Price of 00R steering rack...

Rev Happy

Established Member
I'm looking for a new rack to put in my 96 Cobra. I came across a guy selling a new 00R rack (part # SPR VT) for 650 shipped... What do these typically go for?

Thanks

Rev Happy

Established Member
Thanks, but I'm looking for at least an 03/04 Cobra rack. My 96 Cobra has a full MM tubular front end and a built 04 IRS so I'm looking for the best handling racks. I was told the 00R is the best, followed by the 03/04 Cobra unit. I know you can't get the 00R units from Ford anymore, and was just wondering how much they typically go for.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I guess you will have to decide whether spending over 3x as much
for a steering rack is worth it.
You can get a lot of suspension mods for the 450 difference.

Bill Anderson

Established Member
when I bought my car, the front suspension took a lick and the rack had a lot of play, so I called svt, they indicated that an 03-4 cobra rack had the same ratio... so I found a new one and put er in....feels and drives fine...what is the difference between them?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
when I bought my car, the front suspension took a lick and the rack had a lot of play, so I called svt, they indicated that an 03-4 cobra rack had the same ratio... so I found a new one and put er in....feels and drives fine...what is the difference between them?

I believe it's the ratio? We'll have to get Mark or Toner in here to 'splain it.

last5liter

Established Member
Have a line up on a 00r rack. Seller says this one was one of three he bought in 07. The first went in his car. The second he sold for $$$$. This one he kept for a spare. But apparently after all these years feels he has no use for now.
The only catch is this one has the correct SPR code hand etched on the housing not laser dimpled??
Any thoughts on if this is a real 00r rack? Or possibly a remand motorcraft item for the 00r??? Or worse case a scam??

Users who are viewing this thread