Procharger, Vortech or eaton swap?

btmach1

Whippled Sonic Blue
Established Member
Hey guys I've got an 03 Mach 1, I'm currently looking into different options but I've been looking into a used Procharger P1SC2. I'm just looking for a little insight on what might be better or what. I know on stock internals I can't run much boost anyways so just curious what would be the best option.
The used p1sc2 I'm looking at is coming off of a Mach 1 also btw. Would be a full kit for less than half the price of buying it new
Let me know your thoughts

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My car makes 415 rwhp at 6.8 lbs of boost on a non intercooled V2 setup. It is WAY more fun than before the install.

Cheapest, easiest way is a centri setup and can be upgraded later with intercoolers and smaller pulleys. A p1sc will make more power than the stock connecting rods can take. If you ever want to make more power, you can upgrade the p1sc to push more boost.

Eaton swaps are more complicated/expensive and you have to add the intercooler, pump and lines and also change out the timing cover. They are very fun cars as well, but if you ever want to make a lot more power, you have to step up to a KB or Whipple and that is big $$$$.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
My car makes 415 rwhp at 6.8 lbs of boost on a non intercooled V2 setup. It is WAY more fun than before the install.

Cheapest, easiest way is a centri setup and can be upgraded later with intercoolers and smaller pulleys. A p1sc will make more power than the stock connecting rods can take. If you ever want to make more power, you can upgrade the p1sc to push more boost.

Eaton swaps are more complicated/expensive and you have to add the intercooler, pump and lines and also change out the timing cover. They are very fun cars as well, but if you ever want to make a lot more power, you have to step up to a KB or Whipple and that is big $$$$.

How long have you been running a non intercooled setup?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the whole eaton thing is a pain in the ass imho and then you have to deal with controlling IAT2 temps. Positive displacement blower cars are a lot of run though

if you buy the procharger kit now the D1 upgrade will cost you 1300 or so later on (been there done that) so something to consider.

the vortech kits just dont pop up used that much it seems...I dunno if its just that people dont buy their kits to start with or what but I also dont see the belt slip complaints that I see about procharger stuff when you start dropping pulley sizes

95PGTTech

Established Member
Buy the kit you're looking at. Easily the best bang/buck. You're going to get nickeled-and-dimed on an Eaton swap.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i did see a P1SC2 kit for sale on this forum and the add claims its the D1 impeller which is not correctly just fyi...also the p1sc cannot be spun as fast as the P1 or D1. From reading around real quick I guess they built that blower to fit the rules of a certain race class.

dont get me wrong its a great little blower though and more than enough to scatter your motor all over the track/road

DarkMach1

Established Member

Would never run a non-intercooled anything on any of my cars, thats just me. Full eaton swaps are somewhat complicated, yes, but there are other ways to run eaton swaps without many of the cobra parts, but im sure you didnt know that. Expensive?? Doubt it, eaton swaps are for the most part have the cheapest final cost of any intercooled blower setups for machs.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Would never run a non-intercooled anything on any of my cars, thats just me. Full eaton swaps are somewhat complicated, yes, but there are other ways to run eaton swaps without many of the cobra parts, but im sure you didnt know that. Expensive?? Doubt it, eaton swaps are for the most part have the cheapest final cost of any intercooled blower setups for machs.

Ya, I agree it's not ideal but I'm not running a ton of boost and I won't race it until I do get an intercooler, which will happen this winter. The nice part about the centri setup (at least for me) is it allows for growth when money/time allows and of course the install is pretty straightforward for someone with moderate amount of mechanical skill.

You've done it so you obviously have more knowledge of the Eaton swap than me but I've heard that it can get pretty expensive if you have to piece the parts together. Either way, it's impressive how easy/cheap it is to get supercharged with a Mustang, my buddy who has a '04 GTO hates how few parts there are for his car.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Ya, I agree it's not ideal but I'm not running a ton of boost and I won't race it until I do get an intercooler, which will happen this winter. The nice part about the centri setup (at least for me) is it allows for growth when money/time allows and of course the install is pretty straightforward for someone with moderate amount of mechanical skill.

You've done it so you obviously have more knowledge of the Eaton swap than me but I've heard that it can get pretty expensive if you have to piece the parts together. Either way, it's impressive how easy/cheap it is to get supercharged with a Mustang, my buddy who has a '04 GTO hates how few parts there are for his car.

The eaton has growth potential as well, you can go with a ported eaton instead of stock for just a bit more money. The swap is actually less expensive if you piece it together, or you can now do the mercury marauder style eaton swap which require way less parts. My eaton swap came out to about $2200 and thats with extras like dual pass heat exchanger, cobra fuel tank and boost/ innovative motorsports wideband. I loved popping the hood and most people had no idea there was a blower under the shaker, unless I went full throttle. My buddy also has a red 04 GTO and the IRS/wheelhop/lack of tire options kills him lol.

btmach1

Whippled Sonic Blue
Established Member
The eaton has growth potential as well, you can go with a ported eaton instead of stock for just a bit more money. The swap is actually less expensive if you piece it together, or you can now do the mercury marauder style eaton swap which require way less parts. My eaton swap came out to about $2200 and thats with extras like dual pass heat exchanger, cobra fuel tank and boost/ innovative motorsports wideband. I loved popping the hood and most people had no idea there was a blower under the shaker, unless I went full throttle. My buddy also has a red 04 GTO and the IRS/wheelhop/lack of tire options kills him lol.

I'm curious what the difference is between the marauder eaton swap and the regular swap

95PGTTech

Established Member
I thought the idea of the Eaton swap was to have a OEM appearing setup? Sorry, not my cup of tea, especially at $650 for the brackets

Users who are viewing this thread