Procharged 97 Cobra vs Turbo Supra

scarface1119

Established Member
thats sucks bud!!!!!! get a lawer happen to me:( ... lawer cost a ton but i got off ..sry about your luck

TrickStang37

Established Member
I'm really not excited about that day. I'm actually going to switch insurance companies so that way I can keep my same rates for the next 6 months. From what I understand your policy doesn't change because it is an agreement. But when it renews they can increase rates. I can only imagine how much I will be getting burned for this one.

You're insurance company can charge you the extra once you get formally charged and convicted of the racing and make you retro-pay the months that they missed. If you don't pay, they'll send you to collections for the amount.

I know, I went through the same thing 7 years ago. I ended up with a reckless driving, 2 years court probation and $500. I'm sure the street racing fine is worse now. Here in cali, racing is pretty much the same as DUI, your insurance will maybe double (mine did).

Last edited:

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
So can they actually drive your car like that??

yeah, no kidding......there are plenty of laws against street racing but when it comes to someone else enjoying an impound vehicle, where are the laws against that? I'd think it would be pretty much like grand theft auto (not the game obviously)

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
So you were just on one of the main streets out here? Not the highway? That sucks man, hopefully all works out best. I read stuff like this and it makes me not ever want to get on mine.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
yeah, no kidding......there are plenty of laws against street racing but when it comes to someone else enjoying an impound vehicle, where are the laws against that? I'd think it would be pretty much like grand theft auto (not the game obviously)

One would think. But unfortunately I have no recourse because I can't prove that they did it. Even though I know what my milage was before it was impounded I have no documented proof of it. And the impound yard does not log how many miles are on the vehicle before or after. I checked all my paper work.

wma8706

Established Member
Honestly live and learn. Be lucky that nobody was hurt. Street racing is not worth it...even if we have it is in our blood. It's an adrenalin rush if you get away with it but FU*&ked if you don't. Almost like drugs. Be smart ....stay safe and keep it at the tracks. I'm sure most of us have been there and done that. Be the better man and don't let your ego take the better of you.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Honestly live and learn. Be lucky that nobody was hurt. Street racing is not worth it...even if we have it is in our blood. It's an adrenalin rush if you get away with it but FU*&ked if you don't. Almost like drugs. Be smart ....stay safe and keep it at the tracks. I'm sure most of us have been there and done that. Be the better man and don't let your ego take the better of you.

Thats the way I'm looking at all of this now. Racing on the street just isnt a good idea. I have raced on the street more times than I can count but this was the only time I've been caught. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Now I see street racing for what it is and I'm over it. Im not going to condemn any one on here for doing it. But for me I see it now as being dangerous, irresponsible and immature. I have a real need for that adrenaline rush especially after comming back from Iraq but I have to find a safe alternative for other peoples sake. The last thing I want is some one else to get hurt because I needed a rush. So I'm going to open track my car and eventually run in the silver state classic. Probabaly 150 mph class. But I do want to make my car go 200 mph on a closed course.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
And when I did I noticed that it had a llittle over 100 miles on the odometer from when I got pulled over......they probably went to lunch in my car every day last week.

:fm:NO MATTER WHAT! You have no right to break the law, or step outta line in anyway. But these F***s can just go joyriding in your car!?!

I guarantee these kooks were'nt driving the speed limit and following all the laws when they were JOYRIDING your car!!!! :cuss:

Just another incidence of this double standard crap! You really need to ask your lawyer about this, just to make sure if you have rights or not.

I'm glad I saw this though, thanks for sharing. If any of my vehicles are ever impounded, or if I'm ever pulled over for something that I think they might impound them for, I'm taking a cellphone pic of the odometer!

Sorry to hear your misfortune but the thought of them playing with your car after you're getting dry anal raped for doing the same thing, and it's YOUR car, that you supercharged. I'm just mad now.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I guess that's one positive to moving to Louisiana. There is no point system here, and unless things have changed, they just give you a ticket for drag racing. Ask me how I know....

:fm:NO MATTER WHAT! You have no right to break the law, or step outta line in anyway. But these F***s can just go joyriding in your car!?!

I guarantee these kooks were'nt driving the speed limit and following all the laws when they were JOYRIDING your car!!!! :cuss:

Just another incidence of this double standard crap! You really need to ask your lawyer about this, just to make sure if you have rights or not.

Without starting a debate about street racing, I just want to say I feel your frustration. I understand it's a danger and people can and do get killed. My problem with the absolute crap laws regarding it are that car manufacturers keep turning out faster and faster cars. Why? That's like legalizing weed and making it illegal to smoke it. I just DO NOT understand the mentality.

The thing is, with all the cars out there with more than 250 hp, there are literaly millions of people that are out there "having fun" on the road all the time. I have seen PLENTY of people exercising the legs of their cars to cut off others on the road all the time. How is that much different that street racing?

Sure, I don't want it LEGAL to have dumbass kids tearing down my neighborhood going for the gold, but I do think some of the penalties are totaly out of control. Taking your car? Taking your car and turning it into a police car? Taking your car and making you watch as they smash it? And that insurance company policy mentioned above is just about f---ing stupid. How the hell are you going to CHARGE me for extra risk in the past? It's bad enough that insurance companies are the rapists they are already, now they are going back in time to stick it in further?

Last edited:

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Oh and yeah I don't wanna race on the street either.
The closest 1/4 mile track around here is 1 hour 20min (that's if you break another law and go 85mph).

I don't know what it actually takes at 75mph and all the construction zones we've had for the past 5 years on I-25!?

But are they gonna build anymore tracks? Hell no, they could care less! They're making a fortune off busting us! We have nowhere to go! Track night is once a week, and only a few weeks left for the season. Last I went, I was there for 5.5hrs and I got 3 runs. Wow woopty do! 3 runs...:rollseyes

I really believe they would just rather we all file in and don't have any fun at all:nono:. Just get in your hybrid and go to work guy. Well at least that's the way it is up here in this libral ass college town.

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Yep. There is no snow here, and as long as I have been in Baton Rouge, I don't recall seeing ice on the road. Before moving to LA, I lived in the suburbs of Detroit and let me tell you, I cannot fathom how that city became so famous for street racing and musclecars. There is NO WAY I could only own a rear drive car in that snow packed area. Not to even mention the crater infested roads.

The only problem with this area is the stupid humidity, and the fact that things run a little differently in Louisiana. Not quite good ole boy, but not exactly forward thinking either. I will say that Baton Rouge is a LOT better than Shreveport in terms of civilization.

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
sorry to hear you got busted. i always wanted to put a killswitch in my car. maybe thats a good idea for people?

Users who are viewing this thread