Pro trubo kit or Hellionpower trubo kit

fastmustang70

Established Member
Am trying to deside which kit i should go with pro trubo kit or hellionpower for 03 cobra anyone have either with power numbers they maded looking to make big power Let me know Guys thanks Ron

TRBO VNM

What are your goals with the car?
What do you plan to do with the car, track, DD? and how often for each.
Do you have specific part material you need to have? stainless, mild steel?
How long do you want to wait for a kit after paying?

baldNittos04

Established Member
i like the PTK kit for the custom tubular manifolds, very sweet kit.
Problem is it would take 8-12months to get after you order it.

hellion

Last edited:

fastmustang70

Established Member
i like the way the ptk kit looks pretty much am a street racer for for cash so i need big power the car will have to drive like a sleeper so am really wondering if anyone has see the ptk in action or heard of power numbers

BoostedToy

Established Member
I had a 97' Cobra with a PTK kit. It churned out 864rwhp@22psi or so. HP was still climbing until we ran out of fuel at 5700rpm (fuel pumps couldn't keep up...the Weldon 2525 I replaced the other pumps with didn't have that problem). I am not sure what the final #'s would have been when I owned the car. You can look at some of the early, semi-tuned, dyno sheets on PTK's website. The only thing off is the boost #'s they referenced. I think the three levels were actually 10,16,21.5psi.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
fastmustang70 said:
Am trying to deside which kit i should go with pro trubo kit or hellionpower for 03 cobra anyone have either with power numbers they maded looking to make big power Let me know Guys thanks Ron

Which Pro Turbo kit (single or twin)?

If it's the single I'd go for the Hellion!

If it's the twin, it would be a tough call, but Hellion being on the shelf ready to ship would be awful tempting if your on time constraints!

JVENOM

Established Member
whats the difference between T an TT.....but you would be able to make more power/ at a conservative psi with a TT.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
T - Single turbo, bigger so it will create a better gain overall, but will lag somewhat

TT - Two smaller turbos that wont create as much power but turbo lag wont be as bad with a single turbo.

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
if i remember right. MM&FF did a TT on a 03-04 motor and pushed it all th way to 990 hp on " im thinking" completely stock engine. and im sure it wouldnt last long at that level, but dang, 900+ on stock set up, wow!!!!
that would be nasty on the street. but im sure the rear end would need to be changed to a solid, among other supporting mods.

JVENOM

Established Member
bamaRed said:
if i remember right. MM&FF did a TT on a 03-04 motor and pushed it all th way to 990 hp on " im thinking" completely stock engine. and im sure it wouldnt last long at that level, but dang, 900+ on stock set up, wow!!!!
that would be nasty on the street. but im sure the rear end would need to be changed to a solid, among other supporting mods.

TT, you can make more power half the size of a single and less lag.:coolman:

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
JVENOM said:
TT, you can make more power half the size of a single and less lag.:coolman:

im not so sure about that. you also have half of the exhaust energy pushing it. and, if you were to have a problem, you have two turbos to replace. im a fan of singles. besides, both the PTK and Hellion kits are singles.

if i was doing the work myself, and was driving the car alot, Hellion it is. i hate headers on a daily driven car, and the hellion kit is a little easier to install. now, if it was more of a weekend car, or race car, i would have a slightly larger (than 76mm) PTK kit.

TRBO VNM

not sure about you guys, but I race at the track, not the dyno.

there is more to a kit than single or twin and who has the highest hp/tq.

I personally would rather see someone make an educated decision about whatever kit really fits their needs and requirements.

look at kit material used, warranties, fitment, reliability, customer service

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
PTK TT Kit

31270d1162586988-stock-03-cobra-motor-w-twin-turbo-24-psi-manny-dyno-small-.jpg

A little video of the HPP (PTK) kit on a bone stock motor.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ef20691a-c6ca-4373-9030-98770170b36b.htm

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
not sure about you guys, but I race at the track, not the dyno.

there is more to a kit than single or twin and who has the highest hp/tq.

I personally would rather see someone make an educated decision about whatever kit really fits their needs and requirements.

look at kit material used, warranties, fitment, reliability, customer service

i agree 100%, for the simple fact that
guy one could have 700 hp on the dyno and cant get traction,
and
guy two, has 400 hp and sticks to the ground.

jsut cause guy one has all the power dont mean his car is faster, and guy two used his money smartly.
check that out. its a TT kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUST...tegoryZ33742QQihZ004QQitemZ140057491529QQrdZ1

joemayo

Established Member
I like the HP TT kit.. I know it's not the best fitment kit but it will work there's tons of cars out there with HP.. 01 Cobra recently put down 802whp with 50mm's at 23psi and runs 146mph in the 1/4...

fastmustang70

Established Member
Well am going to call ptk and see what there going to do for me see if i can really get the kit in like 8 weeks cause where am at the car is put up for the winter will have to see i let you guys know

Users who are viewing this thread