Project 650 RWHP Mach has begun.

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
All of it. Everything all said and done.

Right now I'm at around $21000 just for parts and rebuilding. Then since I am not doing the build myself there is labor. So far 25 Hours at $90 an hour which includes the install on the heads, motor in the car and trans and converter. I am sure I forgot some things but that is ball park for most of it. And does not include the final tune. My suggestion is read up and decide what you want to do before you begin, and have a goal in mind. The reason being is if you go SC and you decide you want to go turbo, for instance, you will end up spending double or close.

if you ask that question...you dont have enough money :)
guess how much it cost and than multiply by 3

You got that right this build took over three years of gathering parts doing research and saving money so I could do it all right and the first time!!!

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Right now I'm at around $21000 just for parts and rebuilding. Then since I am not doing the build myself there is labor. So far 25 Hours at $90 an hour which includes the install on the heads, motor in the car and trans and converter. I am sure I forgot some things but that is ball park for most of it. And does not include the final tune. My suggestion is read up and decide what you want to do before you begin, and have a goal in mind. The reason being is if you go SC and you decide you want to go turbo, for instance, you will end up spending double or close.

You got that right this build took over three years of gathering parts doing research and saving money so I could do it all right and the first time!!!

And that right there is the reason I just bought mine already complete finished lol. Good luck with the build man looks great.

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
Best of luck man, I'm starting a very similar project on tuesday, but doing the work myself, and going w/ a vortech T-trim. My project thread will be on here too, but im only shooting for mid 500s on mine.

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Best of luck man, I'm starting a very similar project on tuesday, but doing the work myself, and going w/ a vortech T-trim. My project thread will be on here too, but im only shooting for mid 500s on mine.

Good luck man, really debated doing it myself but I just don't have the time. mid 500's should be a piece of cake for our motors. :beer:

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Motor is together now. Decided to replace the radiator support as it was hit on a curb by the previous owner...delays delays...
motor.jpg

New RC 71# injectors are in.

71lbinjectors.jpg

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Thanks man. Motor got bolted to the trans today ready to go in. Now we wait for the Mach to come back from the body shop. New radiator support going in.
newmotorreadytogo.jpg

Crated the old shortblock...It's going to LOOKandGO
cratedoldmotor.jpg

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Allright more progress. The Mach is at Collision Physician in Wellington getting the radiator support replaced should be done in a couple of days. Then when the Mach gets back to the shop it's full speed ahead with the motor install. Some pics, doesn't look great right now.
thechoppedmach.jpg

radiatorsupportinstall2.jpg

radiatorsupport.gif

radiatorsupportinstall.jpg

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Really moving now, but another snag comes along. The A/C condenser is leaking and no one stocks it. Just ordered one. Supercharger is in. New Mistsimoto radiator is in (Thanx Sirl) and I polished the intercooler. Looks great if I say so myself. Here's the pix..
motorinstall1.jpg

newradiatorinstalled.gif

motorinstall2.gif

motorinstall2.gif

Nice header clearence

niceheaderclearence.jpg

Polished the inter cooler, that was like work...

polishedprocharger.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread