Professional painter in Nor-Cal (near or in 408) area needed...

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
There is a nice local body shop here in Campbell, but... they just did some paint work on my friends car & he was not happy with specs in the paint. They are nice guys, I have known them for years, they have been in business for 27years. However, they don't have high quality down draft spray booth, & their good painter no longer works there,. :( I'm super picky when it comes to anything car related.

I want a rocker panel on my M5 done right the first time & I doesn't look like these local guys down the street are going to cut the mustard on this simple paint job...

Any advice or recommendations fellas... ? :shrug:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Where did you go in Campbell? I might know one.

I have been good friends with all the guys at SHIRO's auto body for a long time. They are all nice guys & the shop is super close to where I live. But, they did a bumper repaint for a friend of mine that I work with & he was unhappy with the paint job they did...

68gtscode

Established Member
Hey Kevin, Although I haven't used them yet, it's my understanding the best place around is Works Auto Body in Santa Clara. I had Premier in Freemont install my clear bra last year, and they generally work on very high end exotics... they recommend Works Auto Body to me.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Hey Kevin, Although I haven't used them yet, it's my understanding the best place around is Works Auto Body in Santa Clara. I had Premier in Freemont install my clear bra last year, and they generally work on very high end exotics... they recommend Works Auto Body to me.

Thanks Matt. I will do some research & check this place out. I appreciate the help...

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Matt,

Just did some quick research & it seams like there is a place called German Auto Body that seems like a top notch place to get paint work done too. It's also located in Santa Clara... ;-)

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Kevin,

The shop next to mine Norcal Autoworks does some of the best paint work in the country... BUT they are not cheap and are in Campbell. Give Ryan Wight a call and tell him Mike from TPS Motorsports sent you and he'll take care of you. He has a VERY nice downdraft paint booth.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Kevin,

The shop next to mine Norcal Autoworks does some of the best paint work in the country... BUT they are not cheap and are in Campbell. Give Ryan Wight a call and tell him Mike from TPS Motorsports sent you and he'll take care of you. He has a VERY nice downdraft paint booth.

Thanks Mike. I will make sure to check them out & take a look at their shop too... ! ;-)

68gtscode

Established Member
I'm going to check out Norcal Autoworks based on Mike's recommendation and Works Auto Body shortly... My Cobra's only flaw is a small scratch in the rear bumper cover from the first owner.

Kevin, let us know what you think of these places.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I'm going to check out Norcal Autoworks based on Mike's recommendation and Works Auto Body shortly... My Cobra's only flaw is a small scratch in the rear bumper cover from the first owner.

Kevin, let us know what you think of these places.

I most definitely will Matt. And one of these days you need to bring that yellow COBRA by so I can see it man... ! :coolman:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member

Have you checked these guys out yet Matt & if so, what did you find out... ? :shrug:

68gtscode

Established Member
Have you checked these guys out yet Matt & if so, what did you find out... ? :shrug:

Not yet Kevin, it is on my "to do" list though... Part of my hesitation to have the scratch in my bumper fixed is due to the clear bra (it will need to be redone afterwards). Regardless, I'll let you know once I check out the shops, hopefully in the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread