one in VA with the Rovos wheels?

Here’s the deal, there’s “low miles” and there’s not.

This one is just at the edge in my opinion. You out 15k on it and it’s no longer “low miles”. So don’t pay the premium for it.

Also, do you plan on never modding the car? Seriously consider this. A blower, fuel stuff, and clutch is 10k if you do it yourself unless you get a used blower.

Don’t be afraid of modded cars. Just know what you are looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
It is not that car. I just prefer to do everything myself and know more about the history of the car. In all reality, if it has 20k in aftermarket parts I am sure it has been driven pretty hard at least a few times. I can see both sides, neither on is necessarily the right way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread