j3st3r

Established Member
Thought I would start a project thread for my 2013 Mustang GT...so here it goes

To start bought a 2013 Black Mustang GT Premium on 4/28
Packages:
-401A
-GT Track Package
-Electronics Package
-Premium Trim with Accent (Grabber Blue Accent)
-Comfort Package
-Rear view Camera
-Reverse Sensing and Security Package

Some initial pictures:
Mustang020-L.jpg

Mustang017-XL.jpg

Mustang016-XL.jpg

Mustang013-XL.jpg

Pony009-XL.jpg

Pony006-XL.jpg

Pony005-XL.jpg

Pony004-XL.jpg

Pony002-XL.jpg

Pony001-1-XL.jpg

Mustang012-XL.jpg

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
5/3

Time for a little more sound!

GT500 Axle Back Part#50149(American Muscle)
GT500001.gif

Exhaust008-XL.jpg

Exhaust003-XL.jpg

Rear002.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9V0ug5CZ8vs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
5/12

Time to lower it a bit....

Eibach Pro-Kit Part#:35125.140(TireRack)

Springs001-1-XL.jpg

Springs002-1-XL.jpg

Springs018-XL.jpg

Mustang010-XL.jpg

Mustang011-XL.jpg

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
5/19

Decided to get serious about the suspension....

Eibach Pro Dampers
Mustang015-XL.jpg

Vorshlag Caster/Camber Plates....these are the nicest plates I think I have ever seen! Part#:A1-2000-02(Vorshlag)
Mustang021-XL.jpg

Mustang020-XL.jpg

Mustang018-XL.jpg

Spohn Performance DelSphere 4130 ChromeMoly Panhard Bar Part#:M5-105(Spohn Performance)
Mustang014-XL.jpg

Mustang022-XL.jpg

Mustang023-XL.jpg

Mustang024-XL.jpg

Mustang025-XL.jpg

Mustang026-XL.jpg

Mustang001-1-XL.jpg

Mustang002-1-XL.jpg

Mustang003-1-XL.jpg

Mustang004-1-XL.jpg

Mustang005-1-XL.jpg

Mustang006-1-XL.jpg

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
5/23

A little more power....

Decided to go with Brenspeed JLT Tuner Package Part#3000JLT11(Brenspeed)
-SCT X3 Tuner
-JLT CAI
-3 Custom Tunes

This will be here tomorrow, and I am hoping to be able to get it in before we leave for the track event Thursday night.

BTW...first track day for the car will be this Friday & Saturday @ Memphis Motorsports road course...unfortunately I ran out of time and was not able to get tires and rims ordered for this, so will have to run the stockers for this one. At least this will give me a good feel and baseline for how its doing.

ViciousJay

Established Member
how many miles do you have on her so far? im trying to decide whether i wanna slap my tune on the new car when i get it or wait a few thousand miles and let the engine break in a bit

j3st3r

Established Member
how many miles do you have on her so far? im trying to decide whether i wanna slap my tune on the new car when i get it or wait a few thousand miles and let the engine break in a bit

I broke the car in for about 1000 miles, then changed the oil....now I am ready to play! :) Car has 1400 miles on it right now

Last edited:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Coming along quickly. good job

Why did you go with a rod end panhard bar?

Talk about some serious NVH...

j3st3r

Established Member
5/23

Just in case....

JLT Oil Separators
Part#JLT-OSDFMG1B(Brenspeed) - Drivers Side
Part#JLT-OSPFMG1B(Late Model Restoration) - Passengers Side

Mustang003-XL.jpg

Mustang005-XL.jpg

Mustang006-XL.jpg

Mustang007-XL.jpg

Last edited:

j3st3r

Established Member
Coming along quickly. good job

Why did you go with a rod end panhard bar?

Talk about some serious NVH...

Its a little more than a rod end....here is why I chose...

"....The Spohn Performance Del-Sphere pivot joint solves the shortcomings of the factory rubber and aftermarket polyurethane bushings. Our Del-Sphere pivot joint incorporates a spherical ball which is surrounded by delrin bushing cups. This combination allows the panhard bar to articulate like a spherical rod end (28 degrees of available rotation) during cornering but the spherical ball does not allow the bushing to deflect. Therefore the panhard bar remains completely bind free like a spherical rod end during cornering for predictable traction in the corners.

Think of the Del-Sphere pivot joint as a Delrin bushed spherical rod end. After over a year of R&D testing here at Spohn Performance on a streetable spherical joint the Del-Sphere pivot joint is the final result. Designed and manufactured exclusively by Spohn Performance, we have taken street suspension performance to the next level. Our Del-Sphere pivot joint features a one piece forged and heat treated chrome moly housing, a heat treated and chrome plated chrome moly spherical ball, Delrin bushing cups, heat treated retainer washer and snap ring, heat treated and chrome plated chrome moly threaded adjuster ring, an external grease fitting and a beautiful silver zinc plated housing finish.

The Delrin bushing cups absorb shock and road noise so you get the quiet and smooth ride of a bushing as well as 28 degrees of rotation! Our Del-Sphere pivot joints will always ship to you fully assembled, however, we also offer an optional adjusting tool that will allow you to do two things. First, you can disassemble the Del-Sphere pivot joint for cleaning, inspection, etc. Second, you can adjust the amount of friction on the spherical ball. Do you want a very low friction pivot joint or a very tight pivot joint? It's up to you, the amount of tension can be easily adjusted by using our optional adjustment tool to tighten or loosen the end retainer ring. What that also means is if over time and miles the tolerances open up you can simply re-adjust the retainer ring and have your pivot joint as tight as it was the day it was brand new. We doubt you'll ever need to replace the Delrin bushing cups, but they certainly can be. Unlike a spherical rod end, the Del-Sphere pivot joint is 100% rebuildable.

What is Delrin, and why did you choose to use it? Delrin is an acetal homopolymer made by DuPont. It is characterized as having an excellent combination of physical properties that make it suitable for numerous applications. With extremely low moisture absorption and a low coefficient of friction (self-lubricating), Delrin is uniquely tailored for wear applications in high humidity or moisture environments. Delrin will maintain constant physical properties under high moisture conditions and out-perform nylon or polyurethane under these conditions. Delrin has a 10,000 psi tensile strength and a 120 Rockwell Hardness rating making it ideal for our Del-Sphere application.
...."

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Nice progress. I hadn't seen that panhard before. Definitely will be considering that over a BMR now.

Users who are viewing this thread