Pro 5.0 or Steeda Triax? (search is disabled)

hotrod03

Resident Law Student
Established Member
Hey what's up? I am looking to buy an aftermarket shifter and I wanted to know whether to go with the Pro 5.0 or the Steeda. Any and all opinions on this matter are welcome. :beer: :beer: :beer:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I've never tested the Triax, but my pro 5.0 shifter with mgw handle is great. You can't go wrong with it.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I just ordered the same combo today. Looking forward to it, heard a lot of good things on this combo.

I had a steeda tri ax on my '01. No problems really, other than some noise, but you will have that anyways. You just have to quiet it down the best you can & live with it.

Just wanted to try the pro 5.0 this time around & it looks like the MGW handle is the way to go, get it exactly the way you want.

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
I would have to say the steeda tri-ax. It is very ridge with the steeda handle. But I would suggest putting the mgw handle with the rubber grommet. Give less vibration, and still has a very firm and postive feel to the shifts. Also the tri-ax in my case needed about a 1,000 miles before it got really good. Wouldn't go any other route...

mstngmatt

Established Member
Ordering a Pro-5.0 tomarrow....... Had great luck with one in my 93 cobra. Really ya can't go wrong either way!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the TriAx, but the Pro 5.0 is equally as good. As are a couple of others -- Hurst, Kirban, etc.

For those wanting a shift handle gasket for some sound insulation but don't want the bulk of the stock black piece I have a gasket set that includes a thin handle gasket, as well as a base gasket so that you don't need to use the messy sealer.

Users who are viewing this thread