problems with the L

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
i had problems starting the other day. i drove it to a car show in the mid after noon and then around 10 i get in and attemp to start and everything was fine until i tried to turn it over.everything just cut out, i had no power. i got someone to jump me and i got it started and then on the way home i looked and the volt gauge and it was bouncing around. so i brought my batter over to the mobil station to put a volt meter on it and it put out 12 volts which is normal. i brought it home and put it back in the truck and tried to start and it started no problem. i turned it off and tried again and it started right up again. i then put the volt meter on the battery while the truck was running to check if the alternator was working and it put out 14 volts or something which the voltmeter said was good.

im confused as to what is going on and was wondering if someone could help me out.

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
what kinds of things should i be looking for? should i just look for a bad connection from one of the cables or is there something else that might be causing this problem?

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
another thing to do is to have a friend start the truck while your looking at the cable ends. if you see "stuff" blow out from between the cable and the end it is bad-even if it doesn't look bad. you can also look for sparks at start up. that will indicate a bad connection.

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Did you get it figured out?

yea i got it figured out. just a bad connection. thanks for all the comments it was very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread