Procharged C6 Z06 vs. Porsche Carrera GT

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
crazy,, wouldnt a c6 z06 give a carrera gt a fairly good run even without the procharger? i think it would.

Fast Willy

Established Member
Yes they are good runs stock. Even a well equipped cobra with whipple and supporting mods and a significant amount of boost will take the Porsche. Its been done ;)

The first race was given to the Porsche because if spinning and driver error.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
crazy,, wouldnt a c6 z06 give a carrera gt a fairly good run even without the procharger? i think it would.

It's a C6 in the video, and a CGT would run away from a stock C6z anyways. They weigh 3,000lbs with 605hp. :rockon:

venomws6

Established Member
Thats not C6 ZO6 its MTI C6 427CI with F1 Procharger Dynoed 750+rwhp with 9psi it also have C6 ZO6 Body parts.
The car had alot alot of traction problems the roll was from 40mph.

Car is in K.S.A Saudi Arabia.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thats not C6 ZO6 its MTI C6 427CI with F1 Procharger Dynoed 750+rwhp with 9psi it also have C6 ZO6 Body parts.
The car had alot alot of traction problems the roll was from 40mph.

Car is in K.S.A Saudi Arabia.

Thans for the background info. :rockon:

z06_23_45

Established Member
Looks like the CGT won..:shrug: Anything can happen on the street, the CGT is a 131mph car stock! It's also 100lbs lighter with 100hp more..;-)

Yes it won, it didn't RUN AWAY from the Z. The Z06 is 127mph car stock!

I love the CGT, don't get me wrong, but the Z is an awesome machine.

slowtealz28

Established Member
I love the new Z's, awesome cars for the money no matter how you look at it. Just wish some of the drivers weren't such doucebags. I drive a C5, and today a blue C6Z came up behind me and rode my ass on a 2 lane road(he wasnt able to get next to me because of another car), I honestly wanted to just slam on my breaks. Most corvette guys are usually laid back and just wave and cruise on by, but this guy was a royal douche. I hope I see his car wrapped around a pole.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Yes it won, it didn't RUN AWAY from the Z. The Z06 is 127mph car stock!

I love the CGT, don't get me wrong, but the Z is an awesome machine.

If you watch that second run you can see the CGT pulling hard before he lets off, the last run if they kept going the CGT would have kept on pulling. I agree that both are awesome machines, but 131mph vs 127mph is a pretty big difference, as is 100hp more and 100lbs less weight is. I think drivers played a big role in the outcome of that video, also the CGT doesn't do as well from a stop as it does once it's already going.

Users who are viewing this thread