Pro trubo kit or Hellionpower trubo kit

fastmustang70

Established Member
The hellion kit also has a lot of cheaper parts in it has a stock mitsu bypass and they dont even give you headers uses yourstock heavy manifolds whats with that and then you have to buy all 99 cobra intake stuff that should come with it if you ask me but that just my Opinion

customperforman

Drivin the Big Iron
Established Member
fastmustang70 said:
The hellion kit also has a lot of cheaper parts in it has a stock mitsu bypass and they dont even give you headers uses yourstock heavy manifolds whats with that and then you have to buy all 99 cobra intake stuff that should come with it if you ask me but that just my Opinion
they use the mitsu bpv as they are running a draw through (vs blow through setup). for the hp that kit will make, it will work fine. i keep seeing people caught up on the manifolds vs header thing. john has tested various setups and has found that the intake side of the housing becomes a restriction long before the exhaust. infact, the cast iron seems to hold the heat in and help the turbo spool. i agree about the intake stuff.

what i want to know is why there is not much of a price difference between the single and twins kit. does the price for ss equal the price of a second turbo?

TRBO VNM

fastmustang, lot of cheaper parts?

I think some of you should do more research. way too many assumptions.

The hellion kits that come standard with the mitsu bypass are for the 62mm standard base kits. when you go with the 66mm kit the race bypass is needed because of the potential power. the terminator kit comes standard with the 76mm and race bypass.

that is the only part you mention and only thing anyone might be able to consider cheaper..man, that is a lot of cheap parts. gimme a break.

all piping is stainless steel. not the mild coated crap. Ask MJChip how many times he has coated his HP pipes. all stainless steel piping from hellion has lifetime warranty. turbo has 1yr unconditional warranty and I can vouge for that after my accident and paid $0 for it to be fixed since it was within the yr warranty.

the only kit that comes with headers is the fox kit because of the design. the 96+ kits don't need headers. testing has been done as stated and as also stated the stock manifolds hold in heat, which if you did your research you would know that is what you want for a turbo application. I might test out some ported/coated stock manifolds, but it isn't something I am rushing to do. JBA headers were tested and the caused the kit to lose big power. No need for them. Less you have to replace, less you have to potentially maintain and able to keep the cost reasonable.

ground clearance on the 99-04 that I can vouge for has never been a factor that I have seen. I am sure there are people who love the low rider look and may have some issue, but every kit I have sold and others I have seen post have not had an issue. typically when spending the money on something like this, people are serious about their car, power and mods and not in it for a low rider. go buy a truck.

I had my 04 down about 1.5", maybe more in the front and 1-1.5" in the rear and never had a problem. nice clean looking stance. not too low and not too high. looked lower, but not slammed by any means. that should be a null point for the 99-04 that I can speak of.

piping is not runng in every which direction. there are 2 pipes. one on each side that run under the K where the a-arms attach.

the reason they don't have the 99/01 parts in the terminator kit is because of other options out there. you can find all that stuff so much cheaper than buying brand new. And some people buy the sullivan intake as well and get that to work. There is no need for any shop to stock all those parts for all the kits and then have the customers delete them from the kit because they found them used and cheaper. makes no sense.

sure, if you build one kit at a time and the customer waits 4weeks to 6months for the kit, then there isn't much overhead.

Hellion prides itself on making a quality kit that just about anyone with standard tools, jacks and jackstand could install, get tuned and make big power, have the kit in stock ready to ship within a couple of days of paying and run great numbers. and offer great customer service to boot.

every kit has haters. I just hate the inaccuracies some people post. there is plenty I can say about all the other kits, but why bother. do the research, you will see.

Jason

Last edited:

fastmustang70

Established Member
i just thing there kit is high priced for the little of stuff you get for the price they should include some type of intake for that and i hate to tell you if you upgrade the trubo to a ball bearing there is about a two week wait time on that.

TRBO VNM

fastmustang70 said:
i just thing there kit is high priced for the little of stuff you get for the price they should include some type of intake for that and i hate to tell you if you upgrade the trubo to a ball bearing there is about a two week wait time on that.

I know there is a wait time on ball bearing turbo's. I have one and have ordered many for others. not sure what the big deal is on that. very inexpensive upgrade at $400 compared to one of the other brands that charges $1400 for a ball bearing upgrade.

what I find funny is people will wait 1-6 months for a kit to be built and sometimes longer and not really bitch, but to wait 2-4 weeks for a ball bearing turbo is just unacceptable. kinda ironic. if anything Hellion has set the standard for delivery of these kits.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
After seeing both in person yesterday side by side I would Definitely go with the PTK kit.

The Hellion hangs WAY LOW. So low in fact it has to split 1 tube into 2 and back into 1 just to give a little more clearence. (At least thats the only reason I can see for splitting a single pipe into 2 and right back into 1.)

The over all fit and finish is nicer on the PTK and power has been proven.

I'm not saying that the Hellion is all bad because it does have nice tubing and very nice welds and whatnot. I just don't like how it fits.

If I was doing something this extreme with my car I would wait the time and get the PTK kit instead of having a kit I just settled for. Just my $.02

J

Janstang

After talking to John in person at Hellion and discussing every aspect of their kit, from piping to turbo upgrades to you name it. The guy knows his shit, is great to talk to and I have seen how the piping is routed and I wouldn't think twice about getting his setup, which come April I will be doing. To each his own, just don't spread around inaccuracies about whats out there..

TRBO VNM

Janstang said:
To each his own, just don't spread around inaccuracies about whats out there..

exactly. that is my only beef about these websites. you can have your own opinion. But that opinion should be based on factual data and a lot of what I have seen posted is not factual.

if you have a problem or don't like the way piping is ran, so be it. The kits are designed based on experience and a lot of R&D before they are put into production. if there is a problem or something is encountered with anything, they are willing to work with the customer as well. very good customer service and with dealers now in the US, it is very easy to obtain help from others if needed. Especially if the dealers are on the forums regularly like myself.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Janstang said:
After talking to John in person at Hellion and discussing every aspect of their kit, from piping to turbo upgrades to you name it. The guy knows his shit, is great to talk to and I have seen how the piping is routed and I wouldn't think twice about getting his setup, which come April I will be doing. To each his own, just don't spread around inaccuracies about whats out there..
I hope this was not aimed at me. I too have been to both places and talked to both John and Manny.
I have been in the Mustang scene since 1986. A good friend of mine is friends with John and I am good friends with Manny. Both know a lot about Mustangs and both race. Both know what it takes to make a good system. With that being said I still prefer the PTK kit that Manny designed better.

This place look familiar?
Hellion.

127412.jpg

127413.jpg

HPP.

127415.jpg

95381.jpg

Cheers. :beer:

Last edited:

-Wade-

Established Member
04sleeper said:
HPP.

95381.jpg

Cheers. :beer:

Thats the HPP kit that Pro Turbo Produces.

After the incredible demand for these kits, our first two production runs have sold out! We are not worried about overhead as of now, we hope to have a huge production run to have these kits on the shelf and ready to go whenever and whoever wants one.:banana: :banana: :banana:

fastmustang70

Established Member
just so you guys know all hpp kits Are pro trubo kits hpp does not make them. hey trubo vem i did not say a whole lot bad i said that was my own opinion that was it.

Users who are viewing this thread