Procharger D1SC Vs P1SC

2001SilvrGT

Established Member
I have a 99 cobra with a fully built motor with a pro charger stock t45 spec stage 2 clutch. I had the car tuned and upgraded to 60 lb injectors and added a Kenne bell BAP with a complete 03/04 cobra tank. Changed the pulley on the blower to a 3.4. Car made 455rwhp at 11.5lbs of boost on a mustang dyno. The blower went recently and I sent it to pro charger input shaft bearing went and the propeller all chewed up (head unit was from 2000). Long story short I asked with a d1 upgrade and the repair it would be around $2500. I'm trying to crack over 500rwhp on pump, you think if i crank the boost and do a D1 upgrade ill make it or should I stick with a P1?

Helomech74

Established Member
You can make 500 to 600 on a P1SC with no issues, I would be looking elsewhere in your build to see why you're not making more power. But if you're already going to spend 2500 on a rebuild, you might as well spend another 3-4 hundred bucks and pick up a brand new D1SC.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I'd upgrade to the D1, you will for sure crack 500 and can grow from there. It's already getting rebuilt why not upgrade

2001SilvrGT

Established Member
The guy who tuned it he said the car was smoking a little bit but by the 2nd or 3rd pull it cleared up, but no signs of detonation. when i did the motor i put all new valve stem seals and bronze valve guides. Prior to getting it tuned the car was sitting for about 3-4 months. So my guess is the car has too much blow by and also from not driving it. So its on a conservative tune. But i asked him if i wanted to push it how much more would it make he said about 470-480rwhp so i told him not to push it if it was going to make that much..My buddy also told me to go e85 and return and D1 and ill make the power but considering i still have the stock t45 i dont want to push it too much, i just want to make 500rwhp where its enough for the street and make the life of the t45 last before i swap it to a t56

Zemedici

Established Member
No need for return and e to make 500. Lets not reinvent the wheel here. Just go ahead with the D1, and have a good time. No need to spend unnecessary money as fuel systems aren't cheap

Users who are viewing this thread