Procharged 97 Cobra vs Turbo Supra

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Last Thursday night I was leaving the gym when I saw a Supra drive by. I catch up to him and do a slight fly by letting off just as I pass his window so that way he could hear my bypass valve. He does the same and I hear his blow off vavle. From there it was on! From a 40mph roll I put 1 to 1.5 car lenghts on him. I don't know the final speed because I was trying to watch the road and rpms. We slowed down about 250-300 meters from the next red light I said I was going right and he said he was going left. This way we could get out of dodge. Only problem was there was a person in the right turn lane trying to go straight and a red arrow in the left. We were there for probably 15 seconds stuck behind traffic then a bike cop shows up. BUSTED! He was going the opposite direction on the road and saw us. And traffic had slowed us down long enough for him to catch up. Long story short we were arrested and taken to jail, and had our cars impounded. I go to court on Friday.

Last edited:

96 myst

Established Member
This was in AZ? I wondered what the penalty for street racing here was. Sorry about your misfortune!!!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
This was in AZ? I wondered what the penalty for street racing here was. Sorry about your misfortune!!!

They are getting really serious reguarding stret racing. They could throw the book at me. I doubt that they will becasue I have a clean record with no tickets. And I have a very good military background. I wiil definately get a fine of at least $500 and probably 5 nights in jail. But thats probably the best that could happen. I could be looking at up to 30 days in jail, up to 90 days suspension of my license and up to $2500 of fines. This has made me come to realize that street racing is not worth the risk. Plus its just really dangerous. And the only thing I have coming out of this is that I was able to slay the import god.

02SVTV6

Established Member
beating some slow ass supra is not worth jail or 500$ to pay up...supra prolly made no more then 400rwhp lol

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Well I see that supercharger I sold you is kicking butt, Have fun and radar detector FTW. My turbo setup will be starting next week ABOUT TIME.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
beating some slow ass supra is not worth jail or 500$ to pay up...supra prolly made no more then 400rwhp lol

True. The Supra was making in the neighborhood of 400rwhp. He had a boost controler, exhaust, upgraded intercooler etc. Still running the stock turbo's. Chances are I wont be doing any racing on the street any more. Especially because street racing in AZ is an automatic 8 points on your license. So one more speeding ticket, running a stop sign, ANYTHING, will result in a permanent suspension of my license for the next 24 months.

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
Gah, Internet died temporarily on me, and when it came back I refreshed the page and didn't see my post, and now it's a double post :(. Mods, delete this please? Thanks!

Last edited:

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
wow, that started as a real good story and now the jail time and such. Good luck and hire an attorney. That is what I suggest. and good kill.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Damn, way to ruin a good story by getting caught...seriously though, good luck in court! If nothing else I hope you get your ride back, it sounds badass!

Qwk GT

Established Member
That sucks man. I don't really street race anymore, and stopped when the laws seemed to get more strict. Just don't want to get my car impounded. Good luck

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
wait until your insurance gives you a call
I'm really not excited about that day. I'm actually going to switch insurance companies so that way I can keep my same rates for the next 6 months. From what I understand your policy doesn't change because it is an agreement. But when it renews they can increase rates. I can only imagine how much I will be getting burned for this one.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
That sucks man. I don't really street race anymore, and stopped when the laws seemed to get more strict. Just don't want to get my car impounded. Good luck

Yea this incident has really turned me off to street racing. So I'm actually going to slowly turn my car into a road course car. From what some of my friends tell me its a much bigger rush than drag racing. I was able to get my car back after a week. And when I did I noticed that it had a llittle over 100 miles on the odometer from when I got pulled over......they probably went to lunch in my car every day last week.

Users who are viewing this thread