Prochargers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Most of the fastest cars in drag series run PC's or some other centrifugal. Not a screw and not a KB's. There must be a reason. Now why wouldn't a PC do so well on an 03?
You can't really make that comparison. Those cars are set up for that type of blower. And they are RACE cars, they are lightweight with very powerful motors with a procharger on top of that.

The 03 cobra is a heavy car that is extremely weak NA because of our low compression. Thats why it may be tough to run good times with the procharger because down low when the procharger is not making any boost, the car is very slow.

If we had a mach1 or mustang GT or 99-01 cobra this wouldn't be a problem because they are all high compression so down low they use their own NA power to get them going and then the boost takes over. . .unlike with us, we have no NA power to use, so we need boost.

I think once stlblack gets some more runs in he will go faster.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Well I guess I have a crappy car beacuse its Procharged. Oh wait its not because stock '03s don't hang with it. Not trying to shoot down my '03 brothers but hj16 is completely wrong.

Neither as of now, but its nice to know that my "inferior" Eaton is still capable of beating the fastest PC'd 03 around
You keep thinking that hj16.

Forcefed

Established Member
"The 03 cobra is a heavy car that is extremely weak NA because of our low compression. Thats why it may be tough to run good times with the procharger because down low when the procharger is not making any boost, the car is very slow. "

How many people racing leave "down low" I try to leave at 3-4000 rpm...

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Me and everyone I go to the track with do. We leave at 2,000-2800rpm because we will either get major wheel spin (with drag radials) or it will hook and we don't want to break a halfshaft.

There was a video with the sonic blue procharged 03, I believe his name is Jay. He bogged his car on one of his runs, and it took a very long time to get going. If you bog its over. But with a KB or eaton, if you bog the car will still push 10+psi at 1500-2000rpm.

I am not saying the KB is better, I think the procharger is a great blower. I don't know which blower is officially "better", I am not taking sides.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I honestly think the only way PC cars are going to run killer times at the track would be with the solid axle, leave at 6000 rpms scenario. Gotta keep that thing in it's powerband and that is the only way from the get go. Not that 11.3 at 126 is anything to be ashamed of!

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
My car hits boost at 2200rpm. Full boost is not until about 3000rpm if I am flooring it. But out on the streets with non drag radials I have to feather the throttle and don't hit full boost until 4000rpm. I am happy with the Procharger. I plan on heading o'er to a 1/8 track tomorrow to see what she can do...spinning. My upgrades to my suspension won't be done until mid-late April.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
There is NO excuse for a Solid Rear 03 with 660rwhp to run 11.5s. And making 660 with 20psi is kinda sad.

Curiously, Vrooom has gone 11.6 with the stock Eaton, making 475 RWHP. You're right about the numbers not adding up.

Silver 03 Cobra

Originally posted by hj16
Well, no shit:rolleyes:

Im talking your average 2003 Cobra here. Guys that wont go with a return style system, who wont get Solid Rears, who wont touch the motor, and who Daily Drive their cars.

There is NO excuse for a Solid Rear 03 with 660rwhp to run 11.5s. And making 660 with 20psi is kinda sad.

We're talking about racing 03's. If someone is going to swap blowers, they more than likely will add a solid. I think you're fighting a losing battle.

Most people that bought 03/04 Cobras have never been on a drag strip and most can't drive. There are very few running 1.60 or better 60 footers. You are not going to run 10's with 600 rwhp without low 1.60's and I see very few people running that time. I guarantee I could put a PC on my car with ET Streets and bust 10's all day. I'm not far off it now with an unported Eaton. I was running consistent upper 1.50's before I quit running my 03 due to being laid off. If it weren't for that reason I would have been at Rockingham this past Feb. laying down a 10.

I watched the "proverbial dyno queen" Supra at the Holcomb Motorsports Bash last fall at Rockingham. He ran a 10.1 at 135. He was running 1.6x sixty footers. It actually looked slow coming off the line because when he hit boost that sucker just looked like a fighter lifting off the deck. Torque plays a big factor in getting a car off the line, but it's big HP baby that pulls down big trap speed and ET.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
JKD you are totally correct. A KB will pick up faster then a PC car if it bogs. The PC car just needs to come out harder and higher without bogging. Once the driver gets that down the car will fly. The whole race is in the first 60ft. If that gets screwed up forget about going 10s.

Centris have been around for years. All of them lack the low end power in our mod motors, but they still go fast. Not everyone needs 600rwtq @ 2500 RPM to go fast. They just need to learn their setup. Randy once he gets more track time will go 10s for sure. I bet the first KB Cobra to ever go down the track with 600rwhp didnt go 10s its first time out. If anyone of you are over on mod fords, Jay has a new setup. Once its on and tuned me and him are going to go at it to see whick will be faster on the street, and most likely there will be video to back it up. It will be interesting to see.

and HJ race me and then tell me my car is slow :p

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
venomous - the problem is, you have high compression so your cars NA power can get you going just fine until the procharger comes in. But with us, if we don't have boost we don't go anywhere. We had a big discussion a while ago about this but I think we came to the conclussion that we make about 220-230hp NA, and thats in a 3665+lb car.

I bet your car runs great, I am glad you are happy with it :rockon: If I had a 96-01 cobra I probably would prefer a centrifugal.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
venomous - the problem is, you have high compression so your cars NA power can get you going just fine until the procharger comes in. But with us, if we don't have boost we don't go anywhere. We had a big discussion a while ago about this but I think we came to the conclussion that we make about 220-230hp NA, and thats in a 3665+lb car.

I bet your car runs great, I am glad you are happy with it :rockon: If I had a 96-01 cobra I probably would prefer a centrifugal.
What compression are you guys running?

adam

Established Member
HJ16.... Sit back and take a moment and think of something intelligent to say next time.

There are some who actually are not professional drivers and in this case, stlblack03 is just posting times to help others and has made what 6-7 passes now with over 200 more horsepower than he had before plus a new clutch that he had installed 4 days before running so maybe he was not used to everything yet.

Why don't you try letting him get 20 passes in it and after that and he is used to the clutch and get some kinks worked out, then at that time..... you can attempt to make comments!

jtfx6552

Established Member
The thing is that the procharger guys are the guys that started the mudslinging.

From RPMOutlet's website that states:
"NOW AVAILABLE

Before you drop $3500.00 on an obsolete Kenny Bell supercharger Head Unit, and sacrifice 100 hp Take a look at What the #1 Supercharger Manufacture has to offer. "

To Jason Cohen's multiple threads about how he is replacing his KB with the superior PC. To his thread bashing KB for not sending him the parts he needed to bolt a whipple on his car.

Will a PC '03 eventually run? Probably, for now, the ball busting is deserved.

It is interesting in this community how "everyone" thinks what they have is unequivocally the best and everything else sucks.

I've met Randy, he is a good guy and I hope he gets some good numbers.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Wow,
Holy S*&$ Batman...you guys all need to relax a bit...Randy And Dave are doing exactly what Hammer(RICH) did for the KB's...Some of you guys are way to critical, i mean....these guys are doing something your average Joe would definately not want a part of..being a guinea PIG..I had my fair share with the PC setup but things change i went from more RACE to more street...End of story. Let these guys run for a few months getting use to the blowers poerband and then...be critical. Like a few others said we are all on the same team...I will Race Dave's F1 powered 03 sometime this spring no doubt...we will see whats got the advantage...and then everyone can decide whats got the advantage...shit i'm gonna race him with the Ported eaton first.

Jay

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Fubu its all your fault!

haha j/k

Its just rediculous that these people like Hj that have never been behind the wheel of a 600+hp car and think it will automatically go 10s becaues of its power. Put him behind a 600rwhp and see what he does at the track. I bet he runs 13s with a 2.7 60 ft.

I respect all cars wether its an Eaton, KB, PC whatever. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. Dont get my wrong KB cars are fast. But they had the same troubles the PC cars are having now getting the right launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread