procharged z06 vs procharged mach1 in mass

fastbacon

Banned
just curious if anyone on here drives a yellow procharged z06 in mass, that may have ran into my red procharged mach1 a little ways back.....just wasnt sure if you watch this forum if so id love to hear what your numbers were. im sure you were curious about mine as well....

Fast Willy

Established Member
there is a guy on here whos family does have 3 of them. one of which is procharged, one with spray and the other heads cams but I dont remember where he was from.

fastbacon

Banned
sorry for the wait.....the mach1 won with 464rwhp( old set up) and walked away with 2 cars....60-125.....this happened both times.......

i know a 60 roll isnt the best for the z06 by any means, but its perfect for mine with 410s..

1st run.....i thought a had an air leak being I only beat him by two cars.....I could usually crush these.....i then heard the bov coming from the z06.....he goes ...WHAT YOU GOT IN THAT THING.....me-PROCHARGED.......me- WHAT ARE YOU RUNNING? him- PROCHARGED TOO...

he told me he ran 11.3s up at epping....( i was trapping 123 at the time...in the mid 11's)

2nd race was the same result....won by 2 cars.....i was killing myself that i didnt have a camera......

main issue was i couldnt figure out how I won......im assuming he just couldnt drive well or just had a sh*t tune(not to mention the 60mph roll on)....with even 6psi(which is what id assume he had, hed be in the 500-540 range.....

either way it was funny because im sure he doesnt loose often...

*fyi for the bs flags.....not only did he admit to having the blower, a procharger blow off valve is unmistakable....

if hes on here id love to ask how the hell he lost haha....not that it matters with the new set up either way haahh

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
It's not that hard to believe... especially if he was on street tires. I know a guy who could never do better than 12.3's with his procharged Z06 because he ran street tires and spun half way down the track.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
The question is, what year Z06? Just FYI, the new Z06 traps over 125+ bone stock. So, a procharged Z06, would trap 132+ in the 1/4.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I ran a C5Z06 that had cams, headers, exhaust and a tune. At the time my Mach was running an after cooled Vortech, 12psig, 410s, headers, catless exhaust, aluminum fly, tuned making 480 to the rear. We ran from 50 to 130mph, it was nose to nose as we both rowed through the gears. Eventually he pulled out a bumper on me, I ran out of gear in 4th.

Since then I've added methanol injection, aluminum drive shaft and an electric water pump. I'd love to run him again just to see.

BM1

Established Member
I ran a C5Z06 that had cams, headers, exhaust and a tune. At the time my Mach was running an after cooled Vortech, 12psig, 410s, headers, catless exhaust, aluminum fly, tuned making 480 to the rear. We ran from 50 to 130mph, it was nose to nose as we both rowed through the gears. Eventually he pulled out a bumper on me, I ran out of gear in 4th.

Since then I've added methanol injection, aluminum drive shaft and an electric water pump. I'd love to run him again just to see.

PM Sent

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Do you two mach owners have times? Since, a H/C C5Z06 by itself can easily trap 120+ with a decent driver. Now, from a roll, weighing a couple hundred lbs. less, and being way more aero, and geared more for top end, would pull like no one's business.

fastbacon

Banned
Do you two mach owners have times? Since, a H/C C5Z06 by itself can easily trap 120+ with a decent driver. Now, from a roll, weighing a couple hundred lbs. less, and being way more aero, and geared more for top end, would pull like no one's business.

i trapped 123 with just 464..rwhp....and did a roll race from 60mph......anyone that owns a c5 z would know i had a huge advantage going from 60mph......and 60 is the perfect spot for a 3rd gear roll with 410s in a mach.....

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
That's what I noticed when I raced my friends S/C'ed Mach 1 from 60, with him having 4.36 gears. He pulled but by 95, I stopped his pull, and he shut down. Good kill man, I know it was a joke, just busting your balls.

fastbacon

Banned
speaking of the c6 anyone in the mid to high 400s besides an 03 04 cobra run into one of these c6zs if so howd ya do?....

Users who are viewing this thread