problems with whipple 2.9 (GT500)

insanity

Established Member
i was woundering if its true that alot of problems with the whipple 2.9 1000hp kit , alot of people as i heared broke them time and time again, they are not sold by evolution performance or cut out in other words , so i would like to educate my self from lethal performance and owners of whipple 2.9 about such issue , true or faulse?

thanx

insanity

Established Member
anyone ?

cuz am not sure wether to take the 1000hp kit from whipple , or the stage 2 tvs kit with upgraded upper and lower , all help is appreciated :rockon:

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
the kit hasn't been out long enough to have had "a lot of problems". I haven't heard of any issues, try calling Lethal or Whipple on the phone and asking if thier having problems.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i was woundering if its true that alot of problems with the whipple 2.9 1000hp kit , alot of people as i heared broke them time and time again, they are not sold by evolution performance or cut out in other words , so i would like to educate my self from lethal performance and owners of whipple 2.9 about such issue , true or faulse?

thanx

Pretty funny that the people that told you that are the same ones trying to sell you another brand supercharger. However in the meantime they still list and advertise those blowers on their site.

All you have to do is search around a bit and you'll see many running the 2.9L with great success.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/634048-track-tonight-09-09-09-a.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/597838-my-2007-whippled-gt500-home.html

New 2.9 Whipple installed - Team Shelby

SLGT750 Whipple 2.9 results!!!! - Team Shelby

Pretzel's 2.9L Whipple Results!!!! - Team Shelby

Let's also not forget that the same 2.9L Whipple is now endorsed and sold by Ford Racing. They were more than comfortable to put their name on it so there's no reason to be afraid to run one.

In addition to that the 2.9L comes standard on EVERY Supersnake that Shelby Performance builds. Again, Shelby is comfortable with Whipple's products so there's no reason why you shouldn't be. It's a no brainer.

Lastly,
As far as problems go there have been only 2 known cases concerning the 2.9L. You can read more about that here.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/8805623-post69.html

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

insanity

Established Member
thanks jared so much , i even tried callin ya the other day but the number never goes through , since am callin you international so if u have any number different from the one listed , plz let me know thx

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thanks jared so much , i even tried callin ya the other day but the number never goes through , since am callin you international so if u have any number different from the one listed , plz let me know thx

My pleasure.

You can reach us at our local number anytime which is 561-753-8105.

Please give us a call if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

You can always try to email me or anyone else if that is easier for you. We have no problem dealing through email for International customers.

Thanks,
Matt

EX1

Established Member
no one wants to share their expereince in their 2.9 whipple set up ? thanks matt and jared again

there isnt much to say except if you get a whipple 2.9 you are going to whoop some ass:burnout:

insanity

Established Member
wht is the maximum mount of whp on stock fuel system with lethals 2.9 kit ? and how much extra could we pull out of the BOOST A BUMP added to the stock fuel system alone ? either on race or pump fuel , anyone ? an estimate or accurate info would help, expereinces with BAP would help as well . thanks everyone

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
wht is the maximum mount of whp on stock fuel system with lethals 2.9 kit ? and how much extra could we pull out of the BOOST A BUMP added to the stock fuel system alone ? either on race or pump fuel , anyone ? an estimate or accurate info would help, expereinces with BAP would help as well . thanks everyone

With the 72lb injectors you can support 725rwhp pretty safely without a BAP. With a BAP you should be able to support 800+rwhp but still need the injectors.

We're working on another solution to support 800rwhp without the use of the BAP but it's still not available.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Does it fit with the FRPP brace on a stock inlet tube?

When will the FRPP part be out?

insanity

Established Member
jared , matt helped me out so much in my order which ill get from u guys , u guys really got amazin communication skills and pateince , keep up the good work ..

back to the BAP , BAP switch is got a couple of levels, i think 4 levels , which one will we use with junlunds tuning and maps .. , i guess we switch to level 4 which is the highest when are on race fuel to support more fuel and run middle to a mid tune , and the lowest level is for pump gas , sorry if my answer looks stuiped but i have never seen a BAP before or used it , am just tryin to understand it , so i could convince my self in gettin it and add it to ur kit which ill be buying to support as much whp as possiable without messing up the amazing kit u guys will provide me . thx again

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
jared , matt helped me out so much in my order which ill get from u guys , u guys really got amazin communication skills and pateince , keep up the good work ..

back to the BAP , BAP switch is got a couple of levels, i think 4 levels , which one will we use with junlunds tuning and maps .. , i guess we switch to level 4 which is the highest when are on race fuel to support more fuel and run middle to a mid tune , and the lowest level is for pump gas , sorry if my answer looks stuiped but i have never seen a BAP before or used it , am just tryin to understand it , so i could convince my self in gettin it and add it to ur kit which ill be buying to support as much whp as possiable without messing up the amazing kit u guys will provide me . thx again

Thanks Moe!

We definitely look forward to assisting you.

In regards to the BAP when we put your tune request in with Jon he'll recommend what level to put it on. I believe it's going to stay at that same level unless he specifies otherwise. We'll provide you with all that information though once we request the tune.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

Users who are viewing this thread