Pro 5.0 Shifter Mods

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Hi guys,
Decided to get a little creative. I was not that fond of the short lever on the pro 5.0 shifter and had a "brainstorm". I still had some conversion bushing I had bought from BBK some years back to mount a stock shift lever onto a hurst shifter, so I decided to try them on my pro 5.0 shifter. The only parts I needed to complete this little mod was slightly longer bolts, so AHD ran up to Scotty's and purchased 2 8x1.25 30mm bolts, they are about 1/4" longer than the pro 5.0 bolts to make up the spacing from the bushings allowing the threads to go completely through the mount on the shifter body. This allows me to not have to lean so much when shifting and not punching the dash on the 2-3 shift, much more comfortable and gives me a little more leverage on the speed shifts. Another thing this cured was the buzzing I was getting in 5th and 6th gears with the pro 5.0 lever. It works for me!!!
Craiger

jeffsvt

Established Member
Nice job ! I thought about changing the shifter handle on my pro 5.0 shifter ! Is that the stock shifter handle ? I use to have the steeda handle on my pro 5.0 in my old GT and loved the feel . I was thinking about going back that route .

akaeric

Established Member
I have a tri-ax shifter and put the stock shifter handle which has that thick rubber insulater hooked to it and the stock bolts worked just fine and put it at the first set of holes and now the shifter is right there where it should of been next to the seat and the rubber stopped all the gear noise that a Tri-ax is known and no more reaching for the shifter.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
What about the Pro 5.0 with the MGW shift handle. I'm getting a Pro 5.0 shifter for Christmas and I already have the MGW shift handle.

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Yes thats the stock handle with old BBK bushings that they used to sell (maybe still do?) to adapt a stock lever to a hurst shifter. about 10 min. install, and only a slightly longer throw. Had the bushings sitting in my tool box so I tried it. I am sure the triax and MGW handles work just as well or better...

Users who are viewing this thread