Problems after TRYING to install 2.8 and chip..

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
Last night i installed the 2.80 pulley and set to install the chip for the 2.80 pulley but when we went to start it with the chip the fan would come on at electricat star(before the keys fully over) and the fuel pump just would not come on at all:mj: however the engine was turning over, so we started it without the chip and it started fine, but i cant go past 2k rpms i fear creating boost and blowing my engine, we thin k the problem is with the aftermarket alarm, it was on when i bought the car...

only other modifications include Borla at-Back, JLT TRUE CAI, and centerforce clutch, MGW Shifter

any helpwould be great and thanks in advance

P.S. the chip is Superchips

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
chip?

you are the first terminator i have read on this board to actually install a chip for about 3years or so. they are all doing the flash tuner anymore. did you purchase it new?

i don't have much advice other than just dump the physical chip and get an sct tuner

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
yeah like said before ditch the chip. might not be the right one for your car as all the places i have seen that offer chips for the 03-4 cobras require the car's computer code to get the right chip

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
yeah like said before ditch the chip. might not be the right one for your car as all the places i have seen that offer chips for the 03-4 cobras require the car's computer code to get the right chip. so just to be safe ditch it for a better option like a sct or diablo hand held. if your able to a dyno tume would be the best thing.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we sell the flash tuners for $399 either SCT,Diablosport or Sniper
this is a shipped price with a free custom program and life time revisions at no charge no matter what you add to the vehicle as long as you remain an Amazon customer

there is no one who has more experience with the 03/04 cobra tuning than Rick
check out his backround and qualifications www.amazonracing.com or in our fourm here on the main page

Users who are viewing this thread