Problems with my cobra stalling?

ORANGE04SVT

Established Member
I am having a problem with my cobra stalling, it only seems to stall once when I bring it to a complete stop.... after it stalls that one time it seems to run fine for the rest of the trip. The weird thing is that is does not stall everytime that I drive it either. Within the past month I have installed kooks long tubes, 2.76 pulley and idlers, and had the car custom tuned . If I remember correctly the car stalled before the mods. Just in case it matters it is an '04 with approx. 3,000 miles. What may be causing this problem?

fr03cobra

Established Member
ford had a tsb on it for 03. I don't recall them having it on the 04's. Mine was reflashed because of the stall.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
It definately sounds like "the stall", but I wouldnt have thought an 04 would give you that problem :shrug:

93tealcoupe

Established Member
I got my 03 with 1,000 miles on it last summer and it had the stall, went to ford they reflashed the computer problem solved. It was so annoying when i had it, all set now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you have your ECU reflashed you will have to also update your custom tune with the same code. I know with a chip the chip overrides the stock tune and the stall-fix is no longer read. I would assume the same applies to a custom SVT tune. If so, remember that the stall doesn't usually occur frequently. In my case the events were months apart. So if your custom tune wasn't updated it might just be a coincidence that you haven't experienced the stall again. If I am wrong about a flash-type tune please correct me.

Users who are viewing this thread