Price ideas for 03/04 Cobra convertible

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Hello everybody! Looking for opinions on 03/04 cobra vert prices. As some of you may know i sold my mint 03 mach with 12k miles recently and will be looking for 03/04 cobra vert next year. Trying to get finances in order to make the purchase next year and hoping i can figure out a ballpark price i will have to shell out for what i want so i know what to plan for. Anyways i am looking to get into black 10th vert or mystichrome vert as top picks then redfire, torch red, dsg, white etc etc anything but zinc and comp orange. 15k miles or under preferably bone stock down to the battery just like my mach was. Have about $5k of mods i would want to do anyways. Figure i am going to be spending up to $25k or more for this? I know like gerry has the mint black cobra with 5k miles for sale for $25k just wonder what a vert like that would be. Any opinions or what you guys paid for low mileage cars would be great! :bowdown:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Seems to me that even though verts were more off the lot, they are worth about the same or possibly slightly less so 25k is probably a good number, maybe less. It will depend on color and if it's a super low mile car. It seems Redfire vs. Mystichrome can easily be 2k.

IMO - nothing wrong with buying a car with some mods though - IF the person your buying from is the person that did the mods and they have receipts.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Good luck Luke I think 25k sounds good. Also jmho more people want coupes your either a vert person or your not. So they should be the same as a low mile coupe price if not just a little lower. I don't know if you will find one with a original battery then though my 01 Cobra stocker went for ten years. Also if you finance any of it look at Wright Patt Credit Union or a credit union.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Seems to me that even though verts were more off the lot, they are worth about the same or possibly slightly less so 25k is probably a good number, maybe less. It will depend on color and if it's a super low mile car. It seems Redfire vs. Mystichrome can easily be 2k.

IMO - nothing wrong with buying a car with some mods though - IF the person your buying from is the person that did the mods and they have receipts.

ok cool was hoping my $25k number would be on point or a little high. And i agree nothing wrong but i am super picky and i already have my mod/build list ready to go so it would have to meet those things but still prefer no mods at all

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Good luck Luke I think 25k sounds good. Also jmho more people want coupes your either a vert person or your not. So they should be the same as a low mile coupe price if not just a little lower. I don't know if you will find one with a original battery then though my 01 Cobra stocker went for ten years. Also if you finance any of it look at Wright Patt Credit Union or a credit union.

Thanks patrick and yeah i am a vert person lol Yeah original battery was so cool imo lol guy that bought off me didn't believe it at first ha. And i will be financing a good chunk hope to put around $10k down on it. Wright Patt is who i had mach through and would probably just go with them again

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
25000 should do it no problem. But fair warning.....it really is true some 10k mile cobras look worse than some 30k mile cobras. It always blows my mind how poorly some low mile cobras have been maintained. Stored in a open shed or driveway exposed to elements, driven on salt prepped roads, bird droppings left on far too long, maybe an "offroad" experience or two (lol), previously heavily modded and raped on then "restored" to stock. If these cars could only talk, because a lot of owners will tell a slightly different story than reality.

Zemedici

Established Member
I would set aside 25k. as you stated. That's a good 'middle of the road' number. You wont find a mint 10th vert with <10k miles for that much off the rip, but a stack of money in someone's face does crazy things sometimes :)

And as stated above verts seem a bit less desired by the masses than a coupe and therefore will reflect in the price.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
25000 should do it no problem. But fair warning.....it really is true some 10k mile cobras look worse than some 30k mile cobras. It always blows my mind how poorly some low mile cobras have been maintained. Stored in a open shed or driveway exposed to elements, driven on salt prepped roads, bird droppings left on far too long, maybe an "offroad" experience or two (lol), previously heavily modded and raped on then "restored" to stock. If these cars could only talk, because a lot of owners will tell a slightly different story than reality.

I hear ya man. i have seen the same as you. saw one at a car show and we were guessing the miles. i thought 50k and i asked and it was 19k!!!! i was like no way. bolster has awful, valve cover bolts were rusty same with struts and cc plates and needed a buff job bad. i bought my mach with 9k miles on it never seen rain, flawless underneath and only couple rock chips on it. basically the cobra better look better then my mach which i know will be hard. so i want a garage queen that was rarely driven. anyway i can tell for blower swap etc etc? cause i want an unpullied one let alone one that had big twin screw on it lol

I would set aside 25k. as you stated. That's a good 'middle of the road' number. You wont find a mint 10th vert with <10k miles for that much off the rip, but a stack of money in someone's face does crazy things sometimes :)

And as stated above verts seem a bit less desired by the masses than a coupe and therefore will reflect in the price.

yeah man i hope i can get it done for that. shooting for $30k with mods at the end of the day. and this one seems to be decent if the ad is real or not sold already. exactly what i want this car is perfect just needs to be available middle-late next year

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...mt=[FORD[MUST[]][]]&listingId=383209519&Log=0

crap here is another ugh

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...mt=[FORD[MUST[]][]]&listingId=387520829&Log=0

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
What I've observed is Verts usually go for less than an identical coupe. I say 1k or more, less than a comparable coupe. They made a fair amount of verts and more people want coupes than verts.

I bought my pretty mint 03 cobra from the original 65 yr old owner with less than 7500 miles last year for 24,500. I'd say that buying a car in your budget shouldn't be a problem.

Zemedici

Established Member
yeah man i hope i can get it done for that. shooting for $30k with mods at the end of the day. and this one seems to be decent if the ad is real or not sold already. exactly what i want this car is perfect just needs to be available middle-late next year

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...mt=[FORD[MUST[]][]]&listingId=383209519&Log=0

crap here is another ugh

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...mt=[FORD[MUST[]][]]&listingId=387520829&Log=0

What are you looking to do mod wise? 5k is an odd in-between amount, its either $2k-2500 or so to port/pulley, or $7-8k or so to do a blower swap.

And that red one is much nicer than the black 10th. The 10th would be sexy...if....it was A COUPE! :D I'm sorry i'm just not a vert guy.

dom418

Established Member
Verts sell for less than coupes. I think you should be able to buy exactly what you want for $24k. Problem is I see cars in the market section that are so overpriced it's ridiculous. I'm talking 30,000 miles for $25k.

I've sold two black coupes that were bone stock. I'm talking mint mint and mint condition. 1st had 6700 miles and the second 4200. Both sold for $27k ish.

My advice is to not over pay and don't even try negotiating with some of the board members on here who think theirs was touched by God. Fair prices are out there.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
What I've observed is Verts usually go for less than an identical coupe. I say 1k or more, less than a comparable coupe. They made a fair amount of verts and more people want coupes than verts.

I bought my pretty mint 03 cobra from the original 65 yr old owner with less than 7500 miles last year for 24,500. I'd say that buying a car in your budget shouldn't be a problem.

That would be perfect! and that is awesome man! i would love one that low for that price and be a vert! just has to be mint no front license plate all paperwork etc which i am sure yours did.

What are you looking to do mod wise? 5k is an odd in-between amount, its either $2k-2500 or so to port/pulley, or $7-8k or so to do a blower swap.

And that red one is much nicer than the black 10th. The 10th would be sexy...if....it was A COUPE! :D I'm sorry i'm just not a vert guy.

Yeah I figure roughly $5k and mods include that i can remember off the top of my head (i have excel spreadsheet at home i know i am serious about my cars :D) here is a few i remember

pulley/port
jlt cf intake
wrinkle blue valve covers
coil covers
prochamber
stingers
mm cc plates
h&r ss
bumpsteer
irs bolt kit
wheels and tires (unsure on wheels that is dependent on color)

roughly $5500 according to my calculations all at retail pricing and no labor either

Verts sell for less than coupes. I think you should be able to buy exactly what you want for $24k. Problem is I see cars in the market section that are so overpriced it's ridiculous. I'm talking 30,000 miles for $25k.

I've sold two black coupes that were bone stock. I'm talking mint mint and mint condition. 1st had 6700 miles and the second 4200. Both sold for $27k ish.

My advice is to not over pay and don't even try negotiating with some of the board members on here who think theirs was touched by God. Fair prices are out there.

Yeah i dont get that people send me on like facebook cars like 25-30k+ miles for like you said $25k am i am like who pays that?!?!?

and those prices seem reasonable i am shocked gerrys 5k mileage coupe hasnt sold. and a few more miles and a vert then your two sold ones im looking awful good! thanks that is good to know!

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Only "price hiking" issue you'll have is that you're looking for a particular and unique color/package with eiher a mystichrome or a 10th...also you're really going to pay for one that is unmolested and stock-stockish.

Stick to your guns tho man when finding your perfect SVT! even if you want one that's hard to find. And the longer it takes you to find your perfect cobra, the more you can save up and less to finance!

Good luck with your search!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Only "price hiking" issue you'll have is that you're looking for a particular and unique color/package with eiher a mystichrome or a 10th...also you're really going to pay for one that is unmolested and stock-stockish.

Stick to your guns tho man when finding your perfect SVT! even if you want one that's hard to find. And the longer it takes you to find your perfect cobra, the more you can save up and less to finance!

Good luck with your search!

yeah i know unfortunatley i want one of the "price hiked" one lol only one i dont want is a comp orange which are way too expensive imo. Thanks man i hope to take my time and yes yes less to finance and more mod money to get piled up!! :beer:

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Your perfect cobra is out there man! Don't give up! For now just gorge on leftover turkey and hit the classifieds! Lol

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Your perfect cobra is out there man! Don't give up! For now just gorge on leftover turkey and hit the classifieds! Lol
Haha trust me I'm not. Won't be ready to buy until summer at the earlier next year just trying to get finances in order.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/191423966805?cmd=VIDESC

Just sayin...beautiful car. And I could hook you up with an awesome enclosed trailer shipping company that helped me years ago...

I ended up buying mine off eBay motors and had it shipped from Seminole TX to PA. :)

I've seen that one before! Exactly what I want! I don't think there is an 03/04 cobra with under 30k miles that I haven't seen online haha and I may have to take you up on that because I most likely won't find one local

memacon

A2 Go Blue!!
Established Member
I bought 2004 Oxford White vert with 10,348 miles. Mild mods BBK headers, TB and CAI. Borla exhaust with cats and SCT tune for $24k. Took over a year to find the car so be patient!!

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I bought 2004 Oxford White vert with 10,348 miles. Mild mods BBK headers, TB and CAI. Borla exhaust with cats and SCT tune for $24k. Took over a year to find the car so be patient!!

oh man that would be perfect!! that seems like a deal! and yeah that is the problem, being patient LOL

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Like I say ... make me an offer between 35k and 50k and you can have my 6k mile 2004 Mystichrome 'vert ..

Users who are viewing this thread