Procharger P1SC HO kit questions

Rice Killa

Established Member
I have been mainly looking at the Paxton, Vortech, and Procharger. I like the Procharger HO kit because it does not require any cutting. My usage will mainly be for street usage. I may go to the track on rare occasions. I want 550-600 rwhp which I know is achievable with this kit. My main questions are how much hp can I pull out of this kit safely, and how bad is the heatsoak. I have read tons of info on other sc'ers, but not a lot on the stage 1 kit. I know I can go with other setups, but I only want to here pros and cons to this one.

blkstang302

Established Member
From what I've heard the only time you'll see heat soak with a procharger is at idle. And rule of thumb on a stock motor is 650rwhp max right?

Last edited:

KalEl370

Established Member
I know you mentioned you didn't want to trim the bumper, but it's really not noticeable from the outside. I would spend the money and get the stage II intercooler if I were you or get the Paxton/Vortech which comes with a larger intercooler. I've read that there are heat soak issues with the smaller intercooler, but I could be wrong. I would think though, if you are going to spend that much money, you should get the best intercooler. I went with the Paxton tuner kit with ID1000 injectors, Vortech BAP, Boss intake, lethal o/r h pipe and put down 622/466. Here's a pic of the front showing the intercooler. Good luck!
34e2b4e4c7e0e68bf29fc43e379e0720.jpg

Bad Intention

Established Member
Like others have said the trimming that has to be done is not noticable. The IAT's with the HO kit are allot higher than the STG II. I had STG II with P1 and made 659 @ 9 lbs.

stang910

Established Member
Not sure about the procharger, but the paxton has no noticable heat soak. Even in 100* nc weather the car always feels great and I'm sure the procharger is very similar. I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Paxton / Vortech intercoler is better than even the stage 2 procharger

uses factory air box, so pulls fresh air, vs air at the back of the engine bay

doesn't have an extra pulley hanging off the front of the engine to stress the crank

Better all around kit.

Let me know your needs, and I can get you set up.

Beef

Users who are viewing this thread