problem with valve body

Qtr Horse

Established Member
I just installed a valve body in my 01 on Friday. I just don't see what the big deal is. It just doesn't seem worth the money I paid for it. Is it possible I got a bad one, or will they take a little bit to loosen up? The truck does shift a little bit harder than stock but definetaly not a $200 difference. Normal driving the only difference is it takes longer than stock to shift. Wide open there a little kick but nothing like I read when doing a search. Does this sound normal or I'm expecting too much. :shrug:

jdm99svt

jdm99svt
Established Member
Qtr Horse said:
The truck does shift a little bit harder than stock but definetaly not a $200 difference. Normal driving the only difference is it takes longer than stock to shift.

sounds like you got something not quite right there buddy....I just put a FTVB in mine 2 weeks ago and immeditately I noticed a huge improvement in shift speed & quality......stock my 1-2 shift was ok but the 2-3 was so SLOW and now my 1-2 is wicked cool & fast, and the 2-3 is sooooo much better than before ( the 3-4 seems faster but I haven't tried that one WOT yet cuz its been raining so much here ) :bored:

have you made sure the fluid is full? if it was low that may cause it to hang on the upshifts? otherwise if you KNOW you did everything else correctly I would contact the company you bought it from and discuss your concerns with them...

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Qtr Horse said:
I just installed a valve body in my 01 on Friday. I just don't see what the big deal is. It just doesn't seem worth the money I paid for it. Is it possible I got a bad one, or will they take a little bit to loosen up? The truck does shift a little bit harder than stock but definetaly not a $200 difference. Normal driving the only difference is it takes longer than stock to shift. Wide open there a little kick but nothing like I read when doing a search. Does this sound normal or I'm expecting too much. :shrug:

No it sounds like somthing is not right your shifts under normal driving should be faster and under WOT Fast and Hard.
Did you put the right trans fluid back in it? (Mercon)
Have you checked the fluid level again?
Who's Valve body Is it?

Qtr Horse

Established Member
I put Mercon back in, not Mercon V. I checked the fluid level, it's OK. It does shift harder than stock, just not what I was expecting. After doing many searches it sounded like this was the must have mod. I'm just not impressed for a $200 mod. This is why I was trying to find out if this sounds normal. I would rather not say who's valve body it is until I get the issue resolved. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread