Progress :-)

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Went by today to check on the progress of the build... today they are going to install the chrome alternator & LDC Cooling mod - and Saturday they will be installing my personally favorite mod of the build, the Procharger :D

Pretty happy with the look of the engine bay so far (had a bunch of crap chromed), and very much looking forward to the dyno tune results next week. :thumbsup:

A couple of pics :)
Everything was dirty with figer prints and stuff - but you get the general idea.

051606_01.jpg

051606_02.jpg

Last edited:

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
quadcammer said:
looks nice, but you got the pcv valve on the wrong side.
stupid shop bitches lol

I'm sure the dude in charge of the build will fix that before too much longer ;-)

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
SNAKIE said:
lookin damn good mark. :rockon: Would the chrome keep in the heat vs say a polish or powder coat?
Heat - probably the same as polished - I don't really know. I do realise that there will be some heat soak due to the chrome crap, but I'm eally not that concerned with it since maximum performance isn't the primary goal.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ssiiiccck mark!!! looks awesome! btw, where did u get ur stuff chromed/polished? i want my intake polished/chromed. how much did that run ya? looks killer man!

marek

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
All the stuff was chromed by:
Valley Plating
491 Perry CT, Santa Clara, CA
(408) 988-5502

I can't give you a breakdown of costs on all the individual pieces, but the total for all the parts I had done was about $1200, which included the costs for them to polish the aluminum before plating it.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
SVECobraR said:
I'm sorry but i don't like the stripes on the car.
No need to be sorry. I'm pretty used to peeps either loving them or hating them. Personal taste is just that, I like them and that's all that matters. :-D

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Looks great! I couldn't handle it though. That's one more or should I say- several more things to detail on every wash. LOL

How much boost are you going to run?

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys :thumbsup:

type911: Yeah, that's an Acufab TB. Thought it would help performance and looks good with the chrome too.

lasercobra: Gonna run 9psi (probably reduced to ~8 after the intercooler). Actually I did the chrome 'cause I am lazy - it's a lot easier to keep clean then polished - which tends to oxidize over time and needs to be touched up every year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread