Procharged LX trade for my Cobra

97cobraheaven

Established Member
So do you guys feel this would be a good trade? What do you feel the Fox is worth? I know it would be a lot harder to get the same money selling the Fox compared to the Cobra.. I dont have pics of the car yet and i am getting other info first, just want to know what you guys think.

Mods are as follow:

AFR 165 heads
E-cam
1.7 rockers
Bassani Equal Lengths
Dr. Gas 3 in. X-pipe
Flowmaster Delta Force II Catback
Prochager P600B with 2-core intercooler
Cobra intake
Accufab 65 mm T/B
30 LB injectors
C@L 78 mm M/M
MSD wires, coil, and digital 6 box Also has a MSD billet Dist.
Fluiddamper harmonic balancer
3:37 gears
Tremmec 3550
SPEC STG 2 Clutch
Pro-5.0 Shifter
All. driveshaft
4 wheel disc brakes
Adj. lower control arms (installed)
Adj. upper control arms (not installed)

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Is this a coupe or hatch.
i miss my old coupe, and plan on buying another down the line some where.

COBRASVT

Established Member
Procharged P600B, 2 core int, 30lb inj's, 3.37 rear end gears.... I don't think this thing is gonna be that much faster than ur Cobra and there's not a lot of room for growth either.

Are you trading him ur car and he's giving you money?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
COBRASVT said:
Procharged P600B, 2 core int, 30lb inj's, 3.37 rear end gears.... I don't think this thing is gonna be that much faster than ur Cobra

I beg to differ. Unless Cobraheaven's car ways 2800 lbs. and has well over 300 at the wheels.
Also, I assume the gears are a misprint. Probably should be 3.73s:coolman:

97cobraheaven

Established Member
not sure if its a hatch or notch. im finding out the mileage and all that. What is the best case scenario for this car? Im sure it will take some money plus the Fox for my car..

COBRASVT

Established Member
badass98svt said:
I beg to differ. Unless Cobraheaven's car ways 2800 lbs. and has well over 300 at the wheels.
Also, I assume the gears are a misprint. Probably should be 3.73s:coolman:
But not a HP monster with room to grow is what I'm getting at. I don't think it would be enough to make him want to swap. If it had 450-550 HP, sure. My .02.

crystal_SVT

Established Member
COBRASVT said:
Procharged P600B, 2 core int, 30lb inj's, 3.37 rear end gears.... I don't think this thing is gonna be that much faster than ur Cobra and there's not a lot of room for growth either.

umm no offense but what you on!?! that LX is MUCH faster than his cobra cobra.. that LX is pushin close to 400 at the tires ill bet with those heads and the procharger.. im reallly doubtin his cobra is puttin that much down lmao. as far as room to grow, the 5.0 as a ton more potential parts wise and price wise than the 4V. so i dont understand your logic here.. sorry man

Last edited:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
If the car is in good condition I say go for it. The fox will be a lot of fun and parts are dirt cheap. It wont be the most reliable car but parts are so cheap and it's already fully modded so its definatly worth it in my opinion. Go for it!!

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yes...... With those heads and that supercharger that car is making at least 400 rwhp. With just H/C/I he would prob be making close to 300. With the boost it just comes down to how much psi. But the intercooler will help. As far as not very much room to grow.... Um the options are almost enless with the 5.0 What about upping the boost or switching to AFR185. Actually the options would seem to run out for the cobra.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
crazycarlo said:
.... Um the options are almost enless with the 5.0 What about upping the boost or switching to AFR185. Actually the options would seem to run out for the cobra.

+1

Think about how much you can do to a 5.0 with $1000 compared to what you can do to a DOHC4.6 with $1000. Even if money ISNT an issue for you, theres so much potential for a strong 5.0.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
well i got some pics of the car and a little more info. 89,xxx original on the car with 10-15k on the new parts (heads,cam...) It is an LX Hatch back that by no means looks as good as my car, but it ran a 12.3 with only 5lbs of boost. ususally sees 6-8 but was humid that day, or so was said. Was an original 4 cylinder car, so everything has been changed, full drivetrain. I will post the pics soon.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Did you find out how much EXTRA $$$ he will be giving you?
Have you driven the car? Any loud squeeks/rattles?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
COBRASVT said:

Oh dear god, Please tell me you are kidding.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
i have yet to personally see the car. im sure he is thinkin straight trade, i mean, there is a lot of stuff put into it. Im am kinda relying on you guys to tell me how much cash if any should be added.

Anthony_Z

Established Member
How many miles since the build? I wouldnt recomend a car built by someone unknown as a daily........Also, do a leakdown test if you can

Users who are viewing this thread