Procharger in the Boss 302. Anyone?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
D1 is an excellent choice. I went with the i-1 - expensive but i like putting the curve where i want it plus the boost comes on same as a pd - instant and all the way to 7500

076_zpsce94f29f.jpg

The i-1 is really awesome in theory. Any letdowns with it? I'd love to see a dyno graph if u have one.

bigriff85

Established Member
i love the i-1 on my car, it made 655/570 on my 9.5:1 aluminator w/ 10psi...I'm looking to swap to a D1SC or F1A so I can pulley it for more power on my aluminator.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
and i might as well jump in on this debate.... cuz i can :p. im going to list the pros/cons of vortech/paxton, procharger, and tvs blower setups.

Vortech/Paxton:
Pros: i think that black V3Si kit (which i have), is the best LOOKING under the hood of the car out of all of the centris and roots blowers.... i also like the placement of the intake and the blower than the procharger... the procharger doesn't look nearly as "factory" as the vortech/paxton kits... and the placement of the air intake directly over the driver side exhaust manifold/header is just about the dumbest thing ive ever seen.
Cons: The worst driveability of all of the kits simply because of the location of the MAF.

Procharger:
Pros: Best driveability of the centris. Requires less modification to the vehicle to install it (even though none of the modifications required to do the vortech/paxton are a big deal... but still worth noting)
Cons: The.****ing.Intake.Is.Right.Above.The.Header

TVS:
Pros: Best driveability of the three by far. Best power curve of the three by far (unless wastegated centri). The blower whine is ****ing badass....
Cons: Most expensive.. with high boost there is no getting around having to do an 8 rib... no traction on the street... ever. no BOV/BPV... Run way hotter, and not as efficient as centris.... and if you have a boss then u ditch ur intake manifold... AND mustang with a roots blower, yea... thats original.

KLOVEYOUBYE

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I just got the torque booster installed on my Paxton and the car was re-tuned by rev auto. the car is a whole nother animal. I have a tremec magnum xl and 4:10's and 1st gear is scary, its really awesome how much harder it pulls through the gears. I had no idea that my car would be so much faster with the torque booster!

Users who are viewing this thread